Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest Rivals In Your Area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since this is BluegrassRivals, what are some of the rivals in your area!

Paintsville-Johnson Central
Shelby Valley-East Ridge
Pikeville-Pike Central are a few where I'm from....
South Floyd vs Allen Central

BallaBaby

Prestonsburg and Shelby Valley, everyone comes out for that game!
In Basketball, there really isn't one...except for maybe Williamson High School in West Virginia. It's just a few miles down the four-lane from Belfry. They have always been a Basketball School and used to be a huge rivalry. When I was in school, that game would be a sell out for our gym at Belfry which holds about 3000.
Frankfort, franklin co
western hills
Woodford co.
Henry clay-not every year but last couple of years.
When I was in school it was the Pike Central-Pikeville game that always drew a crowd, then if ya threw Shelby Valley in the mix, then ya had a nice little trio of rivalries.
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:When I was in school it was the Pike Central-Pikeville game that always drew a crowd, then if ya threw Shelby Valley in the mix, then ya had a nice little trio of rivalries.
I think that valley/cental has kinda died down since they arn't in the same district anymore but Pikeville/central is still going strong!!!

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:11 pm:

It's official....I wouldn't consider valley/central a rival anymore....I think central only had maybe 20 students there and they all were in the bottom and neither side was yelling for their team.
South Floyd vs. Allen Central
Pikeville vs. Pike Central
Paintsville vs. Johnson Central

Nothin like a close to home rivalry
Shelby Valley and East Ridge seems to be a rival game even though ER has only been a school for a few years.
SFHS & AC when I was in school...that's been a while though
Prestonsburg and Sheldon Clark seems to be starting up a good rivalry. Everytime these two play, there's always alot of emotions shown on the court and the play is so physical. Fun game to watch. I know back in the 90's when P-burg was actually good, P-burg and Paintsville was a heck of a rivalry.
SF vs. AC mostly but I think everyone in the 58th district is a big rival with each other.
Pikeville-Pike Central is definitely one of the biggest around here!
"Beef" Wrote:
"crazytaxidriver" Wrote:When I was in school it was the Pike Central-Pikeville game that always drew a crowd, then if ya threw Shelby Valley in the mix, then ya had a nice little trio of rivalries.
I think that valley/cental has kinda died down since they arn't in the same district anymore but Pikeville/central is still going strong!!!

Posted Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:11 pm:

It's official....I wouldn't consider valley/central a rival anymore....I think central only had maybe 20 students there and they all were in the bottom and neither side was yelling for their team.

20 students? haha that's crazy considering the turnout we used to have. But oh well. The Pikeville/Central rivalry is definately a good rivalry, specially since the schools are probably less than 5 miles apart. Kinda like
paintsville and johnson central.
Yeah...ur right...probably more...but they were all sitting down low...didn't have a student section or any cheering.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:When I was in school it was the Pike Central-Pikeville game that always drew a crowd, then if ya threw Shelby Valley in the mix, then ya had a nice little trio of rivalries.

LOL!!! Im not actually replying to your post....but as I was reading down the list....your avatar( I think that is what they are called LOL) anyway, that horse really grabbed my attention.....LOL!!!!

Cordia-KCC and now Cordia-JBS long tradition of KCC and Cordia at "the jungle"