Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Bellevue's Ricky Buckler break the School's Career Rushing Record?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ricky Buckler has averaged over 200 yards rushing over the past 5 games and has had a whale of a career at Bellevue. The school's career rushing leader is Mike Sutkamp who graduated in 1981 and rushed for 4,963 yards. He had a state record 487 carries in 1981, a year in which the Tigers were State Runner-up.

Buckler has 3,950 yards after last night's 301 yard performance against Dayton. The Tigers have 3 remaining regular season games against Ludlow, Beechwood and Lloyd. They likely will play a minimum of 2 playoff games. This gives him probably 5 more games to get 1,014 yards. If he continues to average over 200 yards or he has a couple of blowout games like last night I think this is doable.

Personally I think the Tigers have a shot at beating Beechwood this season but even if they don't it is likely they get the 2 seed and play their first playoff game at home. Regardless if Buckler breaks the record or not, this kid is only 5'7 150lbs and he is tough as nails and has had an awesome career at Bellevue. His Dad and Uncle both were very fine football players at Bellevue and the talent obviously runs in the family.
Goodluck , hes got a large task on hand but im sure he is more worried about winning ball games than his own stats, but if he continues to put a team effort in then his yards will come easy.
No, Beechwood will stuff him at least twice. He'll get his 200 against Ludlow, probably against Lloyd. In the playoffs, whoever they play (Ludlow) they will be focussed to stop him especialy if he go 200 the first time. Then it would be Beechwood again. I think he gets 600 yards easily in the next 5, but its a stretch to give him another 400. That said, what an incredible season and career. When you put yourself with the same names as guys like Sutkamp and Miller, this is worthy.
I think the talent is there, but the time may be a bit short. He'd need a couple of almost 300 yard games, and I think it would be shortsighted to run him to death with the playoffs looming. If ever there was a year that Beechwood was vulnerable, this seems like it could be it.
^ agreed
Well I think he will go off for a bunch of yards against Ludlow and Lloyd and probably the first round game of the playoffs will be a weaker team so in those 3 games he could probably average 200. The tougher games are going to be Beechwood and the 2nd round playoff game if they make it that far. Last season they were knocked out by Gallatin Co in the first roiund.