Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 36 Louisiana-Monroe 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
Congrats. how the Offense look,
Couldn't find the game on Dish Network!!
was a great game besides the turnovers that fidler had but other than that we found out that Randall Cobb will be the next secretariat
If UK is going to beat Mississippi State, Georgia, and/or Tennessee, the offense needs to be more consistent. Newton looked more uncomfortable than he did last week, but he did make some smart plays, but also looked more and more like a true freshman. Fidler, IMO, looked more impressive and was able to move the ball more and made some nice throws, some on the run. Cobb, again, was the offense and special teams. John Conner had a great game. The defense will need to step it up big in the next few weeks. They gave up too many big passing plays, and towards the end, allowed some big runs. They couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs, and really allowed ULM to control the clock, although they made some stops when they had to. A very ugly win, but a W is a W. They will have a lot to work on next week in practice to get ready for the Bulldogs!
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:was a great game besides the turnovers that fidler had but other than that we found out that Randall Cobb will be the next secretariat
Fidler wasn't the only one with a turnover. The offense as a whole looked horrible in the second half!
UK came out great in the 1st half, but the 2nd half was rough and had ULM been able to capitalize on some turnovers, this game would have been a lot closer.

Some bad news - Micah Johnson went out early in the game with a strained ligament in his knee.
Brooks said in his post-game that they were trying to limit Cobb and Locke's carries to try an keep them healthy.All in all an adequate effort., just needed a win and that's what they got.
The key thing that came out of this game was the "W". They came out early and took care of business, but turned it off way too early. Almost allowed ULM to come back, but they held off. 4-3 going into the MS game is where they wanted to be. They need to build of this.
I was lucky enough to be at this game tonight. After Johnson went out, we looked pretty rough on defense for a while. Cobb is a one man show.

The ticket that my buddy gave me was in the second row on the 38 behind the defensive bench. The camera guy came up to us a couple times, but we never came up on the big screen. Then everyones cell phone around us started ringing, they said we were FSN.
NYY10 Wrote:Congrats. how the Offense look,
Couldn't find the game on Dish Network!!
I don't know what package you have on dish network but I watched it on alternate channel 445. I have the gold 250 package.
i was at the game on the 35 yard line 25rows from the field,the defense has got to quit giving up big plays on 3rd down, thats where ulm yards came from,they have some nice players
^ though I didn't see the game, I would concur about the defense. That has been a problem all season
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I don't know what package you have on dish network but I watched it on alternate channel 445. I have the gold 250 package.

haha up dads, i think he got the cheapest package, so that might be why.
but I no at moms on direct, it was on

Next Sat should be a great game for UK
I personally enjoyed when they had Conner in the single back, at tailback and he got that huge run. I think he is one of the most important pieces UK has this year. Plus I like watchin the big boy go lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:I personally enjoyed when they had Conner in the single back, at tailback and he got that huge run. I think he is one of the most important pieces UK has this year. Plus I like watchin the big boy go lol

I l,ove me some Randall Cobb... but as I said in the thread on ehre ebfore the year John Conner is by far my favorite Cat on this team. Glad to see UK feed the beast last night!
Big win
NYY10 Wrote:haha up dads, i think he got the cheapest package, so that might be why.
but I no at moms on direct, it was on

Next Sat should be a great game for UK

Yeah that's what it is tell him to at least upgrade to the (classic bronze 100+ includes all the fox sports alternates) instead of classic bronze 100.

Classic Bronze 100 is $40

Classic Bronze 100 + is $45
I think UK held back somewhat after we jumped out to the big lead. ULM was'nt even competitive until the second half.We needed to stay healthy for the Mississippi State, Vandy,UGA and UT games. ULM and EKU were a couple of late season cupcakes thrown in to rest us a little between the SEC big dogs.
The Miss. State,Vandy UGA and UT games are winnable to say the least. Tennessee has struggled on offense this season, and things are not going as planned down in Athens,GA either. Can UK "Win Out"? Yes they can, but can we go without another letdown is the question...

9-3 is very possible!
I like our chances of being 8-4.... I don't see us winning in Athens, but anything is possible...
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Yeah that's what it is tell him to at least upgrade to the (classic bronze 100+ includes all the fox sports alternates) instead of classic bronze 100.

Classic Bronze 100 is $40

Classic Bronze 100 + is $45

haha i dunno man.. hes too cheap lol..:biggrin:
My first UK Game EVER! Was Awesome. Cobb Straight Beast. Fans Electrifying. Weather- Cold As Artic Wind. Have some photos ill upload later.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:My first UK Game EVER! Was Awesome. Cobb Straight Beast. Fans Electrifying. Weather- Cold As Artic Wind. Have some photos ill upload later.

how was traffic? Cat Walk?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:My first UK Game EVER! Was Awesome. Cobb Straight Beast. Fans Electrifying. Weather- Cold As Artic Wind. Have some photos ill upload later.

Good to hear Wildcat! Now we need to get you to go to a "big game" and enjoy the whole experience from tailgating on. Then the next step after that is road games.:Thumbs:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:how was traffic? Cat Walk?

Traffic was a breeze since i got there 2 hours early! I missed cat walk! I wasnt for sure where to go!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Good to hear Wildcat! Now we need to get you to go to a "big game" and enjoy the whole experience from tailgating on. Then the next step after that is road games.:Thumbs:

It was just me and my girlfriend and i seen everyone tailgating. Would have loved to have known some more people to enjoy the fun. Maybe next time u guys can treat me to some food and drinks?
Kentucky's pass defense was terrible last night. That ULM freshman completed a lot of passes on 2/3rd & longs. The offense didn't look that much better. Not enough Wildcat IMO. ULM had no answer for it just as Auburn didn't, but we tried to run a pro-style offense and it just come to show that we cannot pass the ball. We couldn't run it that well either. Cobb did his thing yet again. He may need some spinal reconstruction by the end of the season, because he just has to carry this team on his back. Ugly game basically sums it up.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Kentucky's pass defense was terrible last night. That ULM freshman completed a lot of passes on 2/3rd & longs. The offense didn't look that much better. Not enough Wildcat IMO. ULM had no answer for it just as Auburn didn't, but we tried to run a pro-style offense and it just come to show that we cannot pass the ball. We couldn't run it that well either. Cobb did his thing yet again. He may need some spinal reconstruction by the end of the season, because he just has to carry this team on his back. Ugly game basically sums it up.

The score doesnt tell the story thats for sure. I mean so many times are defense held them at the goal line or stopped a fake fieldgoal. There was people behind me telling brooks to quit playing nickel defense and let cobb run the wildcat. What was up with locke last night? was he hurt?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:The score doesnt tell the story thats for sure. I mean so many times are defense held them at the goal line or stopped a fake fieldgoal. There was people behind me telling brooks to quit playing nickel defense and let cobb run the wildcat. What was up with locke last night? was he hurt?

Locke was questionable going into the game with his knee.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Locke was questionable going into the game with his knee.

OK no reason to play him last night. let him heal for state
FWIW,
There was a method to the madness of the lack of the Wildcat and the lack of Locke. Brooks openly said after the game that he was trying to limit their touches to try to make them "less sore" heading into next week's game.
Pages: 1 2