Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rockcastle County @ Southwestern 10/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who will win
This should be a good one. Southwestern is a Good football team. I can see this one going ethier way. Im going to say Rock 27 SW 21.
The Rock
I don't know much about SW Pulaski but they only scored 6 points against Pulaski County. That is not good. Also though, they held Pulaski County to 16.

Being SW's senior night, that doesn't help the Rockets chances.

I am calling this game a toss up, 27-14 Rockcastle.
The Rock will roll
Southwestern is gonna be pumped, its their senior night! And they're a pretty good team. Personally i think they're a much better team than Rockcastle.
Southwestern wins big!
SW-42
RC-24
lwc Wrote:I don't know much about SW Pulaski but they only scored 6 points against Pulaski County. That is not good. Also though, they held Pulaski County to 16.

Being SW's senior night, that doesn't help the Rockets chances.

I am calling this game a toss up, 27-14 Rockcastle.

Pulaski County seems to play on the other teams Leval, they will play a bad team and lose, and when they play a really good team they ethier win or lose in a close one. they just played up to southwestern leval. i think if they played the game again SW would win. it was just PC night.

Quote:Southwestern is gonna be pumped, its their senior night! And they're a pretty good team. Personally i think they're a much better team than Rockcastle.
Southwestern wins big!
SW-42
RC-24

True. but Rock will be pumped because they have to win this one to be able to have a wining regular season. this Rockcastle Team is 4-4. Rock has lost two games they fill like they should have won and be 6-2. they let the PC game slip away after being up by 3 tds and they lost to Knox Central in OT by 1. They only game that rock has been domanted in is #2 Bell and #1 Boyle. The Boyle game Rock made in intersting they was leading 7-0 at the end of the first. it was 28-15 at hafetime. #2 Rees took off in the 3rd and the final was 42-22. what im trying to get across is rock is better then what the record shows. I do think Southwestern can win this game but i dont think they will win big. it will be close.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Pulaski County seems to play on the other teams Leval, they will play a bad team and lose, and when they play a really good team they ethier win or lose in a close one. they just played up to southwestern leval. i think if they played the game again SW would win. it was just PC night.

True. but Rock will be pumped because they have to win this one to be able to have a wining regular season. this Rockcastle Team is 4-4. Rock has lost two games they fill like they should have won and be 6-2. they let the PC game slip away after being up by 3 tds and they lost to Knox Central in OT by 1. They only game that rock has been domanted in is #2 Bell and #1 Boyle. The Boyle game Rock made in intersting they was leading 7-0 at the end of the first. it was 28-15 at hafetime. #2 Rees took off in the 3rd and the final was 42-22. what im trying to get across is rock is better then what the record shows. I do think Southwestern can win this game but i dont think they will win big. it will be close.

Same thing with Southwestern, people don't realize how good they are either!
leecoukfan Wrote:Same thing with Southwestern, people don't realize how good they are either!

I will agree southwestern is a good team.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I will agree southwestern is a good team.

Thank you! I think that the game against Pulaski County has mislead alot of people.
leecoukfan Wrote:Thank you! I think that the game against Pulaski County has mislead alot of people.

Yea If they played again Southwestern would win.
Yes i totally agree!
Does any one know How many senoirs Southwestern has
I believe they have 16 seniors.
I am usually a big fan of playing up Rock's opponents but not in this game. SW Pulaski has gotten a lot of Rock fans spooked.

Keep in mind that their record is 6-3 and have only lost two games to Kentucky teams.

This is the same SW Pulaski that only beat winless (at the time) Mercer County by 12 AT HOME, and allowed the Mighy Danville Admirals to score more points on them than Danville has scored on ANYONE (in a loss)

With that said I want to add that I am not intending to disrespect SW Pulaski but I am wanting to point out to Rock fans that might be reading this that they are not the same team that brought Lee Renfro into Mt. Vernon and blew Rock away. This is a team that is to be respected but not to be feared
lwc Wrote:I am usually a big fan of playing up Rock's opponents but not in this game. SW Pulaski has gotten a lot of Rock fans spooked.

Keep in mind that their record is 6-3 and have only lost two games to Kentucky teams.

This is the same SW Pulaski that only beat winless (at the time) Mercer County by 12 AT HOME, and allowed the Mighy Danville Admirals to score more points on them than Danville has scored on ANYONE (in a loss)

With that said I want to add that I am not intending to disrespect SW Pulaski but I am wanting to point out to Rock fans that might be reading this that they are not the same team that brought Lee Renfro into Mt. Vernon and blew Rock away. This is a team that is to be respected but not to be feared

I do not fear any one! But I Respect all. I do not think this Team is a Boyle or Bell by no means. I think these two teams Match pretty much the same. This Team was #7 in the Mountains last week but will more than likley drop after mondays ranking come out. These two have played a couple of the same teams. Rock lost to PC by 6 Southwestern Lost to them by 10. Southwestern Beat Lincoln by 29, Rock Beat Lincoln by 28. I say who ever wins. it will be less the a TD
Since its at Southwestern I'm going to have to take the Warriors. Should be a good hard hitting football game, wish I could go check it out but I'll be with the Jumpers in Jackson Co.
Good luck to both teams.

PSW-20
Rock-14
Rockcastle County's starting Quarterback Dustin Bishop is surely amassing into the Rock's record books for 3,000 yards passing in a career, right now the numbers read this under just passing:

206 completions of 416 attempts for 2,701 passing yards, 33 touchdown passes and 31 pass interceptions.

Season stats: 2006-2009 (present)

2006: 1 out of 1 for 56 yards and 1 touchdown pass
2007: 73 out of 145 for 915 yards, 7 touchdown passes and 9 interceptions
2008: 78 out of 158 for 950 yards, 16 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions
2009: 54 out of 110 for 780 yards, 10 touchdown passes and 9 interceptions

this is a really smart good kid overall, He was a good freshman along with Cole Abney, Jamie Todd and Matt Bullens during my senior year which was 2006. The other bunch developed maturity better than any other class that I've seen.
Some scores from 1998. I know they have played some before then. maybe 3wishes or somebody could help me out here.

1998 Rock 28 SW 0
1999 Rock 13 SW 42
2000 Rock 43 SW 0
2003 Rock 14 SW 0
2004 Rock 0 SW 48
2007 Rock 35 SW 21

Teams Did Not play in 01,02,05,06,08
rocket01 Wrote:Rockcastle County's starting Quarterback Dustin Bishop is surely amassing into the Rock's record books for 3,000 yards passing in a career, right now the numbers read this under just passing:

206 completions of 416 attempts for 2,701 passing yards, 33 touchdown passes and 31 pass interceptions.

Season stats: 2006-2009 (present)

2006: 1 out of 1 for 56 yards and 1 touchdown pass
2007: 73 out of 145 for 915 yards, 7 touchdown passes and 9 interceptions
2008: 78 out of 158 for 950 yards, 16 touchdown passes and 12 interceptions
2009: 54 out of 110 for 780 yards, 10 touchdown passes and 9 interceptions

this is a really smart good kid overall, He was a good freshman along with Cole Abney, Jamie Todd and Matt Bullens during my senior year which was 2006. The other bunch developed maturity better than any other class that I've seen.

Pretty good for a QB on a Running team. Bishop is good in good conditions. he dont seem to do so well when it gets a little wet.
Ill go with the rockets
sore will be lets see
Rockcastle-35
SWP-27
This will be a real battle of wills! I am giving the slight edge to Rockastle. I think they will want this game more.
I am still going with SW on Senior night!!
Here are some of both Teams Key player comparisons
Southwesten has played 9 games
Rockcastle has played 8 games

QB states
SW Zack Turpin 74 Pass attempts, 26 Completions, 8 Interceptions, 544 passing yards and 5 Tds

Rock Dustin Bishop has 110 pass attempts, 54 completions, 9 Interceptions, 780 passing yards and 10 passing Td’s

Rushing Yards
SW Taylor Mote 1031 rushing Yards and 14 rushing Td’s

Rock Clark Rowe 1476 Rushing Yards and 17 Rushing Td’s

Defensive Leaders
SW Zack Fowler Leads the team with Tackles with 77

Rock Matt Bullens Leads the team in Tackles with 51
Im going to go with Sw.28 and Rock.21
a little over 24 hours till kick off
Southwestern in a close one.
Rock-28
southwestern-27
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:Rock-28
southwestern-27

Come on BBBF, Rock fans hearts may not be able to live through another close game...but I will take the win Smile
This one will certainly be exciting for both teams, Southwestern Head Coach Dale Anderson's wife works at Somerset Community College where I go at and she was saying something about him being in the hospital or something over his ligament you know. My prayers go out to the Anderson family and good luck to both teams tonight.
Pages: 1 2