Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Is Joker being trained to fill Brooks shoes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Please say this is not so.
I was talking to a booster this weekend who said that this was in the plans
i hope u are wrong and this is not the plan.
Oh no please say it ant true
If this happens--it only proves how far off UK really is. An established coach (after Brooks gets the hook) with name recognition is the only thing that will give UK a chance in the future.

Something like this speaks to my point in one of the other UK threads--Football is treated like a redheaded step child.

Also--after this season--Joker also needs to go. He had one lucky game against Tennessee last season--and he gets the big promotion. This year--injuries or no injuries--the offense didn't fit the personnel. (Which is the responsibility of the O-Coordinator to fix.

The Strength Coach also needs to get the ax. All of these injuries happen for a reason--a lot of these guys are not physically ready to play football. If they were--the constant injuries wouldn't happen.
Sometimes no-name coaches work out for the better....there are only so many big name coaches out there....and they all started out as no-nammers :thumb:
"Beef" Wrote:Sometimes no-name coaches work out for the better....there are only so many big name coaches out there....and they all started out as no-nammers :thumb:

I agree, But i dont know if Kentucky can afford to take that chance again.
It worked last time with Morris didn't it?
Or seemed to be working.
Morris wasn't a "no-name" coach, Beef.

He had been either an NFL assistant or a college assistant for an extended period of time. He was also someone who was familiar with UK's situation--much like Joker.

Matter of fact--there are a lot of similarities between Joker and Morris' situation. And looking back, even though Morris was solid--they still could have made a better hire.

Also--there are certain times and certain programs where I agree with you (as far as hiring a young, up and comer). But to Torqque's point--Kentucky can not afford to make that mistake for an extended period of time.
Well, who you want them to go get?

But doesn't matter cause Brooks has one more season at least :thumb: And why can't we support him? He could be around a LONG time....I think that would be in the best interest of the program. If they can show some stability instead of changing coaches every 3-4 years. It takes time to build a program after UK got as low as it did!
I'm available. I think I'm familiar to the UK sports fans.

But then again maybe Joker is the man for the job. I mean with a name like that and coaching at UK that's a pretty good fit.

UK Footballs new Head Coach Joker.
"Beef" Wrote:Well, who you want them to go get?

But doesn't matter cause Brooks has one more season at least :thumb: And why can't we support him? He could be around a LONG time....I think that would be in the best interest of the program. If they can show some stability instead of changing coaches every 3-4 years. It takes time to build a program after UK got as low as it did!

Who do I want them to get? Someone better than Brooks. And--IMO--the reason why he is still here is because there are people who do support him. And the more that people continue to support him--the worse things are going to get. In this argument--you need to take out the personal feelings at look at Brooks' record. He has had just a few winning seasons in his career. He has had no winning seasons at Kentucky--and he will not come close. I know enough about football to know that for sure.

As far as other options--Kentucky needs to be bold. A few that have crossed my mind:

Mike Leach (currently at Texas Tech)
John Cooper (busy doing nothing--but he is a MASTER recruiter)
Rich Rodriguez (West Virginia)
Ralph Fridgen (Maryland)
Chuck D'Amato (NC State)

Is that a great list--maybe not in some people's eyes--but overall--most of the people on that list have turned around programs that were going in the wrong direction. Plus--there are numerous others that would do a much better job than Rich and Joker.

Heck--I have been around better coaches in high school than Rich Brooks.

Also--I really don't think that any of us should support a mess like this. I understand that it is important to support the kids in the program. But--in order for things to get better--we need to look at the bigger picture. Stop the flow of dollars (which means quit lining UK's pockets with positive re-enforcement) and quit going to see them play. It is that simple. That is the only way to stop the bleeding at this point. That doesn't mean that you are turning you back on UK--it just means that you are sick of your money supporting a 2nd class program.