Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 13th Region Prediction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who is the favorite to win the 13th Region
the barbourville tigers will take home the 13th region... they will stomp every team in the region!!!!!
corbin
south
clay
knox

bell, harlan co, middlesboro, north could be sleepers.
South laurel!!
1. South
2. Corbin
3. Clay
4. Knox Central
delt12 Wrote:the barbourville tigers will take home the 13th region... they will stomp every team in the region!!!!!

NOW THATS FUNNY :cop:
rojas Wrote:1. South
2. Corbin
3. Clay
4. Knox Central

But i would move Clay Co down and Knox Central up only
because Clay Co has lost P/G Hooker for the season .
South Laurel could run away with the region
delt12 Wrote:the barbourville tigers will take home the 13th region... they will stomp every team in the region!!!!!

funny
Barbourville Tigers will hardly win a game this year unless they play red bird and oneida....i see south, corbin, clay, and knox central taking control of this region and battling it out postseason.
I would have said Clay County but with Hooker going down in football, I'll say take South Laurel.
South Laurel Runs away with the 13th Region
It's a 3 team race now.

Corbin, South Laurel and Knox Central.
I think it will be between Corbin and South this year. CLay and KC will make some noise. Tournament time is very unpredictable.
Hooker from Clay just averaged 5 points a game last season. Clay will be in region finals if their coach doesn't get in the way.
If by Hooker only averaging 5 ppg as you say isn't much to the Clay County Basketball team then why did the coaches who voted in the Cats Pause rank him as the 5th or 6th player in the region. Maybe they understand that he did so much more for the team like control the offense by not making turnovers and not allowing other teams to press them and also as an unbelievable defender that was Clay's best defender against the post as the double down man from the top of their match-up zone. Most people that truly understand the game know what a big loss this was for the Tigers but those that don't just mention that he only averaged 5 ppg. By the way, fan first, exactly what has Spurlock done to you or a family member that makes you be on his case so much? He seems to run a pretty disciplined program and coaches with a lot of passion.
Corbin and South should be battling it out with North, KC, and Clay right there.
Could not disagree more. They have lost much talent and simply lack the outside shooting and defensive intensity required to beat teams like Knox and Corbin. They are a slow 4th at best.
no matter what year it is Corbin always compete for the region
8-ball24 Wrote:If by Hooker only averaging 5 ppg as you say isn't much to the Clay County Basketball team then why did the coaches who voted in the Cats Pause rank him as the 5th or 6th player in the region. Maybe they understand that he did so much more for the team like control the offense by not making turnovers and not allowing other teams to press them and also as an unbelievable defender that was Clay's best defender against the post as the double down man from the top of their match-up zone. Most people that truly understand the game know what a big loss this was for the Tigers but those that don't just mention that he only averaged 5 ppg. By the way, fan first, exactly what has Spurlock done to you or a family member that makes you be on his case so much? He seems to run a pretty disciplined program and coaches with a lot of passion.

He has done nothing to me. He is just over his head in this program where pride and excellance are demanded.
I could go on and on but I will defer to someone else since you think you are the only one who understatds the game.
Ask Coach Bob Keith his opinions about the state of the program. I think he understands the game somewhat.
A silver lining for him is this. With the loss of Hooker, who is a very good players but not one the team can't overcome, he will have another excuse come regional tourney time.
Sincerely,
Anthony Allen
Knox will turn some heads with Miller, Canady, Broughton, and Barger. Our new coach should also help out, taking Knox Middle to I think 3 State Final Four appearances in the last few years. Of course, Corbin and South will be contenders along with North and Clay. Should be a dandy this year.
Having seen Clay County several times last year, I think they will miss Hooker. However, they are still a very good team and they will be in contention for the top honors in the region. Having said that the 13th will be a close race between Clay County, Corbin and South Laurel. I love my Black Bears and I hope they can continue to build themselves into a powerhouse like Clay County, Corbin and South Laurel.
8-ball24 Wrote:If by Hooker only averaging 5 ppg as you say isn't much to the Clay County Basketball team then why did the coaches who voted in the Cats Pause rank him as the 5th or 6th player in the region. Maybe they understand that he did so much more for the team like control the offense by not making turnovers and not allowing other teams to press them and also as an unbelievable defender that was Clay's best defender against the post as the double down man from the top of their match-up zone. Most people that truly understand the game know what a big loss this was for the Tigers but those that don't just mention that he only averaged 5 ppg. By the way, fan first, exactly what has Spurlock done to you or a family member that makes you be on his case so much? He seems to run a pretty disciplined program and coaches with a lot of passion.

More trouble for Spurlock and the Tigers. The kid who was scheduled to replace Hooker in the starting lineup has decided not to play. This makes close to 20 kids in the last few years that have quit playing basketball at Clay Co. Unbelieveable!:HitWall:
fan first Wrote:More trouble for Spurlock and the Tigers. The kid who was scheduled to replace Hooker in the starting lineup has decided not to play. This makes close to 20 kids in the last few years that have quit playing basketball at Clay Co. Unbelieveable!:HitWall:

you talking about Kendall Reed?
fan first Wrote:More trouble for Spurlock and the Tigers. The kid who was scheduled to replace Hooker in the starting lineup has decided not to play. This makes close to 20 kids in the last few years that have quit playing basketball at Clay Co. Unbelieveable!:HitWall:

I don't recall hearing that anyone has quit. Hooker is the only one out due to his injury. I'd say that they know they will need to step up with him injured.
the dark wizard Wrote:you talking about Kendall Reed?

Reed is still playing.
Todd McDaniel isn't playing.
clay county will take home region this year....
Wow. Saw Central play Saturday at Corbin Civic Center. They are quick and big. Miller is stonger this year and seems to really be playing strong team ball. Broughton is even faster. The football players will help more and more as they get in the groove - Canady, Barger, and Diamond still were strong in this game though. This team will be a contender for years to come - count on it.