Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals vs. Bears 10/25
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
1. Finally, the Benson Bowl: It's the game Cedric Benson has had circled (along with Chicago writers) on his calendar since the date was announced in April. Benson had a season-low 44 yards last week in the loss to Texas. He could be ready to atone against the Bears. The previous time Benson struggled this year, which was in the opener against Denver, he responded with 141 yards at Green Bay. Chicago enters the game sixth in rush defense. Defensive tackle Tank Johnson is also facing his former team for the first time, but is not as caught up in it.

2. Offensive weapons: In his first year with the Bears, Jay Cutler has thrown for 1,201 yards with 10 touchdowns and seven interceptions for an 86.9 passer rating. Rookie Johnny Knox leads the NFL with a 33.7 kickoff return average and leads all rookies with four total touchdowns (three receiving). There's also the dangerous Devin Hester and workhorse running back Matt Forte.

3. Getting to the bye week: The Bengals need to regain momentum after playing their worst game against Houston. Taking a look at the post-bye schedule, they would be in pretty good shape if they could win on Sunday and get to the bye at 5-2. If they lose, it makes for a long two weeks and a difficult November with back-to-back games against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.
Benson will get at least 100 yds rushing in this game. Urlacher is out and he will not be able to stop Cincy's run game. Ochocinco will have about 90-120 yds receiving, Caldwell about the same, Coles will have his breakout game, and hopefully Domata Peko will be healthy enough to play. As long as the offense is firing on all cylinders and the defense comes ready to play, Cincy will win.

Cincinnati-31
Chicago-17
^ Nice post
Vince #8 Wrote:Benson will get at least 100 yds rushing in this game. Urlacher is out and he will not be able to stop Cincy's run game. Ochocinco will have about 90-120 yds receiving, Caldwell about the same, Coles will have his breakout game, and hopefully Domata Peko will be healthy enough to play. As long as the offense is firing on all cylinders and the defense comes ready to play, Cincy will win.

Cincinnati-31
Chicago-17

I hope Peko can go as well, although without overlooking "da Bears" I almost would rather see him sit this week and throught the bye week to prepare for the tough Ravens Steelers 1-2 punch we are about to face. I also predict Benson and Ochocinco will both go over 100 yards.
I hope the Bengals can shake off that lost they had last week, I believe they might have dehydrated from the last four games. But hopefully Benson will get his day against the Bears. And remember the last time they played, we might see the riverdance part 2:lmao:
Hoping Cedric Benson runs wild on da bears...

I'll say...

Bengals: 23

Bears 14
Bears by 17
Bears 21 Bengals 14
Should be a good hard fought game, But i dont think the Bengals have the pass defense to stop the Bears.

Bears-24

Bengals-16

another prediction- Cedric Benson doesnt go over 50 yards
Home vs. NFC
The Bengals are 10-2-1 at Paul Brown Stadium in their last 13 against the NFC and are unbeaten in their last three. Take it back a bit further and they are 21-9-1 at home against the NFC since 1993, which would include games at Riverfront Stadium

Bearing down

Since 2005, Chicago has compiled a 43-26 record, which is the second-best record in the NFC during that span. Dallas also has the same record while the Giants lead with a 46-24 record.

• Bengals vs. Bears on Oct. 25: stats, rosters, more

Injury report
Bengals - Out: DE Antwan Odom (achilles), T Andre Smith (foot); Doubtful: S Roy Williams (forearm); Questionable: DT Jonathan Fanene (illness), WR Chris Henry (illness); Probable: TE Daniel Coats (shoulder), DT Tank Johnson (foot), RB Brian Leonard (groin), WR Chad Ochocinco (hip), DT Domata Peko (knee), DE Frostee Rucker (ankle), DT Pat Sims (biceps).

Bears - Out: LB Pisa Tinoisamoa (knee); Doubtful: DT Tommie Harris (knee), RB Adrian Peterson (knee); Probable: S Josh Bullocks (ankle), CB Corey Graham (ankle), LB Hunter Hillenmeyer (rib), DT Israel Idonije (knee), S Kevin Payne (toe).

SERIES HISTORY
This is the ninth meeting which the Bengals lead 5-3. The Bengals won the last meeting between the two teams at Soldier Field 21-7.

In Cincinnati: The Bears lead 2-1 and are 1-0 at Paul Brown Stadium.

Game of note at PBS: In the 2001 game, the Bears won 24-0 as Anthony Thomas ran for 188 yards and Jim Miller was 23 of 30 for 232 yards and

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20091...First+Down
When the Bengals run
In case you haven't heard, Cedric Benson is facing his former team today. He was held to a season-low 44 yards in last week's loss to the Texans but was largely a non-factor in the second half as the Bengals shied away from the run game. After having success running on the perimeter during the first two series, the Texans did a nice job of shutting down the gaps. Even if he struggles early, Benson has proven that he can break out of slumps and get strong as the game goes along. The Bears have one of the top run defenses in the league but could be missing one of their top run stoppers, defensive tackle Tommie Harris (knee). Against Atlanta last week, the Bears held Michael Turner to only 30 yards on 13 carries

When the Bengals pass
Carson Palmer should have time to throw against an inconsistent pass rush, but a concern is that the Bengals struggle against teams that play Cover 2 schemes. The middle of the field and dump off passes to the tight ends should be available, but Dan Coats and J.P. Foschi struggled mightily against the Texans. A matchup to watch should be Chad Ochocinco against Bears corner Charles Tillman. Ochocinco is averaging 15.7 yards per game and had his first 100-yard game since 2007 last week, but Tillman is a physical corner who is second on the Bears in tackles.

• Bengals vs. Bears on Oct. 25: stats, rosters, more

When the Bears run
Matt Forte is struggling in his second season and is averaging only 3.4 yards per game. Cincinnati's front seven has done a nice job all season of stopping the run, but they allowed five yards per carry last week, mostly because of missed tackles and not being to wrap up guys at the line of scrimmage or on a first hit. The run defense should get a boost if tackle Domata Peko (knee) is available to play.

When the Bears pass
Jay Cutler is accurate and isn't afraid to throw it into coverage and let his receivers make the play. They definitely have speed with Devin Hester and Johnny Knox while tight end Greg Olsen can make defenses pay on short and middle routes. The Bengals did an awful job on pass defense last week and lead the league in passes of 20 yards or more given up (25). While cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph and Leon Hall gave up their share of passes last week, the linebackers and safeties must do a lot better, especially rookie Rey Maualuga, who has had a couple breakdowns in coverage.

Special teams
It doesn't get any easier for the Bengals' coverage teams as Hester and Knox are two of the more dangerous returners in the game. Hester has 11 career returns for touchdowns while Knox, a rookie, leads the NFL in kick return average (33.7 yards) with one touchdown. Hester is sixth in punt return average at 12.9. Kevin Huber has done a better job punting to the sideline and giving his gunners enough time to get down there. Quan Cosby is fifth in the league in punt returns (13.1 average) but he hasn't had much of a chance to break a return the past couple weeks.

Tale of the Tape

Bengals Category Bears
4-2 Record 3-2
19.7 (T20) Points for 23.8 (13)
328.8 (17) Total offense 318.8 (19)
113.2 (14) Rush offense 89.8 (27)
215.7 (19) Pass offense 229.0 (16)
19.7 (14) Points allowed 19.8 (T15)
351.7 (19) Total defense 306.2 (13)
96.8 (11) Rush defense 88.4 (6)
254.8 (28) Pass defense 217.8 (T14)
-3 (T21) Turnover differential -1 (T16)
Well the Bengals are picking the bears apart right now. 28-0
Tony_Delk_fan_00 Wrote:Should be a good hard fought game, But i dont think the Bengals have the pass defense to stop the Bears.

Bears-24

Bengals-16

another prediction- Cedric Benson doesnt go over 50 yards

Both of your predictions have turned out wrong...lol.
Benson had almost 50 yards rushing on the FIRST DRIVE.
I think he meant in the first half!
Jshort5 Wrote:Both of your predictions have turned out wrong...lol.
Benson had almost 50 yards rushing on the FIRST DRIVE.

well i cant get it all right lol....i figured the Bears would come out looking alot better but the Bengals have showed up to play...im not a Cincy fan but they should make a run this year for the playoffs especially if they keep playing like they are now.
Are the Bengals this good, or the Bears this bad?
Even without Urlacher, this Bears team has been very solid, I am shocked at what the Bengals offense has been able to accomplish
You would think that Carson has completely dominated the game in comparison to Cutler, but right now Carson has 194 yards passing to Cutlers 183. I would have never geussed this
Benson has a 116 yards rusing, the Bears have 17
Coles has really looked good today, that was a nice out route, too bad for the penalties
Wow, Roland is 6-9 325 lb, that is a big tackle
that was catchable by Henry, that's his aligator arms....
Nice TD from Carson to Chad, Chad has been playing inspried football.

This is domination!!!!
Wow, good lord. This is embarassing if you are a Bears fan. 3 INT's
Benson is seeing the holes wo well. either the O-Line has figured it out, or the Bears front line is playing terrible
Chad was rubbing his hamstring....
Carson is clicking with every one of his receivers
Chad has 10 catches for 118 yards
wow, Carson is 20 of 24....
lol, the Bears secondary is terrible today
Pages: 1 2