Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southeast Volleyball Showcase.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Just heard this tonight at the 15th Region Volleyball Tournament, once again, the 15th Region will join with the 13th and the 14th Regions to partipate in the Southeast Volleyball Showcase on Sunday November 8(a tentative date). There will be a 15th Region Junior All-Star Team and a 15th Region Senior All-Star Team. The ballots were sent to each coach in the 15th Region and the coaches will nominate their top three juniors and top three seniors to be considered for the team(s). Also, the coaches will nominate their top players, regardless of their grade, for the All-Southeastern Kentucky 1st, 2nd, and 3rd teams. These players will be chosen as the best players in the 13th, 14th, and 15th Regions based upon their stats. They will not play a match but will be named 1st, 2nd, or 3rd All-Southeastern Kentucky team. The juniors and seniors who make the Junior All-Star Team and the Senior All-Star Team from the 15th Region will play the Junior and Senior All-Star teams from the 13th and 14th Regions. Coach Maynard from Allen Central High School has been asked to coordinate the 15th Region's effort and to coach the All-Stars and he needs some volunteers to help coach.
Out of these Regions, which girls deserve to be on this team or who do you think will make the team? Confusedhh:
Victoria Holcomb for Letcher Co Central!
This process will not be indicative of the top players since stats are controlled by the coaches. There have been reviews of tapes of games and the stats scored did not match anywhere near the coaches' numbers. Coaches also nominate their pet players.
1st Team Young, Daniel, Bryson from Johnson Central
as far as juniors go, Belfry, Allen central and Betsy layne are LOADED with good ones....
da_expert Wrote:as far as juniors go, Belfry, Allen central and Betsy layne are LOADED with good ones....

i agree!
Amy McCoy, Alexis Howard, Taylor Watkins, Audri Ray, Keleigh Wagner, Leigh Williams, Tiffany Burd?, and im sure there are others im leaving out.. but these names are the ones who come to mind.
ukalltheway1 Wrote:i agree!
Amy McCoy, Alexis Howard, Taylor Watkins, Audri Ray, Keleigh Wagner, Leigh Williams, Tiffany Burd?, and im sure there are others im leaving out.. but these names are the ones who come to mind.

yea you left out the top libero in the region Rebekah Potter and just the 15th region player of the year Kelsey Jones both of which are from allen central..... you nailed 80% of it tho
Serving Aces Wrote:This process will not be indicative of the top players since stats are controlled by the coaches. There have been reviews of tapes of games and the stats scored did not match anywhere near the coaches' numbers. Coaches also nominate their pet players.

sad... but this is all completely true
da_expert Wrote:yea you left out the top libero in the region Rebekah Potter and just the 15th region player of the year Kelsey Jones both of which are from allen central..... you nailed 80% of it tho

yeah, I knew I was leaving someone out. and I agree with you, she is definetly the best libero in the 15th region.. I wouldve listed Kelsey jones in my previous post, but I was only listing the top juniors from these schools.
Is the All-tourney team nominations made by team stats as well? How does that process work? Isnt it different than basketball?
Zippidydoodah Wrote:Is the All-tourney team nominations made by team stats as well? How does that process work? Isnt it different than basketball?

i'm not 100% sure on how they get the nominations for the All-Tourney team.. but i believe the coaches in the tournament vote for like the top 4 players from every team but their own, and then the girls from each team with the most votes are on the all-tourney team..
ukalltheway1 Wrote:i'm not 100% sure on how they get the nominations for the All-Tourney team.. but i believe the coaches in the tournament vote for like the top 4 players from every team but their own, and then the girls from each team with the most votes are on the all-tourney team..

thats how it should be, but i believe each coach just put however many players they were allowed on the all tourney team from there OWN team. otherwise the results would have been different than what came about...
Looks like this method would have been hard to do since the teams were separated in different gyms.
like i said before, im not 100% sure on how they do it.. that is just what i had heard. & yes, if it's not done this way, imo.. it should be
Maybe one of the voting coaches could explain how it was done this year since the teams were separated.
How about Ashley Castle from South Floyd for a setter?
pocampo Wrote:How about Ashley Castle from South Floyd for a setter?

In the past this was for seniors.
I think there is a category for underclassmen as well.
Zippidydoodah Wrote:Looks like this method would have been hard to do since the teams were separated in different gyms.

True, but the winning coaches of the first round would name one player on the losing teams (i.e., Belfry chooses the Pikeville player). The four losing teams do not get to nominate any players for the all-tournament team. The break down is, elimination from the tournament the first round, 1 player, elimination from the tournament the second round (semi-finals), two players, the runner-up gets three, and the champion gets four, and the runner-up coach chooses the MVP of the winning team.

During the semi-final round or at the completion of it, each coach (in this case Belfry, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, and Allen Central) chose 4 players from each of the other teams - NOT THEIR OWN. The players with the most votes are named to the All-Tournament Team. The total for the all-tournament team is 15.
pocampo Wrote:How about Ashley Castle from South Floyd for a setter?

This year, as I understand it, there are two teams - a senior team and a junior team. I believe Ashley is a sophomore but she is eligible for the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Team all-southeast Kentucky (10 or 12 for each team from all three regions) but they will not actually play a game.
The way the players get on these teams makes this showcase program a joke. The coaches will control who gets on it, they will do a poor and crooked job of it. We need to let the players vote on whether to keep their coach for next year or not. That would wake up school officials wouldn't it? New coaches are what are needed to keep our mountain regions from getting their collective butts kicked every year in the state tournament. Players here have just as much talent across the board as anywhere else, it is the coaches who lack the talent. This program will showcase how lacking they truly are.
Excellent description! Thanks for posting it.
Serving Aces Wrote:The way the players get on these teams makes this showcase program a joke. The coaches will control who gets on it, they will do a poor and crooked job of it. We need to let the players vote on whether to keep their coach for next year or not. That would wake up school officials wouldn't it? New coaches are what are needed to keep our mountain regions from getting their collective butts kicked every year in the state tournament. Players here have just as much talent across the board as anywhere else, it is the coaches who lack the talent. This program will showcase how lacking they truly are.

so true
Joe Friday Wrote:True, but the winning coaches of the first round would name one player on the losing teams (i.e., Belfry chooses the Pikeville player). The four losing teams do not get to nominate any players for the all-tournament team. The break down is, elimination from the tournament the first round, 1 player, elimination from the tournament the second round (semi-finals), two players, the runner-up gets three, and the champion gets four, and the runner-up coach chooses the MVP of the winning team.

During the semi-final round or at the completion of it, each coach (in this case Belfry, Betsy Layne, East Ridge, and Allen Central) chose 4 players from each of the other teams - NOT THEIR OWN. The players with the most votes are named to the All-Tournament Team. The total for the all-tournament team is 15.

the coaches tell the other coach who they want it to be most of the time... ive seen it done. Im literally a first hand witness.
not to take anything from other deserving positions at all. but DS players don't get the recognition that they deserve.
When will we know who is picked?
DA Expert,

You are commenting on how players are picked at the regional tournament. This is a different selection process and is 100% controlled by the players' own coaches.
Well, it's just like I predicted. Mountain teams get their collective butts kicked again in the big tournament.

This showcase program will showcase what pathetic coaches our teams have since they will pick their pets and favorites to be on these teams and they will get their butts kicked too.
Serving Aces Wrote:Well, it's just like I predicted. Mountain teams get their collective butts kicked again in the big tournament.

This showcase program will showcase what pathetic coaches our teams have since they will pick their pets and favorites to be on these teams and they will get their butts kicked too.

"Oh", cried Chicken Little, "the sky is falling."

Cheer up, already !
Pages: 1 2 3 4