Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 49 - Magoffin County 48 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final!'

Congrats PC
Congrats PC and Coach Burchett...
Good game tonight Pirates. It wasn't very pretty but a win is a win. Now!! Lets keep it civil on here. A few of the Powell fans have a tendency to blow things out of proportion. It is only one win. The main thing is, we won. Enough said.
how did it end???
42 all at the end of regulation. We go to overtime. PC wins toss and plays D first. MC scores on 2nd, possibly, 3rd play on QB draw. MC goes for 2 and PC stops #1 on about the 1 yd line. We take over and 1st down we gain 6. On 2nd down we gain 2. On 3rd down we gain 1. On 4th down, D. Taulbee runs it in. Shane Karpensky comes in and nails the PAT. 97 pts. scored...Wow!
What a game. Congrats to both teams
wow what a game. congrats to both teams.
Well played.... well played
Wow, what a game. Congrats Pirates.
Our defense (Magoffin) stunk it up tonight!!!!! Our "D" got wooped!
Looks like this one was a shootout. Huge win for the Pirates here. Magoffin has a solid team this season. This one is one to be proud of for Coach Burchett.

Congrats Pirates!
Anyone have any stats on the qb from magoffin. I know he has really lighting it up tonight.

Congrats to pc, and keep your head up hornets.
big blue fan Wrote:Anyone have any stats on the qb from magoffin. I know he has really lighting it up tonight.

Congrats to pc, and keep your head up hornets.

Games - Attempts - Completions - interceptions - yards passing - TD's Passing -

6 - 110 - 56 - 4 - 629 - 10
Strikeout King Wrote:Games - Attempts - Completions - interceptions - yards passing - TD's Passing -

6 - 110 - 56 - 4 - 629 - 10

Not to downgrade either team, but I believe Blitz43 will agree, Powell's secondary at times was helping this Qb light it up. Great game to watch, both teams kept plugging away.
Lucky13 Wrote:Not to downgrade either team, but I believe Blitz43 will agree, Powell's secondary at times was helping this Qb light it up. Great game to watch, both teams kept plugging away.

those was his stats coming in to tonights game with Powell

i dont know the stats he had on the night. there still yet to post the score on the KHSAA Website
Strikeout King Wrote:those was his stats coming in to tonights game with Powell
I was referring to the other comment, just quoted the wrong one.
Congratulations Coach Burchett and your team, also you beat the sickness also.:1:
Congratulations to the Pirate on a huge upset, there are a lot of people eating crow tonight. You played a real good team tonight and had them down by two TD's twice in the game. You never gave up and played hard till the end and that's the main thing. Great job guy's. What happened to the 43 to 18 romp! Chow down nay Sayers.
Huge win for Powell, Huge loss for Magoffin! I would have picked Magoffin by at least 3 td's. IMO no way Magoffin should have lost this game but congrats to Powell co..
Not trying to offend but where in the world was Magoffin's D at in this one?
[quote=MR.PERFECT]Huge win for Powell, Huge loss for Magoffin! I would have picked Magoffin by at least 3 td's. IMO no way Magoffin should have lost this game but congrats to Powell co..
Not trying to offend but where in the world was Magoffin's D at in this one?[/QU

Not making any excuses cause powell played a good game, but Magoffins starting middle line backer was out sick, so that hurt them bad.
Neither team was impressive.MC was more impressive on offense by far but had NO D showup.
big blue fan Wrote:[quote=MR.PERFECT]Huge win for Powell, Huge loss for Magoffin! I would have picked Magoffin by at least 3 td's. IMO no way Magoffin should have lost this game but congrats to Powell co..
Not trying to offend but where in the world was Magoffin's D at in this one?[/QU

Not making any excuses cause powell played a good game, but Magoffins starting middle line backer was out sick, so that hurt them bad.

... And Powell's only day of practice was on Friday.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:Neither team was impressive.MC was more impressive on offense by far but had NO D showup.
More impressive "by far"? How did PC score 49 points?
You have got to be kidding me.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:[quote=big blue fan]

... And Powell's only day of practice was on Friday.
I saw a bunch of them at the Mount Sterling downtown gym during the week running and so it wasn't like they wasn't in shape.
neverwas Wrote:More impressive "by far"? How did PC score 49 points?
The "Belly".
Strikeout King Wrote:those was his stats coming in to tonights game with Powell

i dont know the stats he had on the night. there still yet to post the score on the KHSAA Website
He was 17 for 35 for 387 yds 6 TDs.
We really helped him though. We were in Man to Man most of the night. I love my boys but we are not a Man to Man D. When we went to cover 4 half way thru the 4th...He had next to zero passing yds. I will give him this though..He can through the ball very well. 2 times we had great coverage that his WRs just took the ball away from us for 2 of the TDs. It will be a game that will not soon be forgotten.
Congrats to Powell
Congrats PC. Coach Tony Burchett has been around some good coaches, in the means of Matney, And Chuke. Tony is a good coach and person and will get the most out of those boys. Keep it up COACH!
no excuse for us givin up that many rushin yards just because one player was out we didnt practice with huim so its not like we didnt kno he wasnt playin congrats to powell heck of a game
Pages: 1 2