Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4a District 7 / 8 playoffs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think district 8 will be as follows:

Lawrence County has the number 1 position.
Rowan County has the number 2 position.
Boyd County has the number 3 position.
Greenup County has the number 4 position.

So what does district 7 have as their 1-4? I'm only confident on Bell's position and not sure on the other 3. Can someone throw some help on this and the possible matchups?

Thanks.
Bell

Knox

Rock

McCreary
William Muney Wrote:Bell

Knox

Rock

McCreary

So LC should face McCreary at Lawrence County, Rowan County will go against Rockcastle at home, Boyd County will travel to Knox County and Greenup gets to go to log mountain.:Thumbs:
Should be an exciting playoff, maybe a rematch between LC and Rowan or even a late 90's rematch between LC and Rock with the Rock making their first ever trip to the Dawg pound.
Could be interesting. If I'm correct if Rock beats Rowan they have to go to Bell County. We get the winner of the Knox vs Boyd County game if we win the first round.
When and where is the state champion game?
I guess it has been moved to Bowling Green this year. Should be the first weekend of December unless they've changed that also.
So they skip a weekend or what Catdawg?
1st round on 11/6
2nd round on 11/13
3rd round on 11/20
4th round which would be the semi-finals 11/27
5th round (championship) 12/4 and 12/5
Thanks!
CatDawg Wrote:So LC should face McCreary at Lawrence County, Rowan County will go against Rockcastle at home, Boyd County will travel to Knox County and Greenup gets to go to log mountain.:Thumbs:
So what does anyone know about McCreary ? Beside that they have only lost like 3 games. Thats pretty good record for a 4th seed. I am just glad it's at the Dog Pound. I love our field and it has really held up this year still no mud area's any where it reminds me of Bell Co field when we have went there late in the season it's always been brown but still in really good shape. Good Luck Dawgs in the play off's Go make some noise and go deep.:Cheerlead
The only team that they have beaten in 4A is Madison Southern who is 1-8 with their only win coming against Powell County. McCreay lost to Bell County last night 63-0.
CatDawg Wrote:The only team that they have beaten in 4A is Madison Southern who is 1-8 with their only win coming against Powell County. McCreay lost to Bell County last night 63-0.

Good information and here is some more. The only 4-A teams that any team in district 8 have beat are in district 8. and the 4 district 8 4-A teams that LC has beaten have a combined record of 11 wins and 16 loses. McCreary does play in the toughest 4-A district in the state. Lets keep going, we had around 200 total yards with our varsity in 2 1/2 quarters against Bell. Bell gave up the following total yards to other opponents: Marion Co 240, Johnson Central 221, Whitley Co 270, Rockcastle 179, Knox Co 162, and Madison Southern 143. Now how does the 2 schedules compare? LC: 1-1A schools, 1-2A schools, 2-3A schools, 4-4A schools (district schools) and 2 out of state schools(not sure of class or what class in Ky they would fit in). MC: 2-1A schools, 1-2A school, 3-3A schools and 4-4A schools (district schools). Both teams have went through a building process LC doing it this year with a spectacular turn around season and MC doing it over the last 3 or 4 years. Both teams have very good offense's and I would give the defensive edge clearly to LC that and the very long bus ride would have to make LC the clear favorites. With that said I expect a very good game that should be fun to watch. Good luck this week on the perfect season! See you all in a couple of weeks and I can't wait. I have heard the Lawrence County hospitality is very good and I always enjoy meeting new friends and starting new friendships!TongueirateSho
Thanks for all the info.
i]first round wontbe much for bell nor lawrence the 2nd round however will be the one that will be good
Its playoff time in the mountains well in a week