Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4A District 7/8 Playoff Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seedings

Dist. 7
1. Bell Co.
2. Knox Central
3. Rockcastle Co.
4. McCreary Central

Dist. 8
1. Lawrence Co.
2. Rowan Co.
3. Boyd Co.
4. Greenup Co.

Class AAAA Region 4 Playoff Matchups

(4) Greenup Co. @ (1) Bell Co.
(3) Rockcastle Co. @ (2) Rowan Co.

(3) Boyd Co. @ (2) Knox Central
(4) McCreary Central @ (1) Lawrence Co.

Which team from this region heads to the state semi's?
I would love to see Rockcastle squeek by, but in reality speaking it will be Bell County and Knox Central in the Region Final and thats a tossup but overall it more and likely be Bell, but ol' Boyle is going to give their call in the Semi-finals. Then again who knows, with my heart I root Rockcastle to maintain their streak to 24 years.....GO ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Thumbs:TongueirateSho:HitWall::HitWall::rockon:
Bell
Rock

Knox
Lawrence
Bell County should win the region, it is their's to lose, to be the champ, you've got to beat the champ. :Thumbs:
i dont think that Bell will win, actually...ill guarantee that they wont
First Round
Bell Co 63 Greenup Co 0
Knox Co 35 Boyd Co 14
Rockcastle Co 28 Rowan Co 21
McCreay Central 7 Lawrence Co 35

Second Round
Bell Co 35 Rockcastle Co 14
Knox Co 21 Lawrence Co 31

Region
Bell Co 31 Lawrence Co 10
JobForACowboy Wrote:i dont think that Bell will win, actually...ill guarantee that they wont

I'll take that bet.:Thumbs:
ill take that bet double twice
Where are all the Lawrence fans??? Shoudlnt they be defending their team in here like every other thraed?? LOL
We're just happy to make the playoffs and have the chance to even be an after thought on a saturday morning from any team from class 4a district 7.
The team can defend themself. I'm confident they can.
I think we should save the State of Kentucky some money with the tough economic times and just go ahead and call all the first 3 rounds off and go ahead and put Boyle and Bell in the semi-finals to find out whom is going to win it all.
(4) Greenup Co. @ (1) Bell Co.
(3) Rockcastle Co. @ (2) Rowan Co.

(3) Boyd Co. @ (2) Knox Central
(4) McCreary Central @ (1) Lawrence Co.

Im gonna say (3) Rock @ (1)Bell
and (2) Knox Central @ (1) Lawrence County

Region Championship
Bell vs. Lawrence County

Region Champ
Bell
Bell Co. should roll on through untouched.
4A district 7 is very, very strong. MCC is the worst team in the district, and they have 7 wins.

Bell Co 62
Greenup co 28(GC has a very elusive back Rashard Cater, keep the eyes out for him)

Rowan Co 34(Darrell Cross is the best back in EKY, and is only a soph.)
Rock 28

------------

Lawrence Co 48
MCC 14

Knox 34
Boyd 0

---------------

2nd round

Bell Co. 55
Rowan 27

Lawrence co 14
Knox co 7

-------------

Regional Championship

Bell Co 42
Lawrence 14
The Iceboxx Wrote:4A district 7 is very, very strong. MCC is the worst team in the district, and they have 7 wins.

Bell Co 62
Greenup co 28(GC has a very elusive back Rashard Cater, keep the eyes out for him)

Rowan Co 34(Darrell Cross is the best back in EKY, and is only a soph.)
Rock 28

------------

Lawrence Co 48
MCC 14

Knox 34
Boyd 0

---------------

2nd round

Bell Co. 55
Rowan 27

Lawrence co 14
Knox co 7

-------------

Regional Championship

Bell Co 42
Lawrence 14
Carter is banged up right now, Cross is a junior, and it will come down to who runs their power football the best. Carter out rushed Cross this season at RC, Pack may be the best back in EKY.
old warrior Wrote:Carter is banged up right now, Cross is a junior, and it will come down to who runs their power football the best. Carter out rushed Cross this season at RC, Pack may be the best back in EKY.
I dont want to be the party boouper in the case but when you are quoting the best back in eastern kentucky, that is making quite a statement, Clark Rowe from Rockcastle County is only a sophomore and has already gained over 1,700 yards and 20 touchdowns on the ground. I think Rowe should get a little recognition along with Dustin Bishop being a consistent passer as well. Greenup is on the verge of rebuilding mode, Honestly I really know 2 things about Greenup County 1 its home to Billy Ray Cyrus and 2 Greenup County was 1979 state champions.
Quote:I think we should save the State of Kentucky some money with the tough economic times and just go ahead and call all the first 3 rounds off and go ahead and put Boyle and Bell in the semi-finals to find out whom is going to win it all.

Best thing you have said in a while i will be in touch with the Governor and the President and see what we can get worked out lol
old warrior Wrote:Carter is banged up right now, Cross is a junior, and it will come down to who runs their power football the best. Carter out rushed Cross this season at RC, Pack may be the best back in EKY.
Thanks OW, Pack is certainly one of the best and it shows something about Pack and his abilities when this statement is being said by someone whom is a fan from Greenup County.

rocket01 Wrote:I dont want to be the party boouper in the case but when you are quoting the best back in eastern kentucky, that is making quite a statement, Clark Rowe from Rockcastle County is only a sophomore and has already gained over 1,700 yards and 20 touchdowns on the ground. I think Rowe should get a little recognition along with Dustin Bishop being a consistent passer as well. Greenup is on the verge of rebuilding mode, Honestly I really know 2 things about Greenup County 1 its home to Billy Ray Cyrus and 2 Greenup County was 1979 state champions.
Sounds like he is having a nice year. Lawrence Counties top three backs have combined for over 2300 yards and 33 rushing TDs. I believe Pack has right around 1300 yards and 22 of those TDs.

BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Best thing you have said in a while i will be in touch with the Governor and the President and see what we can get worked out lol
I try to look at what is better of all instead of just my feelings. :Thumbs::notworthy
rocket01 Wrote:I dont want to be the party boouper in the case but when you are quoting the best back in eastern kentucky, that is making quite a statement, Clark Rowe from Rockcastle County is only a sophomore and has already gained over 1,700 yards and 20 touchdowns on the ground. I think Rowe should get a little recognition along with Dustin Bishop being a consistent passer as well. Greenup is on the verge of rebuilding mode, Honestly I really know 2 things about Greenup County 1 its home to Billy Ray Cyrus and 2 Greenup County was 1979 state champions.

Billy Ray Cyrus played at Russell high school and they won the 3a state championship in 1979.

Something is very odd with this conversation about running backs. Many forget Davenport from Bell. If he had as many running attempts as the one's mentioned don't you think he might be ahead of the rest. I wonder what his rushing total was against Rockcastle? What was Rowe's rushing total against Bell? Just wondering........
easyM Wrote:Something is very odd with this conversation about running backs. Many forget Davenport from Bell. If he had as many running attempts as the one's mentioned don't you think he might be ahead of the rest. I wonder what his rushing total was against Rockcastle? What was Rowe's rushing total against Bell? Just wondering........
Davenport had 16 carries for 165 yards against the rockets and Rowe had 19 carries for 77 yards against the Bobcats.
After last weeks game Rockcastle had a little over 2400 yards rushing, prior to last week Bell County had just over 1700 yards and after last weeks game Lawrence County had just short of 3100 yards.
bell co. vs rockcastle
knox central vs lawrence co.

bell co. vs lawrence co.

bell wins region
the watcher Wrote:First Round
Bell Co 63 Greenup Co 0
Knox Co 35 Boyd Co 14
Rockcastle Co 28 Rowan Co 21
McCreay Central 7 Lawrence Co 35

Second Round
Bell Co 35 Rockcastle Co 14
Knox Co 21 Lawrence Co 31

Region
Bell Co 31 Lawrence Co 10
I think Boyd will beat Knox and Greenup gets on the board and not shut out...with that said Lawrence meets Bell in Regionals and its a closer game than most people want to admit.
CatDawg Wrote:Davenport had 16 carries for 165 yards against the rockets and Rowe had 19 carries for 77 yards against the Bobcats.

Thanks for looking that up.
CatDawg Wrote:After last weeks game Rockcastle had a little over 2400 yards rushing, prior to last week Bell County had just over 1700 yards and after last weeks game Lawrence County had just short of 3100 yards.

Stats are hard to figure sometimes. That's why it's hard to match teams up and know the winner before hand. The 3100 is a lot of yards.
I agree stats are crazy. Sheldon Clark had 177 rushing against Johnson Central, Bell County had just over 200 against them. However, Sheldon Clark only had 105 I think against LC. Does that mean Bell County won't put up 300 yards rushing against LC? No, but LC does have a good defense so far this year especially against the run.
CatDawg Wrote:I agree stats are crazy. Sheldon Clark had 177 rushing against Johnson Central, Bell County had just over 200 against them. However, Sheldon Clark only had 105 I think against LC. Does that mean Bell County won't put up 300 yards rushing against LC? No, but LC does have a good defense so far this year especially against the run.

I don't think Bell would be putting up that kind of numbers on that defense.
Let's hope they both get there!
I hope so, I still don't see LC winning it but I think it will be much better than last year.
Pages: 1 2 3