Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boys State Tourney
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you think will win?
St. Xavier or Trinity.
My opinion is that St. X or Trinity will win. Now let me get on the soap box for a second. KHSAA really needs to evaluate how they set up these tournaments. The state of kentucky has two teams on the ESPN FAB 50 list and if they play it will be in the second round. This had basicly been set before the post season even started. I understand that they are trying to keep people close to home for the first few rounds. But during some regional playoff games teams drove long distances as well. They need a central location to start the 1st rounds and then seed teams by records. Shoot I would have taken a blind draw over this. There are 5 top 25 teams on one side of the bracket while on the other there I beleave there is only 2. I know they are good teams because they made it this far. But I just feel like to have the best tourney the best team should be given a chance to play in the finals!
Da_truf Wrote:My opinion is that St. X or Trinity will win. Now let me get on the soap box for a second. KHSAA really needs to evaluate how they set up these tournaments. The state of kentucky has two teams on the ESPN FAB 50 list and if they play it will be in the second round. This had basicly been set before the post season even started. I understand that they are trying to keep people close to home for the first few rounds. But during some regional playoff games teams drove long distances as well. They need a central location to start the 1st rounds and then seed teams by records. Shoot I would have taken a blind draw over this. There are 5 top 25 teams on one side of the bracket while on the other there I beleave there is only 2. I know they are good teams because they made it this far. But I just feel like to have the best tourney the best team should be given a chance to play in the finals!

Danville 3 South Laurel 1
Montgomery Co. 4 Ashland1
St X 3 Elizabethtown 1
Dunbar 2 Franklin Co. 1
Greenwood 3 Henderson Co. 2
Marshall Co. 3 FT Campbell 1
Covington Catholic 1 Scott 0
Trinity 4 South Oldham 0
i miss playing soccer lol.
Sad
South Laurel lost to Danville tonight 4-0.

As a South Laurel fan I wish our community would support our soccer program more. I over heard one of the Danville parents mention that there were more people there tonight than at the last football game. South Laurel has a great program and the parents and family of the players are really faithfull hard core fans. But what about our community. Our foot ball team is 3-6 and people flock to the games. We have a Soccer team that goes to state and is very enjoyable to watch.

It is sad to say that this was the last time that we will see those seniors in a SL uniform. They were a great class and good luck to them all.
Congratulations to South Laurel on a great season.:Thumbs:

The 16th region needs to step it up and advance past the round of 16. I thought that Corbin should have gotten over that hump last year, but just didn't play well enough to get the job done and let it slip through their fingers. It will take more kids playing more club soccer for that to happen though.
I think with 8 teams left St. Xavier will win the championship.
Here is a story on the South Laurel/Danville game.

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/10/27/spo.656029.sto
St. X will most likely win it! With Trinity out I don't think anyone else can beat them!
Well, St. X will beat CC. The the other side I pick Danville. I think they can pull it off. But who knows
St. X vs Greenwood in the finals.

I think X rolls to another state championship
Saint X will roll, but I am glad to see a public school in the finals. Greenwood has a great sports program.
St X wins 4-1
Great job by Coach Gural and the Gators. Tough match up for sure.