Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A Bond Between Sister from WYMT Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the official start of the basketball season beginning tomorrow with practice, I thought it would be nice to share with all of you a BGR exclusive. Recently I did a story in Pineville about a very unique relationship between sisters Chelsey Smith and Robin Smith. I am sure all of you are familiar with Chelsey as she finished third in the state in scoring last year. I hope all of you enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daYhVZUoA4Q"]YouTube - A Bond Between Two Sisters[/ame]

- Derek Forrest
www.twitter.com/derekwymt
www.derekforrest.com
That was a GREAT story. Thanks for sharing!!
Nice story....
Pretty cool
This was very good as all of rocks videos are on eastern kentucky sports.
I simply love watching his montagies on basketball Via youtube. You really need to check them out! as I said this video was very good and i was at the championship Middle school game when this girl was very young and was dominating a game when Adults in the stands started vicously swearing at this innocent 11 year old girl saying terrible things for no other apparent reason at the time except that she does not miss her free throws. Her Miiddle School Coach then david teague turned around and told them to "stop it now" as i hope any coach would do as such and he was likewise fired.
He was hired back later i was informed but i really thought he should have been given a medal of honor for standing up for a young child over a gym full of obvisouly over intoxicated idiots.
Thats why I am So Glad he Has now a head Coaching position at Bell county High school.
And I Hope and pray for his success.
Yes..this is a very unique and uplifting human interest story which not only involves 2 very gifted athletes but also two very sweet and pretty young ladies as well. Meeting for the first time of all places on a basketball court is a wonderful happenstance but sad that their families could have not kept in touch or gotten them together way before then. I Have always Enjoyed watching this reporter on Wymt Sports and All of his sports works. The other Human interest story on the merricks brothers kicking last season was great as well. I believe before this author came into WYMT he did something in the background at SportsCenter so is very well versed and fondly liked by everyone. We as fans of sports in ky are very appreciative of him.
LOVED IT!!:Thumbs:
Great story!!
Great job Derek. That's a really unique story.
Thanks a lot guys. When I learned of the story, I knew it was something that I had to do and share with the rest of Eastern Kentucky, and of course, where-ever the internet extends!!!

It is definitely different, but the girls were great to work with and they are good people. They get along great now, and you would of never known that they have only known each other for 5 years. The story will actually air on WYMT in a couple of months if anyone was wondering, but I wanted to get that out there for you all to watch.

Thanks everyone!!!

- Derek Forrest
http://www.twitter.com/derekwymt
http://www.derekforrest.com
Nice story ROCK. I still dont think you could block Allan Fugate of Hazard though. Your to old and out of shape. Hahaha
warmachine Wrote:Nice story ROCK. I still dont think you could block Allan Fugate of Hazard though. Your to old and out of shape. Hahaha

old and out of shape huh ? interesting ... :-P
not so true at all!
I have seen pictures :worthy:of the rock working out and
he is gorgeous!
Nice