Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
14th Region Tournament @ Estill County.

Oct. 19th

Leslie County vs. Jenkins 6:00 pm

Owsley County vs. Breathitt County 7:15 pm

Oct. 20th

TBA (Leslie/Jenkins Winner) vs Powell County 6:00 pm

TBA (Breathitt/Owsley Winner) vs Letcher County Central 7:15 pm

TBA vs TBA 8:30 pm (Championship)

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...ment_91114
Leslie Co
Owsley Co Wins on 19th

Powell and LCC wins Semi's

LCC takes it all.
I like that prediction.
letcher central wins it all again..i think owsley and leslie makes it out of the first round tonight with too much mika turner tonight and leslie takes it easily..then a close one tomorrow with powell i think comin out with the w against leslie then letcher by a landslide against owsley..then letcher again by a landslide as usual against powell in the regional championship..
wonder how long lcc can stay dominant in the 14th?
LCC has over thirty girls and most of them could start for most teams in the 14th region.
@ Estill County

Oct. 20th

Powell Co. vs. Leslie Co. 6:00 pm

Owsley Co. vs. Letcher County Central 7:15 pm

TBA vs. TBA 8:30 pm Championship
Owsley County ran over Breathitt County tonight. Not sure how Breathitt County even made it to the region. They were terrible. Of course Owsley county was in their game and just shut them down.
Vollyball_Fan Wrote:Owsley County ran over Breathitt County tonight. Not sure how Breathitt County even made it to the region. They were terrible. Of course Owsley county was in their game and just shut them down.

Owsley will have the hands full tomorrow night.
second round is gonna be a whole lot of letcher central not enough mika turner..my prediction is anyway..i think a close one between powell and leslie but powell pulls it out..they sort of have the home court advantage in the tourny but in the regional championship letcher central wins big against the pirates..good luck to all the girls
Lady cougars in my opinion will win there 5th straight regional crown. This team is almost as good as the team that went down a couple of years ago, and made it to the elite eight.
Leslie County vs Letcher County Central

14th Region Champions

LETCHER COUNTY CENTRAL COUGARS!!!!!
I would like to say the Estill County staff and players were very good hosts and treated everyone well.
I agree!
Where is it going to be held next year?
cougarpride08 Wrote:Where is it going to be held next year?

Leslie County

http://www.khsaa.org/volleyball/regional...ection.pdf
wrestler_119 Wrote:wonder how long lcc can stay dominant in the 14th?

According to the KHSAA website, they have 33 girls on the roster --- only 4 seniors listed, and 4 juniors. Until other schools develop a feeder program (middle school teams) they will be playing catch up to LCC. I'm pretty sure middle school volleyball begins after middle school basketball ends.

Coach April Damron Charles has done an admirable job with the Jenkins volleyball program.
hoot owl Wrote:According to the KHSAA website, they have 33 girls on the roster --- only 4 seniors listed, and 4 juniors. Until other schools develop a feeder program (middle school teams) they will be playing catch up to LCC. I'm pretty sure middle school volleyball begins after middle school basketball ends.

Coach April Damron Charles has done an admirable job with the Jenkins volleyball program.

A lot of it depends on the talent in your area because as far as I know Russell doesn't have a middle school program. The only time they play volleyball in middle school is in gym. But as you can see with the 15-20 talented girls that Russell normally has they make it state almost every year. But I do agree I wish Russell would start a middle school volleyball team they would be even better in high school than they already are.
I have been trying to tell them for two years that we need one unified middle school team. They need to do what the football team did. Have one 5th and 6th grade, one 6th and 7th, and one 7th and 8th grade team. This will build relationship as friends, get kids even more excited to play, and get them ready to play other competitions. I don't know if anyone around here has those kinds of teams, but I feel by having them play against each other in volleyball for 2 to 3 years, keeps them from growing as a unit.