Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A Playoffs Repeat of 08?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
First Round looks like this:
Region1
Union vs. adair co.

Mclean vs.

Paducah Tilghman vs. Edmonson

Webster vs Russellville

Region 2

Central vs spencer

Shawnee vs north oldham

Elizabethtown vs western hills

Moore vs Henry

Region 3

Somerset vs Powell

Gerrard vs Magoffin

Wayne vs Estill

Taylor vs Breathitt

Region 4

Belfry vs Lewis co

PCC vs west carter

Sheldon Clark Vs Russell

East Ridge Vs Mason co.

So it would seem that the final 4 will be the same as last year:

Union vs central for the west

Belfry vs Breathitt or somerset from the east
Mason may be too much for Belfry this year.Just my opinion.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Mason may be too much for Belfry this year.Just my opinion.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Somerset vs. Mason County out of the East.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Mason may be too much for Belfry this year.Just my opinion.

Not so fast my friends. Is that copyrighted? I know people think you are a homer if you pick your team, but Belfry, IMO, wants Mason and Somerset. Well, they would probably like Pike Central, but that probably isn't going to happen. Mason and Somerset usually do not like physical, quick football teams, so I will take my chances with the Pirates on the road.
im pretty sure that Fleming county is in the playoffs and not West Carter though they are still a good team.
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:im pretty sure that Fleming county is in the playoffs and not West Carter though they are still a good team.
Yep, PCC will play Fleming County. I see this to be a good game. If PCC wins this, I would love to see them keep the train rollin', but I am sure Mason County is pretty good. Out west, it is Centra's to lose. Union County may give them a tussle though.
bucslover68 Wrote:Not so fast my friends. Is that copyrighted? I know people think you are a homer if you pick your team, but Belfry, IMO, wants Mason and Somerset. Well, they would probably like Pike Central, but that probably isn't going to happen. Mason and Somerset usually do not like physical, quick football teams, so I will take my chances with the Pirates on the road.

i second that i hope its at somerset or jackson,i think breahitt could beat somerset they havent really played anybody, and only reason i said those to not because belfry couldnt beat mason,just shorter drive for me for that game,lol
if belfry makes it to semifinals and its thanksgiving week, which i think it is,i will be there good LORD willing..
Webster co - should they lose to Ballard Memorial this Friday - will be in the 3A playoffs with an 0-10 record. Something is askew with the system that structures that.
UCFB Wrote:First Round looks like this:
Region1
Union vs. adair co.

Mclean vs.

Paducah Tilghman vs. Edmonson

Webster vs Russellville

Region 2

Central vs spencer

Shawnee vs north oldham

Elizabethtown vs western hills

Moore vs Henry

Region 3

Somerset vs Powell

Gerrard vs Magoffin

Wayne vs Estill

Taylor vs Breathitt

Region 4

Belfry vs Lewis co

PCC vs west carter

Sheldon Clark Vs Russell

East Ridge Vs Mason co.

So it would seem that the final 4 will be the same as last year:

Union vs central for the west

Belfry vs Breathitt or somerset from the east

this is what i think of your final 4:please: think you will be surprised of who will be in the west
UCFB Wrote:First Round looks like this:
Class 3A Region 1 District 5 & 6
Somerset vs Powell

Gerrard vs Magoffin

Wayne vs Estill

Taylor vs Breathitt

Wouldnt it look more like this? If everything plays out.
Somerset 1 vs Magoffin 4
Breathitt 1 vs Taylor 4
Garrad 2 vs Powell 3
Estill 2 vs Wayne 3
belfry vs cental for 3a title. repeat
Looks like the Bobcats will be heading back to State just think how they have been playing lately,seems as tho few players have gotten a chance to heal up so watch out for the Bobcats,Bowling Green here we come....Go Bobcats!!!
I'd say it will be Mason or Belfry out of the East and Central out of the West
Mason Co. vs Belfry in the championship. Mason co takes it home.
Csportsman11 Wrote:Looks like the Bobcats will be heading back to State just think how they have been playing lately,seems as tho few players have gotten a chance to heal up so watch out for the Bobcats,Bowling Green here we come....Go Bobcats!!!

So defeating Estill County, Powell County, a very narrow win at home over 1A Hazard, and a forfeit victory suddenly makes Breathitt the unanimous favorite from the East? Confusedhh:
baseball23 Wrote:Mason Co. vs Belfry in the championship. Mason co takes it home.

This game would have to be a State-Semi matchup.
irishcard16 Wrote:This game would have to be a State-Semi matchup.

Actually, it would be a regional championship game, third round, if both teams get there. Semis would most likely be, Belfry/Mason versus Breathitt/Somerset winners.
bucslover68 Wrote:Actually, it would be a regional championship game, third round, if both teams get there. Semis would most likely be, Belfry/Mason versus Breathitt/Somerset winners.

You are correct, my bad. It would be played @ Mason Co right?
irishcard16 Wrote:You are correct, my bad. It would be played @ Mason Co right?

Yes that is correct. The only way Belfry plays at home after the first two rounds is if they were to face a lower seed in the regional championship.
I think it'll be Somerset vs. Belfry out of the East. I don't know if Belfry should come into Somerset thinking their physicality will win them the game the way it did in 2007. This Somerset team relies more on their physicality in the run game and on the defensive side of the ball than the last team they saw when they came to Somerset.

I think we are in for some good playoff football in the East this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:I think it'll be Somerset vs. Belfry out of the East. I don't know if Belfry should come into Somerset thinking their physicality will win them the game the way it did in 2007. This Somerset team relies more on their physicality in the run game and on the defensive side of the ball than the last team they saw when they came to Somerset.

I think we are in for some good playoff football in the East this year.

I agree, I think it'll be Belfry and Somerset for semi's and I think Somerset has what it takes to go to state
Central-Belfry in the title game.

with central winning the whole thing.
i think the east is wide open it woudnt surprise me to see, Belfry,mason,sheldon clark, or even russell going to state all these teams can beat each other at anytime.
im not sure that this is the matchups.....but anyways.....breathitt, powell, and estill are all down from last year......taylor, wayne, garrad, and somerset should all have good chances.....i think breathitt will win along with wayne garrad and somerset
Csportsman11 Wrote:Looks like the Bobcats will be heading back to State just think how they have been playing lately,seems as tho few players have gotten a chance to heal up so watch out for the Bobcats,Bowling Green here we come....Go Bobcats!!!

I already made my reservations.
I love Breathitt football as much or more than anyone but we do not need to start overlooking anyone. We have been playing good football lately but we still have a long way to go. I do believe the bobcats have what it takes to get to Bowling Green and bring home a fourth state title but we need to take one game at a time. Good Luck Bobcats!!!:1:
We will.We are ready.Everyone is one the same page now and ready to win.I love everyone overlooking us now.
i agree breathitt is playing together. of course breathitt has a weak district but they cant help that those teams cant play with them. now with these two weeks off before playoffs for them everyone will be healthy and we will sweep the mike holcomb athletic complex field clean with taylor county.
Belfry will be too much for Breathitt if they meet again this year. The Pirates will not have the same letdown this year.
Pages: 1 2 3