Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Calipari unsure about 1 position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On KSR, they linked an article in which Calipari said Miller, Patterson, and Cousins will start, and of course we all already know John Wall will start, so we're only looking for that 5th starter now.
PC_You_Know Wrote:On KSR, they linked an article in which Calipari said Miller, Patterson, and Cousins will start, and of course we all already know John Wall will start, so we're only looking for that 5th starter now.

I'm so excited,
And I just can't hide it,
I'm about to lose control
And I think I like it.
I am assuming that he is looking for a 3rd guard.

My assumption would be that either Dodson or Bledsoe would get that spot. BUT whoever gets the start, I would like to think, would split playing time somewhere around 60/40 with the other
Its going to be crazy! I hope this wall thing turns out well for us
It's either....

PG-Wall
SG-Bledsoe
SF-Miller
PF-Patterson
C-Cousins

OR

PG-Wall
SG-Miller
SF-Dodson/Liggins
PF-Patterson
C-COusins
gish_7 Wrote:It's either....

PG-Wall
SG-Bledsoe
SF-Miller
PF-Patterson
C-Cousins

OR

PG-Wall
SG-Miller
SF-Dodson/Liggins
PF-Patterson
C-COusins

Let me start by saying that you are probably right with these two options.
I like the idea of the first line-up IF Miller can be a consistent 3-point threat. Two PG's on the floor will probably look sloppy for a few games but when Wall/Bledsoe get in a rhythm they can be incredible.

I like the second line-up too because it gives us [in no particular order] Bledsoe, Liggins, Stevenson Harris and Harrelson as the 2nd line (a hockey reference :biggrin: ) I honestly believe that the 2nd line for UK could win 20+ games in a mid-major conference. Our bench is that good. Also, if Liggins starts, I believe that he could make tremendous strides in the Dribble-drive offense.
lwc Wrote:Let me start by saying that you are probably right with these two options.
I like the idea of the first line-up IF Miller can be a consistent 3-point threat. Two PG's on the floor will probably look sloppy for a few games but when Wall/Bledsoe get in a rhythm they can be incredible.

I like the second line-up too because it gives us [in no particular order] Bledsoe, Liggins, Stevenson Harris and Harrelson as the 2nd line (a hockey reference :biggrin: ) I honestly believe that the 2nd line for UK could win 20+ games in a mid-major conference. Our bench is that good. Also, if Liggins starts, I believe that he could make tremendous strides in the Dribble-drive offense.

I dont think this line could win 20 games.....Just My Opinion

Bledsoe, Liggins, Stevenson Harris and Harrelson. Not that good at all.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:I dont think this line could win 20 games.....Just My Opinion

Bledsoe, Liggins, Stevenson Harris and Harrelson. Not that good at all.

I did say mid-major, so we are talking WAC, Ohio Valley, Patriot, etc...
lwc Wrote:I did say mid-major, so we are talking WAC, Ohio Valley, Patriot, etc...

OH, Sorry didnt see that,
Wildcatk23 Wrote:OH, Sorry didnt see that,

It's all cool. If Liggins or Stevenson doesn't become a consistent scorer, they may not win 20 in any conference. I made that claim with the assumption that Liggins blossoms with the new offense.
did anybody notice this last year at big blue madness Harrelson put on a good show hitting 3s doing good down low but was missing during the season it was like a high school freshmen playing in the NBA and the same at this years madness he was going off had a couple 3s made a good few passes so what i am saying is will he show up and play a role in caliparis dribble drive motion offense
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:did anybody notice this last year at big blue madness Harrelson put on a good show hitting 3s doing good down low but was missing during the season it was like a high school freshmen playing in the NBA and the same at this years madness he was going off had a couple 3s made a good few passes so what i am saying is will he show up and play a role in caliparis dribble drive motion offense

He sounds alot like a few good ball players i know. just playing around the house there awesome but when there is some pressure and people is watching they crumble
lwc Wrote:It's all cool. If Liggins or Stevenson doesn't become a consistent scorer, they may not win 20 in any conference. I made that claim with the assumption that Liggins blossoms with the new offense.
IMO Liggins is the most improved player on the team...he's going to surprise a lot of people
gish_7 Wrote:IMO Liggins is the most improved player on the team...he's going to surprise a lot of people

Most Improved? How can u tell? He Was On The Bench All Last Season While A Less skilled Guard Played
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Its going to be crazy! I hope this wall thing turns out well for us

I can't see much coming out of this, but even if it does, it's not likely to be more than the NCAA making Wall refund anything that they can deem he may have received, possibly a 2-3 game ineligibility. If that happens, I feel perfectly comfortable with Bledsoe running the team for a couple of games.
Liggins...really...Surely you can find someone better than him....I say dodson or bledsoe
i agree...liggins will be good. Billy Clyde had major issues with deandre i think we all know, to the point that deandre was leaving if Billy was to return. He is a good basketball player, he fits perfectly into the dribble drive. He can get to the rim and create space for himself..he also has the height that Calipari loves in his gaurds. He will suprise a lot of people this year and be a big part of the team even if its only getting 10 min a game. Harrelson is not that good IMO. A lot of guys can shoot wide open threes all day in a pickup game but when you have D-1 defenses smothering you every day its a whole different ballgame.:Clap:
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Most Improved? How can u tell? He Was On The Bench All Last Season While A Less skilled Guard Played
You make a good point, but did you watch him at madness? This year he has a smile on his face, and has some confidence...something that was stripped from him last year. Everyone around the program says that Liggins is a different player this year.
With all this new talent, at least we've something to get excited about and create, topics of discussion !!! G o W ildcats !!!!
i say Bledsoe gets the Starting position