Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Texans 28 - Bengals 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Houston came into Cincy and flot out kicked the Cats tails. Schaub dominated the Bengals with 392 yards passing, 135 to Andre Johnson
CINCINNATI BENGALS
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
C. Palmer 23 35 259 1
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
C. Benson 16 44 2.8 1
C. Palmer 1 2 2 0
Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
C. Ochocinco 5 103 20.6 0
A. Caldwell 6 57 9.5 0
HOUSTON TEXANS
Passing Cmp Att Yds TDs
M. Schaub 28 40 392 4
Rushing Car Yds Avg TDs
C. Brown 9 45 5 0
S. Slaton 19 43 2.3 0
Receiving Rec Yds Avg TDs
A. Johnson 8 135 16.9 0
This hurts my soul.
I knew they wouldn't stay lucky for ever.
CardinalAlum Wrote:I knew they wouldn't stay lucky for ever.

Don't think it's luck. We executed in crunch time the last 4 weeks, and the effort and execution was never there for them today.
Jshort5 Wrote:Don't think it's luck. We executed in crunch time the last 4 weeks, and the effort and execution was never there for them today.

Great post, I agree completely
Stardust Wrote:Great post, I agree completely

Thanks. I think we'll definitely drop out of the Top 10 in the power rankings, although I don't believe that we should be as high as 6 at this point anyways. Bronco's are ranked #5 as well. Honestly, I think we could win the North this year, but we're gonna have to grind it out, and hopefully Peko and Odom will be back 100% next week. Those two are the staples of our D-line and both were hurt in the first half, Odom had already blocked a FG on the Texans' first drive and had pressured Schaub on one of his throws on their opening drive. But as far as bright spots, Carson finally aired it out to Chad, Punter Kevin Huber boomed 3 or 4 kicks and Carson showed again that he is one of the best QB's in the league when he's on the move, even though he isn't rolling out that much. Low spots were our O-line getting DUMB, DRIVE-KILLING penalties, I can't remember which drive it was but we had back-to-back holds, so we had like 2nd and 25. This coming after not having any penalties against the Ravens', showing lack of focus, effort, and concentration. Our Pass D was horrid today as well, and once again, Peko and Odom being out didn't help the pass rush at all, even though Fanene came in and got a sack. But we'll just have to wait and see what this week holds for us. Hopefully we'll come out fired up to play Da Bears and and we'll show everyone that we are for real this year.

Now I will get off my box. What is everyone elses thoughts on todays game?
To me, it was as simple as the penalties from the first quarter. The first two drives, the Bengals were in a groove, only to end their drives miserably die to penalties. They have to clean up the mistakes that the O-Line has made in order to progress towards a playoff team
my team won....alright Texans....keep it up....
I though the bengals was gonna make a last second push, but that fumble kill them at the end!
NYY10 Wrote:I though the bengals was gonna make a last second push, but that fumble kill them at the end!

You are so right. The Bengals acutally made a run, but another mistake just killed the Cats
Jshort5 Wrote:Don't think it's luck. We executed in crunch time the last 4 weeks, and the effort and execution was never there for them today.

The ravens game was some crap, they almost blew it against the packers but lucked out with a penalty running the last 15 seconds out.
Houston is really a beast team this year.

Can't wait to see them duke it out with Indy.
The Bengals will be fine.
I was at the game Sunday and wat aelse can you say oher than disappointing. Not only did our o-line kill us in the first half but how awful was our defense? Shaub went wild on us and there was nothing we could do about it. We couldnt tackle slaton on the screen/swing pass. Odom is probably out for the year, it says on bengals.com that he tore his achilles. IMO, Daniel Coats should never see the field again along with Faschi. It was a good no challenge on the fumble at the end but Marvn shouldve challenged earlier in the game when Coles fumbled.
I guess the pact with lucifer finally expired LOL!!!
Preseason Depth chart for Tight End

1. Reggie Kelly
2. Ben Utecht
4. Matt Sherry

All three out with injury. No wonder we have been miserable at that position this year.
Chase Coffman has to be better than Coats or Faschi. I think its about time to give him a chance.
Great game. Texans has a very good team. Plus I'm glad to see the Bengals lose.
Bengals finally lose...They can't get lucky every week
I blame myself for this last loss. I was sick and fell asleep towards the first of the game. After going back and watching it, I just wonder if our defense ever went out on the field. Benson held to 44 yards?
Losing Odom is a killer and we are still weak in the tight end department for sure. The good news seems to be that Peko has nothing torn, but still may miss next week against the bears.
^ lol