Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who wins MVP in NBA this year???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Lebron James wins it again this year. IMO he is the best all-around player in the game and top 3 of all-time. So who you got for MVP this year???
Wildcats11 Wrote:I think Lebron James wins it again this year. IMO he is the best all-around player in the game and top 3 of all-time. So who you got for MVP this year???

It will Come Down To Wade, Lebron, Kobe,

Top 3 Of All Time? What kind of numbers does he have to back this up? And pls dont give me his youngest player stats..... alot of great players went to college.

I also think carmelo anthony is going to have a great year.

Add a poll with Wade, Lebron, Kobe, Paul, Melo, Some Contenders u can think of
Wildcatk23 Wrote:It will Come Down To Wade, Lebron, Kobe,

Top 3 Of All Time? What kind of numbers does he have to back this up? And pls dont give me his youngest player stats..... alot of great players went to college.

I also think carmelo anthony is going to have a great year.

I think his performances each and EVERY night backs this up easily. Right now he is averaging 30.5 points, 10 assists, and 7.5 rebounds. I know this season just started but still some great numbers. Last year he averaged 28.4 ppg, 7.6 rebounds, and 7.2 assists. Pretty decent numbers wouldn't you say???
Wildcats11 Wrote:I think his performances each and EVERY night backs this up easily. Right now he is averaging 30.5 points, 10 assists, and 7.5 rebounds. I know this season just started but still some great numbers. Last year he averaged 28.4 ppg, 7.6 rebounds, and 7.2 assists. Pretty decent numbers wouldn't you say???

Yea But U Said Of All Time.... Look At Allen Iversons Numbers for His Career Before He Was Traded. Amazing huh? But It He Considered Top 3 Of All Time.
Lebron has 139 career double doubles, Kobe has 134, and Michael Jordan just had 51.. Just some most stats to throw at ya..
Wildcats11 Wrote:Lebron has 139 career double doubles, Kobe has 134, and Michael Jordan just had 51.. Just some most stats to throw at ya..

Yea Exactly. The Greatest Basketball Player Of All Time Only Has 51 Double doubles.. Couldn't be To Important....

Go check this kid out. Being 6 Feet Tall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/st...ayerId=366
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yea But U Said Of All Time.... Look At Allen Iversons Numbers for His Career Before He Was Traded. Amazing huh? But It He Considered Top 3 Of All Time.

Iverson was a scorer and nothing else. Lebron can do it all. I'll go on to say he may even be #1 all-around player of all time right now. Still hasn't reached his prime. If you don't agree, then name some players that compare to him with stats to back it up. Remember this is just my opinion, but I just don't see anyone better as a all-around player.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Yea Exactly. The Greatest Basketball Player Of All Time Only Has 51 Double doubles.. Couldn't be To Important....

Go check this kid out. Being 6 Feet Tall.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/st...ayerId=366

So you're saying DD's aren't important, really??? :lmao:
Not sure why my post was deleted...... all im saying is. its hard to classify someone who has never won a nba championship as one of the greatest ever.
Keep hating on LeBron, everyone does. I'd love to knock the **** out of Skip Bayless, anyways.

You can say Kobe's a better shooter, it's true. But Kobe doesn't play defense as good in my opinion, he's not the rebounder LeBron is, he isn't the passer or the leader LeBron is. LeBron can truly be frightening, can you imagine a 6'8, 280 pound man made entirely of muscle running a 4.4 towards you? I can't think of anything that could be compared to running into a train.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Not sure why my post was deleted...... all im saying is. its hard to classify someone who has never won a nba championship as one of the greatest ever.

I didn't say who has accomplished more, I said he is better all-around. That means Scoring, passing, rebounding, and defense. :Thumbs:
Poll Added
The League is now Lebron's - His team has gotten off to a poor start, but in the long run, he will bring this team back to being the odds on favorite, thus vaulting him to the top of the list
Wildcats11 Wrote:I didn't say who has accomplished more, I said he is better all-around. That means Scoring, passing, rebounding, and defense. :Thumbs:

Exactly, he hasn't won a championship, but not because he's personally been unsuccessful. His supporting cast has failed every time he's gotten close.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Exactly, he hasn't won a championship, but not because he's personally been unsuccessful. His supporting cast has failed every time he's gotten close.

I agree.. LBJ's supporting cast has been terrible compared to Kobe's and MJ's.
Lebron is 1, Kobe 2 and Wade 3 then carmelo anthony and chris paul will have great years
Easy.

Its gotta be "The King"
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Lebron is 1, Kobe 2 and Wade 3 then carmelo anthony and chris paul will have great years

You gotta throw Kevin Durant into that mix of players too. Gilbert Arenas isn't a top 5 player but certainly a top 10 scorer in the league and he is back on track this year as well.
Ah Kevin Durant is pretty much all offense, not much defense.. Plus his team will not have a good year at all (even though they are 2-0) Wade will probably win the scoring title because he has to shoot most of the Heat's shots. LeBron will win MVP, and I think Carmelo will give him the most competition and finish 2nd. Kobe just has too much help.. Who couldn't win a championship with Odom, Gasol, Fisher, Bynum, and a few good role players.. The main thing is, the Lakers have a COACH... The Cavs definitely don't.
Wildcats11 Wrote:You gotta throw Kevin Durant into that mix of players too. Gilbert Arenas isn't a top 5 player but certainly a top 10 scorer in the league and he is back on track this year as well.

Durant MVP? Maybe All-Star selection, maybe second team All-NBA, but that is even stretching it. I don't see him ever being an MVP candidate though. You have to be able to play some defense.
runninrebs21 Wrote:Ah Kevin Durant is pretty much all offense, not much defense.. Plus his team will not have a good year at all (even though they are 2-0) Wade will probably win the scoring title because he has to shoot most of the Heat's shots. LeBron will win MVP, and I think Carmelo will give him the most competition and finish 2nd. Kobe just has too much help.. Who couldn't win a championship with Odom, Gasol, Fisher, Bynum, and a few good role players.. The main thing is, the Lakers have a COACH... The Cavs definitely don't.

Pretty much dead on!!!:flame: