Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 55 - Betsy Layne 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
The defense finally came to play with some BIG hits. Curious, what is the record for kickoff returns for touchdowns in a career and in a season?
Good to see coach and his team get the win.
Congrats Pikeville
Good job panthers.
Congrats Panthers! Keep working Bobcats!
betsy layne is a joke. they don't think much of there players didn't look like the seniors got much of anything. look like the coaches should stop listening to the parents and start acting like coaches
It seems like Betsy Layne should rethilnk the whole program. If they don't or can't get the equipment required for a team why not disolve it. Every other team has 4-10 coaches. I'm not talking about former players that have no experience. If this isn't stopped someone is going to get hurt. Wonder how the principal, superintendant and etc. would feel then. Wouldn't this allow the players to go to a school deemed by the county and play? There are talented players on this team and they should be allowed to show it.
allKentucky Wrote:It seems like Betsy Layne should rethilnk the whole program. If they don't or can't get the equipment required for a team why not disolve it. Every other team has 4-10 coaches. I'm not talking about former players that have no experience. If this isn't stopped someone is going to get hurt. Wonder how the principal, superintendant and etc. would feel then. Wouldn't this allow the players to go to a school deemed by the county and play? There are talented players on this team and they should be allowed to show it.

:yikes: I'm not taking sides when it comes to this situation ! But, let's get one thing clear, this program belongs to the young men on this team, folks they're is no other options, they can't go to BL and play football somewhere else! The rules don't allow it, for better or worse this is the program they must play for! Football, isn't about pizza parties and school jackets, it's about young men building bonds , learning discipline , and learning to be part of a team, overcoming adversity, and developing a never say die attitude ! I agree they could use some help on this staff, I'm not saying we're not young and inexperienced , but, these young men (former players) , are positive role models for the current players!(I'm not guessing I coached them , I know their character , when it comes to learning football , you learn by your mistakes, ) My number one point to the haters (concerning this staff) Folks I know all of you , you're the reason their in place at this time, you supported the hiring of this coach, each new coach hires his own staff ( at his discretion) they were young and inexperienced when you supported the hiring, if you take away this program, you take away oppurtunities from a group of young people that have few oppurtunities in life anyway! Get involved or get out of the way, it's time to throw out the negative and add the positive ! (no disrespect ) We may never be Pikeville, Belfry, P-burg or some of the other great programs in our region, but, we can surely get better with commitment, dedication, and hard work ! This opinion I give, I earned, I've played at BL , I've coached at BL , and I'm currently a parent the same as you good folks, change isn't always the answer, sometimes you've got to work a little harder with what you've got ! Coach Parsons I want to come out and publicly say I support you and you're staff, but , I'm also gonna say that these young men and their future are my number 1 concern , Coach and play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back ! Boys, work hard and never lay down for anyone or anything (in life or on the field ) and you'll always have our respect ! (coach Jarrell ) .:Thumbs:
mlk Wrote:betsy layne is a joke. they don't think much of there players didn't look like the seniors got much of anything. look like the coaches should stop listening to the parents and start acting like coaches
to start with i am a parent who doesnt think the coaches listen to the parents cause if so my child would be playing like everyone elses...futher more from my understanding seniors will be getting more at banquet...seniors could be like most schools this year and get nothing..but the seniors will missed greatly..if u think bl is such a joke why dont u get out of the stands and help build the program..i think all seniors had a great year..u guys will be missed...
allKentucky Wrote:It seems like Betsy Layne should rethilnk the whole program. If they don't or can't get the equipment required for a team why not disolve it. Every other team has 4-10 coaches. I'm not talking about former players that have no experience. If this isn't stopped someone is going to get hurt. Wonder how the principal, superintendant and etc. would feel then. Wouldn't this allow the players to go to a school deemed by the county and play? There are talented players on this team and they should be allowed to show it.
what equipment does the boys need..its people like u that make programs like this fall...LIKE I SAID...get off ur butt..get out of the stands and help build this program...i think parsons and all the coaches did the best they could..good job coaches...what is it ..is ur child not the star u want it to be..
Saratoga_86 Wrote::yikes: I'm not taking sides when it comes to this situation ! But, let's get one thing clear, this program belongs to the young men on this team, folks they're is no other options, they can't go to BL and play football somewhere else! The rules don't allow it, for better or worse this is the program they must play for! Football, isn't about pizza parties and school jackets, it's about young men building bonds , learning discipline , and learning to be part of a team, overcoming adversity, and developing a never say die attitude ! I agree they could use some help on this staff, I'm not saying we're not young and inexperienced , but, these young men (former players) , are positive role models for the current players!(I'm not guessing I coached them , I know their character , when it comes to learning football , you learn by your mistakes, ) My number one point to the haters (concerning this staff) Folks I know all of you , you're the reason their in place at this time, you supported the hiring of this coach, each new coach hires his own staff ( at his discretion) they were young and inexperienced when you supported the hiring, if you take away this program, you take away oppurtunities from a group of young people that have few oppurtunities in life anyway! Get involved or get out of the way, it's time to throw out the negative and add the positive ! (no disrespect ) We may never be Pikeville, Belfry, P-burg or some of the other great programs in our region, but, we can surely get better with commitment, dedication, and hard work ! This opinion I give, I earned, I've played at BL , I've coached at BL , and I'm currently a parent the same as you good folks, change isn't always the answer, sometimes you've got to work a little harder with what you've got ! Coach Parsons I want to come out and publicly say I support you and you're staff, but , I'm also gonna say that these young men and their future are my number 1 concern , Coach and play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back ! Boys, work hard and never lay down for anyone or anything (in life or on the field ) and you'll always have our respect ! (coach Jarrell ) .:Thumbs:
i think if all the parents would pull together this would be a great program...the parents need to stop worrying about who has the most yardage or the most tackles and the most touchdowns..and get up and support our young players..good job blhs coaches..i wish some of the parents would try to do some of the stuff with the other programs at blhs that they have done and said with the football program..because i promise u it wouldnt work..thats why this bull dont go on with all the other programs at blhs..other coaches would not put up with this..i think coach parsons need to start being like all the other coaches..TOUGH...why dont people put there energy into building the program instead of downing it and worrying about there child being a star..it takes more than one to win a game..i hope coach parsons comes out next year with a kick a** additude...
MR. BOBCAT Wrote:Congrats Panthers! Keep working Bobcats!
blhs football players work very hard...they never give up...i want to say good job to all the coaches and football players....good job seniors..u guys will be missed by everyone...
my johnson Wrote:what equipment does the boys need..its people like u that make programs like this fall...LIKE I SAID...get off ur butt..get out of the stands and help build this program...i think parsons and all the coaches did the best they could..good job coaches...what is it ..is ur child not the star u want it to be..
if u think that bl is that bad and ur child is that good then what r u doing there..ur making an idiot of ur self by saying this and leaving ur child at this school...u must like something about it...or u wouldnt be there...oh ur one of those people that just like to set back and complain ...RIGHT..
its sad that stupid people from bl r on here talking this way,,,dont think our players dont get on here and read this stuff..why dont these people have the nerve to be in the open and discuss this stuff with adults face to face instead of getiing on here acting like there in grade school...oh u must be one of those not dedicated to football..cause if u were u wouldnt be on here talking like u r...
First of all, I am proud to say that I played under Coach Jarrell. He was a great coach and would love to see him walk the sidelines as a bobcat coach. Also I dont know what equipment we need. If they dont have equipment then that would be a safety issue. And as far as I know, was there friday everyone was equipped legally. Seniors you have two more games left, lets make the best out of this season and build for the future.
Ok listen this is My opoiton none of yours and i dont need no stupd comments about it. And the parents has tried to help him one of the best coches dwite Jarrell and he was turned down so dont say get out of the stands red wont let them and 2ec this is probley red on here trying to make his self look good. Or one of the other coches. Thxs for the comments
I'm a football parent and I've always stood by these young men and coaches.My son may or may never be a star player but either way my son enjoys playing football and never complains and that's the way it should be.I think the main problem is the parents hold grudges and it passes through to the players.As long as your son has heart for football let them play the sport.My god the talent is there leave these young men and the coaches along.Try to get out and find ways to bring much needed money to the program.Parents and community is how the program is built to.This is a wonderful group of young men and i wish each and everyone of you GOOD LUCK! GO BOBCATS!:Cheerlead
allKentucky Wrote:Ok listen this is My opoiton none of yours and i dont need no stupd comments about it. And the parents has tried to help him one of the best coches dwite Jarrell and he was turned down so dont say get out of the stands red wont let them and 2ec this is probley red on here trying to make his self look good. Or one of the other coches. Thxs for the comments
to start with ur really smart u dont even know how to spell dwight..further more..its not red..its coach parsons..no this is not coach...i am a parent at blhs..i agree with blue paw...why dont the parents want to improve our program and involve the community..coach dont have to get on here and make his self look good...everyone knows coach...he is a great person and coach...so i promise u im not the coach..i wish i was for one day...boy oh at the people that would hate me..i would be alot tougher than parsons..so shut up and either support the football program or dont fool with it,,,
bluepaw Wrote:I'm a football parent and I've always stood by these young men and coaches.My son may or may never be a star player but either way my son enjoys playing football and never complains and that's the way it should be.I think the main problem is the parents hold grudges and it passes through to the players.As long as your son has heart for football let them play the sport.My god the talent is there leave these young men and the coaches along.Try to get out and find ways to bring much needed money to the program.Parents and community is how the program is built to.This is a wonderful group of young men and i wish each and everyone of you GOOD LUCK! GO BOBCATS!:Cheerlead
i agree with u...these boys love football and for an idiot not to support them win or lose is awful..u can bet the one on here running there mouth isnt out in the mud and the poring rain on a football field...like our boys are...these boys give it there all...i support all the football players and coaches...good job guys...
Saratoga_86 Wrote::yikes: I'm not taking sides when it comes to this situation ! But, let's get one thing clear, this program belongs to the young men on this team, folks they're is no other options, they can't go to BL and play football somewhere else! The rules don't allow it, for better or worse this is the program they must play for! Football, isn't about pizza parties and school jackets, it's about young men building bonds , learning discipline , and learning to be part of a team, overcoming adversity, and developing a never say die attitude ! I agree they could use some help on this staff, I'm not saying we're not young and inexperienced , but, these young men (former players) , are positive role models for the current players!(I'm not guessing I coached them , I know their character , when it comes to learning football , you learn by your mistakes, ) My number one point to the haters (concerning this staff) Folks I know all of you , you're the reason their in place at this time, you supported the hiring of this coach, each new coach hires his own staff ( at his discretion) they were young and inexperienced when you supported the hiring, if you take away this program, you take away oppurtunities from a group of young people that have few oppurtunities in life anyway! Get involved or get out of the way, it's time to throw out the negative and add the positive ! (no disrespect ) We may never be Pikeville, Belfry, P-burg or some of the other great programs in our region, but, we can surely get better with commitment, dedication, and hard work ! This opinion I give, I earned, I've played at BL , I've coached at BL , and I'm currently a parent the same as you good folks, change isn't always the answer, sometimes you've got to work a little harder with what you've got ! Coach Parsons I want to come out and publicly say I support you and you're staff, but , I'm also gonna say that these young men and their future are my number 1 concern , Coach and play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back ! Boys, work hard and never lay down for anyone or anything (in life or on the field ) and you'll always have our respect ! (coach Jarrell ) .:Thumbs:

Good Post Coach!
Hats off to Coach Howard and staff. I am surprised with that score that you haven't been blasted. I don't know what score is considered to be called "running it up". (I guess it's 62-0) I guess it's just according to what team is playing. Good job Coach and congratulations to the boys. Good luck in the playoffs. Stay healthy!

Don't take these posts to heart Coach Jarrell. These people that are downgrading your program obviously have no idea what high school sports is all about. And the truth is...the first winning season that you have....they will be the first ones to jump on the bandwagon. And be prepared....because when you don't pat them on the back and pretend that they actually had something to do with the success....you are then considered an a--whole.... Take care of your boys and pay these people no attention. They are a bunch of nobodies that probably have no idea what it's like to put your heart and soul into anything. You don't need people like that around your kids or your program.
clueless Wrote:Hats off to Coach Howard and staff. I am surprised with that score that you haven't been blasted. I don't know what score is considered to be called "running it up". (I guess it's 62-0) I guess it's just according to what team is playing. Good job Coach and congratulations to the boys. Good luck in the playoffs. Stay healthy!

Coach Howard???
Coach Howard is the head coach at Pikeville, so why wouldn't he be the one getting congratulated for this win?
Any news on the Martin kid and his arm?

:redboxer::Clap: