Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County Field Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does Lawrence County have any plans of building a new field? Back in the late 90's, LC was talking about building a new football field. Do they have any intentions of building a new field? I understand right now is a tough time with the economy but Louisa is growing fast. Hopefully the coal business can take off again. It would be nice to see LC get a field similar to Sheldon Clark, Belfry, Prestonsburg, etc.
I would say the chances are better now than in about 6 years. With the change from May as super to Armstrong whom has been known to be a pro-athletics person. Add to that the turn around in the program and anything is possible.
LC will have a new TURF field within 5 years..bank it Big Grin
CatDawg Wrote:I would say the chances are better now than in about 6 years. With the change from May as super to Armstrong whom has been known to be a pro-athletics person. Add to that the turn around in the program and anything is possible.

Anyone whom is involved with LC athletics saw this coming from a mile away:rockon:
Good news if LC can get a new field. Who do you contact to donate to the QB club by the way?
I hear they are getting ready to build a new grade school near the high school. It would be nice if they made it a horseshoe shape building and place the field in the middle. Something like Putam Stadium
I believe that had been the plan at one time.
That was the plan when I was in High School. They were suppose to do the dozer work behind the High School.
Well they have brought up field turf a couple of times.. It may be sooner then later with the High School starting up girls soccer . But I dont see it any time soon.
I belive it will happen soon but not real soon though, it's just one of those things that take some time and like one person mentioned with the girls having a soccer team now it only makes sense. Also the youth league could play on it and not worry about tearing it up.
What's the est $$$ amount of a turf field? Anybody have a idea?
I heard from a pretty good source that a new soccer field and youth softball field will be constructed behind the high school. Don't know exactly when the completion date is.
Im just glad Cecil is having a good year, Ive been preaching for the last few years on this site that they needed to get Cecil in there as HC. He is one of the best motivators and game planners I ever played for.
Dawg days! Wrote:What's the est $$$ amount of a turf field? Anybody have a idea?

Most prices I have seen have been in the half milliion to 8 or 900 thousand range.
I always like to see a mountain team do some upgrading on their programs it says alot on the community and the support they have hope it happens
Well like it or not soccer is picking up in LC and will only continue to grow. So that is something that will certainly have to be addressed and it wouldn't surprise me if we're not talking about a boys high school team within 5 to 10 years.
CatDawg Wrote:Well like it or not soccer is picking up in LC and will only continue to grow. So that is something that will certainly have to be addressed and it wouldn't surprise me if we're not talking about a boys high school team within 5 to 10 years.
Well the girls finished up last week with their first ever soccer team. Right now they are over 360 youth players counting girls and boys. A person would think that it will continue to grow. My question is how did they keep the girls from playing on the football field in the first place. They had them at the stellamore baseball field. If tittle 9 got involved the girls would get to use the football field or get a field of there own equal to the football teams. If they would get a boys team how would this effect are football program? I guess well have to wait and see.:popcorn:
i hope we get a big nice turf field
lcgrad2002 Wrote:i hope we get a big nice turf field
Amen brother that would be GREAT
Dawg Family Wrote:Well the girls finished up last week with their first ever soccer team. Right now they are over 360 youth players counting girls and boys. A person would think that it will continue to grow. My question is how did they keep the girls from playing on the football field in the first place. They had them at the stellamore baseball field. If tittle 9 got involved the girls would get to use the football field or get a field of there own equal to the football teams. If they would get a boys team how would this effect are football program? I guess well have to wait and see.:popcorn:

Our girls team refused to use the football field it slopes to much so they play at the baseball field i would say the case is the same for LC
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Our girls team refused to use the football field it slopes to much so they play at the baseball field i would say the case is the same for LC
Maybe IDK but it would be nice to have some bleaches and a score board and usable restrooms for the teams and fans
Dawg Family Wrote:Maybe IDK but it would be nice to have some bleaches and a score board and usable restrooms for the teams and fans
Well they do have all of those there..
But the 2 options I have heard is to fill in next to the Football practice field on the other side of the fence and put the girls soccer field there or to go to field turf on the football field and then there would be no problem with all the traffic on the field other then scheduling practice for all... but what I have seen from most places is football would practice after school and then soccer after football is done. But I know the funds are not there for field turf right now.
bucslover68 Wrote:Most prices I have seen have been in the half milliion to 8 or 900 thousand range.

Greenup's BOE had several meetings considering putting in a turf field. It wasn't the half million that killed it but the maintenance and replacement costs over the next ten years. Good luck with any improvements you are considering, with the way your team is playing, now is the time to ask for anything you want!!!
Batpuff Wrote:Well they do have all of those there..
But the 2 options I have heard is to fill in next to the Football practice field on the other side of the fence and put the girls soccer field there or to go to field turf on the football field and then there would be no problem with all the traffic on the field other then scheduling practice for all... but what I have seen from most places is football would practice after school and then soccer after football is done. But I know the funds are not there for field turf right now.
I would go for the Turf :Clap: But no they don't have a score board and the bath room don't work the parents had to flush the bath rooms out by hand before each game because every time they was [email=S*@!t]S*!t[/email] in the floor because the potty's don't work. And the bleacher are what ever you bring to set on. The bleachers that are there are not even close to were the soccer game is played they are behind home plate and the game's are played in the out field. But this should be about football and I vote for turf:Thumbs: for what ever my vote is worth :lmao:
I wish we had a domed stadium, but the question is, "Where do we get the MONEY"? Unless we get some BIG outside donors, we will continue to enjoy the facilities we have.
lawrencefan Wrote:I wish we had a domed stadium, but the question is, "Where do we get the MONEY"? Unless we get some BIG outside donors, we will continue to enjoy the facilities we have.
Which are really good facilities alot better then when I played
Soccer is killing our youth program. Last spring we had 4 little league and 3 minor leauge teams. In softball we had 2 teams. Soccer should only be allowed for the fall so it doesn't enterfer with spring ball. If this keeps up our programs are really going to be hurting in a few years. A kid shouldn't have to decide between America's favorite past time and Europe's favorite in the spring.
Hotshot Wrote:Soccer is killing our youth program. Last spring we had 4 little league and 3 minor leauge teams. In softball we had 2 teams. Soccer should only be allowed for the fall so it doesn't enterfer with spring ball. If this keeps up our programs are really going to be hurting in a few years. A kid shouldn't have to decide between America's favorite past time and Europe's favorite in the spring.

Soccer and Fall Baseball have both taken away from youth football, its not fair to the the kids that want to play both or all sports. the schools or leauges should take this in consideration.
Baseball isn't America's favorite anymore. MLB has killed it. Right now I think soccer is the fasting growing sport in the US. With the American national teams doing better and getting attention this is only going to help it grow. Besides we have fall baseball now why is that happening it takes from soccer and football. I say offer everything and let the kids play what they want and not what the parents want. I would love for mine to play football. However, he was able to start playing soccer earlier than football and now he's hooked. He wants to play football but when he has to choice between the two in the fall he picks soccer. Not me, not his mom but he picks soccer. If he wants to continue with it I'll be there to support him no matter how old he is. If that means he doesn't play high school football and ends up playing high school soccer so be it. Besides learning to play multiple sports usually helps you with each as you build your skills. However, the main thing is I hope he gets a good education and right now thats hard to come by here in Lawrence County.
Don't forget basketball is taking away from baseball due to AAU. All sports are starting to be played almost all year. I have friends in the Huntington area that their kids are only playing one sport now because it is offered somewhere somehow all year. Football is even hurting baseball with the passing leagues. We can go on and on and on but the fact remains its a game and the kids should be able to play whatever as much as they want. Gone or about gone are the days of playing baseball in the summer, football in the fall and basketball in the winter. In Ceredo they even have indoor soccer for the winter.
Pages: 1 2