Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals 17 - Ravens 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wow, what another great finish by Carson and the Bengals
Sitting atop the AFC Central all by ourselves!
WHO DEY!! The newly pronounced "Cardiac Cats" are livin large atop the Division!!
So Ochocinco was turned to the side and Lewis' shoulder pad popped off the helmet. Hit occurred just around a second after the ball passed 85.
Great game from the Bengals..
I think the ruling was that he made no play towards the ball and was a defenseless receiver. Unnecessary roughness. If he touches the ball, clean hit.
But he wasn't defenseless, he had his head turned toward Lewis, and he ha jumped into the air,in turn, making a play on the ball.
PC_You_Know Wrote:But he wasn't defenseless, he had his head turned toward Lewis, and he ha jumped into the air,in turn, making a play on the ball.

Cry me a river Justin. Bengals win again so deal with it. The hit was a bad play and anyone who knows the game, knows that was an illegal hit. The ball was 10 yards over Chad's head so it 's impossible for Ray to make a play on the ball.
If Ray Lewis where to go back, I bet he'd wish that was Randy Moss or another Patriot receiver.
sounds like the bengals are forreal this year.
Baltimore pretty much gave this game to Cincinnati...

Ray Lewis's penalty...the pass interference penalty.

Don't get me wrong tho...this makes me happy.
WHOOOOOO DEYYYYYY!!!! Cincinnati is where its at this year!
Wow that was a messed up call. seems like the ravens been taking a beating from the refs his year
tezzy859 Wrote:Cry me a river Justin. Bengals win again so deal with it. The hit was a bad play and anyone who knows the game, knows that was an illegal hit. The ball was 10 yards over Chad's head so it 's impossible for Ray to make a play on the ball.

I played football for 7 years bub, coached pee wee and flag, I think I know enough football, if you make a play on the ball you are free to be hit! He jumped into the air trying to get the ball, he's just another body out there when he does that. He even turned to look at Lewis, so he knew the hit was coming, he wasn't defenseless.
Sportscenter this morning says "no doubt about that call"
The ball didnt just pass Chad, it was 5-7 yrds behind him. It doesnt seem like it from the angle posted here but it was.
csabo17 Wrote:Sportscenter this morning says "no doubt about that call"
The ball didnt just pass Chad, it was 5-7 yrds behind him. It doesnt seem like it from the angle posted here but it was.

So he was trying to make a play on a ball that was WAY out of his reach? That's setting yourself up to be hurt, that shouldn't be blamed on Ray Lewis.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Wow that was a messed up call. seems like the ravens been taking a beating from the refs his year

exactly what I was thinking.. think the game would have ended a little differently if they had called Chad on his defensive pass interference.
Im through discussing this.
csabo17 Wrote:Im through discussing this.

okay?
Hmm, I looked at the first 5 games and thought "Wow, the Bengals could be 5-0" with the luck that we have had. But then quickly realized we could just as easily be 0-5, thus, the same old Bengals :-(
Yeah we will see how the second half of the season goes. I almost asked the ol lady yesterday if we could go to a home playoff game again this year. Then I thought that might be the ultimate jinx.
Bengals-Ravens report card Posted by jreedy October 12th, 2009, 9:39 am

Vovici Online Survey Software Good morning from Gate B-18 at Detroit Metro Airport, where I am waiting for the connecting flight to CVG. After going through another Gus Johnson broadcast with plenty of fervor and going back and forth on a couple plays, here’s the report card from Sunday’s 17-14 Bengals victory over the Ravens.

Quarterback (B)
Carson Palmer’s second pick six of the year looked identical to the first one – Palmer looked in on a receiver and did not account for Ed Reed rapidly closing in. But even with the INT, Palmer had his best game of the season (18 of 31, 271 yards, TD, INT, 84.2 rating). The difference in this game was that he made a lot of plays with his feet, whether it was moving up in the pocket or scrambling around to find an open receiver. He also had another fourth-down scramble to keep a game-winning drive alive. One bad trend is delay of game penalties. There were three against Baltimore and four in the past two weeks.

Running backs (A)
Cedric Benson (120 yards, 27 carries) broke the Ravens’ 39-game streak of holding a runner under 100 yards. Fifteen of the carries were for two or less yards but four were for 10 or more yards, including a 28-yard touchdown to give the Bengals a 14-10 lead. Even on the short-yardage carries, Benson was running strong and wore down the Ravens’ defense. Bernard Scott had only one carry, for three yards, but the Ravens have a tradition of feasting on short, shifty backs.

Wide receivers (B)
Andre Caldwell took advantage of his matchup with Chris Carr on the winning touchdown pass while Chris Henry (3 rec., 92 yards) had his best game of the regular season with a nice one-handed grab down the left sideline while being covered by Domonique Foxworth. Chad Ochocinco had seven catches for 94 yards and was a factor early, but his fumble during the second quarter cost the Bengals points. Laveranues Coles continues to be an alarming non-factor.

Tight ends ©
One week after a breakout game against the Browns, the tight ends faltered against the Ravens. Dan Coats had a couple of wide open drops while J.P. Foschi was not much of a factor.

Offensive line (B)
Any time a back can get 100 yards on the Ravens, the line must be doing something right. Andrew Whitworth made a nice block on Benson’s touchdown run while the pocket was fairly clean throughout the day. Kyle Cook had a couple low shotgun snaps while Anthony Collins was pancaked a couple times.

Defensive line (B-plus)
They were active and aggressive throughout the game, forcing pressure on the Ravens’ line and closing the pocket around him. Robert Geathers had a sack while Pat Sims, who was in the starting lineup with Tank Johnson inactive again, had five tackles. Geathers and Domata Peko also had tackles for loss.

Linebackers (B)
One week after being slowed by a knee injury, Rey Maualuga ends up leading the team in tackles with eight, including two tackles for loss. Dhani Jones got his first sack of the season late in the second quarter which took the Ravens out of Bengals territory.

Secondary (A)
For the third time in five games, an opposing top receiver was held without a catch while only four completions were to wide receivers. Johnathan Joseph got an interception for the third straight game while Chris Crocker and Roy Williams did a nice job stepping up in run coverage. Chinedum Ndukwe also had a nice game, including what appeared to be a forced fumble and touchdown in the second quarter, which was ruled down by contact.

Special teams (C-)
Add two more bad snaps to Brad St. Louis, which runs the total to six which has resulted in 11 missed points. St. Louis got a huge break on a high snap from a missed extra point when the Ravens were called for an illegal formation. The snap was on target for the replay which Shayne Graham made. The kick return unit continues to struggle. The lone bright spot came in the punt game, where Kevin Huber averaged 40 yards with a net of 39.8.

Coaching (A)
Give the staff a lot of credit for a solid game plan. In the face of tragedy, Mike Zimmer called a great game while Bob Bratkowski mixed things up a little on offense, taking more shots down the field. Take away two plays, which resulted in Baltimore touchdowns and the Bengals played a near-perfect game against a team that is considered one of the top teams in the AFC

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2009...port-card/
its a bad call that changed the game thats all there is to it. he jumped in the air therefore he is fair game to anyone on the field.
Def. a fun game to watch...Bengals are rolling!
I agree the Bengals are back.
charliez Wrote:I agree the Bengals are back.

Are they? Or is it just that the good will of "Luck" has gone their way. The Bengals have not been in a game that has been decided by more than 7 points and decided in the last minute of each game.
THERE CHEATERS, Lol,
[ame="http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72399"]Baltimore Ravens' Ray Lewis fined for hit on Cincinnati Bengals' Chad Ochocinco - Kentucky Sports Forum - BlueGrassRivals[/ame]

Ok maybe one more thing, I guess the NFL thought it was unnecessary also!
hum ,didn't think I had ever saw a shoulder pad tear a helmet off a mans head before.
Pages: 1 2