Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Henry County @ Spencer County 10/23
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Henry County all ready secured the District championship but will they overlook spencer co? any thoughts on this one?
Spencer embarrassed Henry Co last year.
I say the Wildcats return the favor.
Henry 34 Spencer 7
Very true Old Henry Man spencer destroyed Henry County last year!..
i believe Henry will come out firing on all cylanders come friday night in taylorsville!..coach engstrand and company will remind there boys about last years lost!
good luck to both teams. but in this one im taking Henry County on account of there tough nosed defense led by all-state linebacker erick butler along with a improving secondary and a athletic defensive line!..Coach Ledford has these boys right..as far as iv seen!
Grinders.inc542 Wrote:Very true Old Henry Man spencer destroyed Henry County last year!..
i believe Henry will come out firing on all cylanders come friday night in taylorsville!..coach engstrand and company will remind there boys about last years lost!
good luck to both teams. but in this one im taking Henry County on account of there tough nosed defense led by all-state linebacker erick butler along with a improving secondary and a athletic defensive line!..Coach Ledford has these boys right..as far as iv seen!
Also you cant forget about henry countys offense becuase while the defense is making the stops these boys are putting up the points on the scoreboard!..we will see who wants it more coming friday as spencers very BIG in stature defensive line comes with that of henrys look for the senior leadership of starting guard #54 Chris Price rallying his troops like engstrand says he does of this young man who engstrand calls a D1 prospect.. be able to open up the holes for henry countys backs Baldwin timberlake and johnson and give the protection for junior quarterback luke magness!
The Bears bounce back in a close one.....

Spencer County 21
Henry County 14
HC by 4TDs
i believe spencer county is to one-dementional to beat henry county thats why north was able to shut spencer out and get the gooseegg...becuase no offense to spencers rico smith its just hes not a quarterback and he cant throw so they rely on cameron smith #12 to do all the running and the big hawg mollies up front are just to out of shape....i say henry but as much as they want...but it depends on which henry county squad shows up!..but ima take hc by 3 tds....GO CATS
Errico Smith was moved back to RB in the game vs North Oldham. He fumbled twice and the new QB threw three interceptions.

I would say 5 turnovers in a game isn't healthy.

Like I said, the Bears get it right this week versus our friends from over in New Castle.

SCHS in a close one....
Henry will win this one easily on the road.
actually spencer turned it over 7 times against north,i too was at the game and from where i was sitting the bears came out flat and quit.blame it on the rain,mud,cold weather,or fill in the blank....but the bears quit.they acted like the wanted to be inside where it was warm and dry.its a shame what started out as a promising season has ended up badly for spencer.their playoff fate has been determined and looks as though they will be traveling to the winner of shawnee-vs-central.spencer cant beat either.as far as this friday i will take henry by miles.spencer ran it down their throat last year and i look for henry to return the favor.henry 34 spencer 13
GoBlueSC Wrote:actually spencer turned it over 7 times against north,i too was at the game and from where i was sitting the bears came out flat and quit.blame it on the rain,mud,cold weather,or fill in the blank....but the bears quit.they acted like the wanted to be inside where it was warm and dry.its a shame what started out as a promising season has ended up badly for spencer.their playoff fate has been determined and looks as though they will be traveling to the winner of shawnee-vs-central.spencer cant beat either.as far as this friday i will take henry by miles.spencer ran it down their throat last year and i look for henry to return the favor.henry 34 spencer 13

nice post:Thumbs: its gonna be a battle Henry Countys Defense Vs Spencers Countys ground game ima take Henry again in this one
I will admit to being a little disappointed with how things have played out. We started out the season with some real heartbreaking (and very close) losses. Add in a couple of "coulda/shoulda" 4th quarter losses to Montomery County and West Jessamine (I believe?) and it added up.

I was not at the game Friday night in Goshen. I was very surprised to see the score. I won't say that any of those guys "quit", simply because I know most of them. Last week was our school's fall break. Not looking for excuses here, but I'm sure the odd practice schedule couldn't have helped preparations for a sloppy game. At the same time, give credit to North Oldham for making plays on the same sloppy field.

I will say that this team is predominantly Juniors still. Cameron Smith is a Senior, but most of the O-line and skill guys are 11th graders.

I think they will want to get this bad taste out of their mouths. Seems like everytime we play Henry County (in any sport) both side enjoy playing one another.

I think playing at home, and in light of recent events, Spencer gets back on track.
never said the players were quitters but...in this case at this game they threw in the towel.you said you were not at the game,so how can you judge? i too know these kids,one of them is mine,not taking any shots at the kids or the coaches,they are just that..kids.this season has been a season of what ifs.you take the close loss to etown make it a win,same for montgomery co.,throw in the horrible call last week at hills and this team could easily be 6-2 or 5-3 at worst and playin for at least a share of the district.spencer may very well bounce back this week,i hope they do.but FF4 the fall break was last week but the practice schedule stayed the same just so you know.the season isnt over yet,GO BEARS!!!
Spencer County will take this one at home in a squeaker.
GoBlueSC Wrote:actually spencer turned it over 7 times against north,i too was at the game and from where i was sitting the bears came out flat and quit.blame it on the rain,mud,cold weather,or fill in the blank....but the bears quit.they acted like the wanted to be inside where it was warm and dry.its a shame what started out as a promising season has ended up badly for spencer.their playoff fate has been determined and looks as though they will be traveling to the winner of shawnee-vs-central.spencer cant beat either.as far as this friday i will take henry by miles.spencer ran it down their throat last year and i look for henry to return the favor.henry 34 spencer 13

Kind of weird to be arguing with a person from Spencer County about Spencer County, but oh well?

I was not at the game, no. I do know, from talking with several of the players, that Errico fumbled twice and Morgan threw the 3 INTs (which was also reported in Saturday's Courier-Journal. You saying it was 7 turnovers is news to me). I was saying that those things didn't help. I said that to the fellow who said SCHS was "one dimensional" and that Errico didn't fit at QB.

As for your comments that I quoted above, I took it (and I believe most other people who read it) would read it to say that you thought the players "came out flat" and that they "quit". Your most recent post said you didn't say they were "quitters"? Without splitting hairs here, I will just let you explain the difference?

Bottom line, this season started off with an exciting win over East Jessamine, close loss to E-town that came down to a 4th down stop, wins over Frankfort & Bethlehem, a couple of let-down losses, and some discouraging calls vs Western Hills. We agree on that.

I am saying, I know most of the kids on this team too. They are a good bunch. A hard working bunch. They will get this thing figured out, hopefully put that effort on the field this week, and finish strong. They are mostly Juniors and I feel like that bodes well for the immediate future in Taylorsville.
Im not nor am I tryin to argue with anyone,regardless of affiliation.I simply stated what I saw firsthand and what my thoughts were on it.I feel like these kids quit in the second half of this game.Ex..sloppy tackling,heads hanging after each play,not running through the whistle,couldnt get proper personel on field,silly personal fouls,walking on and off the field,careless fumbles...etc.I would go on but these are just a few examples of what I think quitting in this game means.Now to be a quitter would be to quit the team,not come to practice on Monday and stay home.I will let you figure out the difference between the two,I would think your smart enough to do that.

As for the turnovers...simple math.
Erico Smith fumbles twice...2
Cameron Smith fumbles twice..2
Morgan Brown throws 3 ints...3

I would also agree that Spencer is too one dimensional,I am assuming thats why the coaches felt the need to make the switch at QB.Hopefully this week it will be dry and and we can all see some benefits from that move.Tough to throw in conditions like this past Friday night.Just my opinion but you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers,especially the CJ and Spencer Magnet.
Sounds like there are problems in Taylorsville.
I know Henry went through problems late in the year, last year. Injuries was the main problem, though.
thats alot of the problem in taylorsville.the o-line is out of position every week due to injuries.it would be nice to get everybody back 100% and see what they can do.who knows it may get crazy,spencer could very likely beat henry then anderson and the the snowball could just get out of control.they have talent and a great core group of kids.the coaches do a good job and I would love to see this team get on a roll and the county get behind them...oldman henry will you be at the game friday night?
Old Henry Man Wrote:Sounds like there are problems in Taylorsville.
I know Henry went through problems late in the year, last year. Injuries was the main problem, though.

No problems in T'ville. Just a couple of games that things haven't gone our way in.
GoBlueSC Wrote:Im not nor am I tryin to argue with anyone,regardless of affiliation.I simply stated what I saw firsthand and what my thoughts were on it.I feel like these kids quit in the second half of this game.Ex..sloppy tackling,heads hanging after each play,not running through the whistle,couldnt get proper personel on field,silly personal fouls,walking on and off the field,careless fumbles...etc.I would go on but these are just a few examples of what I think quitting in this game means.Now to be a quitter would be to quit the team,not come to practice on Monday and stay home.I will let you figure out the difference between the two,I would think your smart enough to do that.

I would also agree that Spencer is too one dimensional,I am assuming thats why the coaches felt the need to make the switch at QB.Hopefully this week it will be dry and and we can all see some benefits from that move.Tough to throw in conditions like this past Friday night.Just my opinion but you shouldn't believe everything you read in the papers,especially the CJ and Spencer Magnet.

You left out the part about the opening kickoff getting run back. You don't have an opinion on that too?

As for your assertion that last week being fall break and that not causing problems, they may have practiced at the same time, but who's to say none of the kids missed? It was after all - FALL BREAK. Add in not being on a normal routine, going to school, classes, weights, etc. and I can see where that would be a distraction. Not looking for an excuse here, but other than the turnovers, how in the world can you explain losing 28-0 in a district game when all of the other losses were fairly close (and several decided in the final minutes of the fourth quarter)???

You can say what you want about your own kid (who you say is on the team), but regardless of what you may think, my opinion is that team doesn't have any QUIT in them at all. I know those kids too well. Not saying they couldn't miss a tackle, not saying they couldn't get down about a loss, but to label them as "quitting" to me is disrespect. Again, that is my opinion and I have the time invested in them to say that.
GoBlueSC Wrote:thats alot of the problem in taylorsville.the o-line is out of position every week due to injuries.it would be nice to get everybody back 100% and see what they can do.who knows it may get crazy,spencer could very likely beat henry then anderson and the the snowball could just get out of control.they have talent and a great core group of kids.the coaches do a good job and I would love to see this team get on a roll and the county get behind them...oldman henry will you be at the game friday night?

I may be there, I need to see if the wife has anything planned. Spencer is very capable of beating Henry Co. I picked Spencer County to win the District. I agree with you, 1 good win, and everything seems to come together. Henry got manhandled by Anderson and gave away a game against Owenboro Cath, but everything came together aganist North. Injuries do play alot in every game, just ask the kids from Henry about last year. At schools the size of Spencer and Henry, a couple of key players missing changes everything.
GoBlueSC Wrote:Im not nor am I tryin to argue with anyone,regardless of affiliation.I simply stated what I saw firsthand and what my thoughts were on it.I feel like these kids quit in the second half of this game.Ex..sloppy tackling,heads hanging after each play,not running through the whistle,couldnt get proper personel on field,silly personal fouls,walking on and off the field,careless fumbles...etc.I would go on but these are just a few examples of what I think quitting in this game means.Now to be a quitter would be to quit the team,not come to practice on Monday and stay home.I will let you figure out the difference between the two,I would think your smart enough to do that.

As for your "simple math", from looking at the box score (which is turned into the KHSAA and is official) in the Courier, it lists Spencer County as having fumbled twice and losing both. In the article is says "North Oldham held the Bears to 176 yards with the help of five takeaways - three interceptions and two fumbles". Says Spencer threw the ball 2-8 and North threw it 0-3 with 1 INT.

FYI, the Magnet comes out this Wednesday. If you live out here wouldn't you know that?

Now, you say Cameron fumbled twice? Why wouldn't that be reported?

Here is a link to the box score - http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...uihhwmo%3D
you think the kids didnt quit...fine so be it.no disrespect to anyone intended.im sure the fall break was a distraction,but i for one dont look for excuses.i would hate to say the spencer lost because of fall break.that sounds childish and very lame.as for the kick off,sure i have an opinion.the kid evans from north caught the ball,made a few ppl miss and went straight up the field untouched.nice play on that kids part.thats the first td spencer has given up all year on kick off,so i tip my hat to evans and tell spencer to shake it off and move on.do you agree?

yes i do live in spencer and no i do not buy or read the magnet.the editor uses the paper for her own agenda and tries to push it off on everyone who reads it.but thats another topic all together and not suited for discussion on here.

hope to see you oldman henry at the game.
also about the box score on the courier,i dont report nor do i know who does.fact is cameron fumbled twice and lost both.one specifically coming on the first possession of the 2nd half.spencer ran 29 and erico pancaked the corner to free cameron and he was caught from behind and fumbled at the north 10 yard line.the second coming on a snap on a punt.ball hits him in the hands and he fumbles it as he tries to run for a first down.you would know this had you been there.box score mistake was human error.i saw it and therefore i know it to be true.spencer also got an int of their own from steven ashley,so for the game their turnover margin was a -6.put that in your box score.
GoBlueSC Wrote:you think the kids didnt quit...fine so be it.no disrespect to anyone intended.im sure the fall break was a distraction,but i for one dont look for excuses.i would hate to say the spencer lost because of fall break.that sounds childish and very lame.as for the kick off,sure i have an opinion.the kid evans from north caught the ball,made a few ppl miss and went straight up the field untouched.nice play on that kids part.thats the first td spencer has given up all year on kick off,so i tip my hat to evans and tell spencer to shake it off and move on.do you agree?

yes i do live in spencer and no i do not buy or read the magnet.the editor uses the paper for her own agenda and tries to push it off on everyone who reads it.but thats another topic all together and not suited for discussion on here.

"Shaking it off" would have been my advice as well. Of course, I actually played football and I know from both sides of it that running the opening kickoff back can be quite the dagger.

According to your account though, we eventually went to hanging heads, walking off the field, personal fouls, etc.???Again, from looking at the stats here, those guys (as you called it) "quit" so bad that they let North Oldham score once in the entire second half? That doesn't look like a "quitting" effort to me?

As for the Magnet, the editor doesn't write sports stories. But then again, you don't subscribe, so if that is the case and you don't read it, how would you know that she uses it for her own agenda? (laughing at you)
GoBlueSC Wrote:also about the box score on the courier,i dont report nor do i know who does.fact is cameron fumbled twice and lost both.one specifically coming on the first possession of the 2nd half.spencer ran 29 and erico pancaked the corner to free cameron and he was caught from behind and fumbled at the north 10 yard line.the second coming on a snap on a punt.ball hits him in the hands and he fumbles it as he tries to run for a first down.you would know this had you been there.box score mistake was human error.i saw it and therefore i know it to be true.spencer also got an int of their own from steven ashley,so for the game their turnover margin was a -6.put that in your box score.

I feel like I am arguing with my 9 year old daughter here again, but I digress.

Spoke with someone who was also there, and pretty up close to the action. We are both wrong. Erico fumbled once and Cameron fumbled once (his was on the 4 yard line).
GoBlueSC Wrote:you think the kids didnt quit...fine so be it.no disrespect to anyone intended.im sure the fall break was a distraction,but i for one dont look for excuses.i would hate to say the spencer lost because of fall break.that sounds childish and very lame.as for the kick off,sure i have an opinion.the kid evans from north caught the ball,made a few ppl miss and went straight up the field untouched.nice play on that kids part.thats the first td spencer has given up all year on kick off,so i tip my hat to evans and tell spencer to shake it off and move on.do you agree?

If I am there I will look you up and Do you all still have those good hamburgers in the concession stand?
FF40212 Wrote:I will admit to being a little disappointed with how things have played out. We started out the season with some real heartbreaking (and very close) losses. Add in a couple of "coulda/shoulda" 4th quarter losses to Montomery County and West Jessamine (I believe?) and it added up.

I was not at the game Friday night in Goshen. I was very surprised to see the score. I won't say that any of those guys "quit", simply because I know most of them. Last week was our school's fall break. Not looking for excuses here, but I'm sure the odd practice schedule couldn't have helped preparations for a sloppy game. At the same time, give credit to North Oldham for making plays on the same sloppy field.

I will say that this team is predominantly Juniors still. Cameron Smith is a Senior, but most of the O-line and skill guys are 11th graders.

I think they will want to get this bad taste out of their mouths. Seems like everytime we play Henry County (in any sport) both side enjoy playing one another.

I think playing at home, and in light of recent events, Spencer gets back on track.

Im pretty sure Henry County was also on fall break during the week of the North Oldham and i also do believe that it was a sloppy game, but Henry came out on top by 22
yea the concession stand has plenty of good food,they actually grill the burgers,not microwaved.looks like the weather will be good for football.oldman henry,do you have any thoughts on shawnee -vs- central?
(replying to mitch1)

I was pretty clear that I wasn't looking for any excuses for the Bears. I mentioned that being off for fall break probably didn't help much. You have to remember that SC has lost some really close games this year, including a close game the week before at Western Hills.

Hats off to North Oldham. They won fair and square. No excuses necessary.

I think I am probably arguing points now that really don't matter in the greater scheme of things. I just disagree with the anonymous fellow (who is supposed to be from here and have a kid on this same team) saying these kids "quit". I just know them better.
Pages: 1 2 3