Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central's coaching staff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:1: Lcc has had a great season, We're very close to being a 9-0 team.
We lost a heartbreaker to Belfry and a close game to Hcc. Huge wins over Whitley and Pcc and Hazard. We all know what an impact coach Whitaker has made this year and Hillard is one of the best. Who's some of the other coaches on the staff that deserve some recognition for their success this season, In your opinions? I know their O-line has done a good job this season.:Thumbs: IMO They have the best staff they could have and the best staff LCC has ever had. Brought in some good coaches, already had some good coaches and weeded out some as well. GREAT SEASON LCC!
I think the addition of Tony Sergeant has helped tremendously!
I agree 100%!
Coach Whitaker is a Beast of an offensive mind, known him and his family most of my life and have alot of confidence in his abilities as coach, glad to see your success this year I think it is a great compliment to eastern Ky. Good Luck in the Playoffs
CATDAD2 Wrote:Coach Whitaker is a Beast of an offensive mind, known him and his family most of my life and have alot of confidence in his abilities as coach, glad to see your success this year I think it is a great compliment to eastern Ky. Good Luck in the Playoffs

This is a great staff Howard and Whitaker compliment each other well. LCC has a lot to look forward to over the next few years.
Howard and Whitaker together is hard to beat. Mike has been a winner every place he has been. Comes from a great background. Played for Floyd Hines and Roy Kidd. Don't get much better than that.
CATDAD2 Wrote:Coach Whitaker is a Beast of an offensive mind, known him and his family most of my life and have alot of confidence in his abilities as coach, glad to see your success this year I think it is a great compliment to eastern Ky. Good Luck in the Playoffs

He is a Beast all right. They are averaging 30 points a game this season and last season they averaged 41 points a game in the regular season. Dang, with all those offensive smarts, you would think LCC would be averaging more than last year. Now, I know there will be all kinds of excuses for offesnive output, but great offensive minds such as Whitaker should be able to overcome that.

A whopping 7 points against Harlan County. Really! You can talk about how good Harlans defense was, but a "Beast" of an offensive mind should be able to put up more than 7 points against a second year program.

A whopping 20 points against a 2A Middlesboro team with only 3 WINS? Genius at work I guess.

Keep drinking the Kool Aid
This was his first year and I don't think the talent around the young QB can be expected to score 40+ points a game. Coaches can only do so much. Next year should be the time to be judging Coach Whitaker, all the kids will have 2 years in the system!
The thing with this coaching staff is that there has been 5 former head coaches with high school teams. They all work great together and understand there role into coaching this team.
I didnt ever expect the team to average more points than last years! For one its the first year of the new offense and two the district overall has a better defense this year! Middelsboro was what the first game and then Harlan Co has been very impressive on defense! Still we should have had that game in the bag. I did expect Whitaker to have the Blackbears at his mercy! I give Harlan Co a big pat on the back for that game. I felt it changed the attitude of the team and coaches alike. After that loss we started executing and it was pretty obvious. Further it is clear we have one of the state's elite coaching staffs and anyone on this thread should have nothing but good to say!
The coaching staff is definitely one of the best in the state. 5 ex-head coaches on one staff, who would have thought they all could co-exist but they have made it work. I coach the middle school team and I am the luckiest guy in the world, I have all those coaches brains to pick and my kids benefit from it greatly. Howard, Whitaker, Thomas, Sergent and McAuley are all excellent guys and would do anything for anyone, the kids are lucky to have a staff like this working with them. Can you imagine the information that is broken down from different perspectives on film day?