Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-Season 58th District Predictions and Thoughts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
uhavenoidea Wrote:Maybe I'm fanish or foolish, to quote sportsnation. Or both.

Nothing against P-Burg, Jack Pack or Michael Burchett.

But, I just don't see how they are gonna be that tough this year. Consensus #1 pre-season pick in the district basically. Ive talked to a few and they seem to think P-burg will go unbeaten in conf. and most on here think 5-1 or 4-2...

Am I thinking too much or what?

They did lose 4 starters and 5 seniors (Jody Tackett, Stephen Patrick, Austin Gearheart, Alex Stumbo, and Seth Setser (not sure if he played)

I just want to know how and why. Not downing the Blackcats, just can't seem to grasp ahold.

Maybe you are just a diehard fan from your school and can't see the good in others. Maybe you have someone else in mind and just not ready to say his name. Either way you are starting to sound like a broken record.
Colonels Fan Wrote:Maybe you are just a diehard fan from your school and can't see the good in others. Maybe you have someone else in mind and just not ready to say his name. Either way you are starting to sound like a broken record.

Just because I'm from a certain school, means I have to agree with everyone and I can't see the good in others?

P-burg is the champs in the district until someone else wins. I just don't see them winning this year, I don't see them being one of the top 2 seeds.

They have Burchett, who is talented in both Football and Basketball. But he, is not good enough to win this district on his own. Although, he is a nice player.

Jack Pack is one of the better coaches around IMO, but coaching is like poker, sometimes you hold all high cards or Aces and sometimes you have an Ace with a bunch of 5's. And yes, opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one. Just figured I'd beat you to the punch.

I do have someone else in mind, but there is no rule stating I have to reveal anything.

Im starting to sound like a broken record, because I don't think P-burg will win or Burchett will be the best player this year?

P-burg is the champs, until dethroned. And Burchett is the Pre-Season district Player of the year, until dethroned as well.

And IMO, both will be dethroned.
the 58th is so weak. But then again so is the region. SV is the only team that has legit players at every position. Some all district palyers in the 58th wouldnt even get off the bench for them. That being said, I'm a 58th fan. Betsy Layne wont lose a game in the district this year, South floyd is supposed to make noise but wont because...well its south floyd. AC is in shambles theres no aruging that. And id say pbrug will come in second because of Burchett alone.
uhavenoidea Wrote:Just because I'm from a certain school, means I have to agree with everyone and I can't see the good in others?

P-burg is the champs in the district until someone else wins. I just don't see them winning this year, I don't see them being one of the top 2 seeds.

They have Burchett, who is talented in both Football and Basketball. But he, is not good enough to win this district on his own. Although, he is a nice player.

Jack Pack is one of the better coaches around IMO, but coaching is like poker, sometimes you hold all high cards or Aces and sometimes you have an Ace with a bunch of 5's. And yes, opinions are like ***holes, everyone's got one. Just figured I'd beat you to the punch.

I do have someone else in mind, but there is no rule stating I have to reveal anything.

Im starting to sound like a broken record, because I don't think P-burg will win or Burchett will be the best player this year?

P-burg is the champs, until dethroned. And Burchett is the Pre-Season district Player of the year, until dethroned as well.

And IMO, both will be dethroned.

We can stand and talk all day about each other's O. Guess we will all see the results sometime early March. I wish the best to all schools and players for the season.
da_expert Wrote:the 58th is so weak. But then again so is the region. SV is the only team that has legit players at every position. Some all district palyers in the 58th wouldnt even get off the bench for them. That being said, I'm a 58th fan. Betsy Layne wont lose a game in the district this year, South floyd is supposed to make noise but wont because...well its south floyd. AC is in shambles theres no aruging that. And id say pbrug will come in second because of Burchett alone.

Coming from a BL 58th fan, your words are, well just words. I can remember when South Floyd made a lot of noise because, in your words...well its "South Floyd". BL with not 1 district game lost?? You are really putting some pressure on your Bobcats. But then March madness is always filled with fans eating Crow. :lmao:
Colonels Fan Wrote:Coming from a BL 58th fan, your words are, well just words. I can remember when South Floyd made a lot of noise because, in your words...well its "South Floyd". BL with not 1 district game lost?? You are really putting some pressure on your Bobcats. But then March madness is always filled with fans eating Crow. :lmao:

yea south floyd is nortorious for underachieving.... but at any rate.... its not the BL is good, its just everyone else is so down. I mean put south floyds GOOD teams with Rusty and Michael and those guys back in the day against this years team. Would be ugly
When was the last time Betsy Layne won district?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When was the last time Betsy Layne won district?

has it been that long ago? WOW....The BOBCATS 09-10 District Champs sounds good doesn't it....:Clap:
blackcatalum Wrote:when was the last time betsy layne won district?

Would love to have guys like Michael and Rusty on every school's team every year. Then we would go back to having packed gyms with every ballgame. Now most teams are lucky if they get all the parents to come watch. BB has been on a down hill roll for the last few years for the 58th.
Colonels Fan Wrote:Would love to have guys like Michael and Rusty on every school's team every year. Then we would go back to having packed gyms with every ballgame. Now most teams are lucky if they get all the parents to come watch. BB has been on a down hill roll for the last few years for the 58th.

so true
Colonels Fan Wrote:Would love to have guys like Michael and Rusty on every school's team every year. Then we would go back to having packed gyms with every ballgame. Now most teams are lucky if they get all the parents to come watch. BB has been on a down hill roll for the last few years for the 58th.

Ain't that the truth.... Its sad how bad its fallen off with the fans.... Hopefully they will start getting more fans to come out.... At SF its the same with Basketball and Football.....

I think South Floyd will surprise some people this year, if the play some TEAM ball.....
da_expert Wrote:yea south floyd is nortorious for underachieving.... but at any rate.... its not the BL is good, its just everyone else is so down. I mean put south floyds GOOD teams with Rusty and Michael and those guys back in the day against this years team. Would be ugly

Hold on man don't down our boys (BLHS). This team has alot of talent there a good team. So by what ur saying there going beat each team by 20 or more and win the district ( only because the district is down ) hahaha...All these kids on this team have parents that are alum of Betsy Layne and we're proud of them and what they are about to do this year in the many years to come...:argue:
BlackcatAlum Wrote:When was the last time Betsy Layne won district?

The Harold boys one the district 92...some good stuff there...
All the teams in our district have their ups and downs, it's just the way it goes , for a team in our district to get their just due , win the district , and , then make some noise in the regional tourny. , don't talk about it boys get it done on the court, good luck to all the Floyd County schools !!!!!!! GO BOBCATS !!!!!!
Pages: 1 2