Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 49 Ryle 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HOWS THE CROW TASTE BOYS? You know who you are. :lmao:
Yup, I sure do. This time I'm convinced. SK outplayed Ryle in all areas of the game tonight. Offensively and defensively they were the better team. At one point I walked downstairs to talk to my wife and when I came up the score had gone from 28-14 to 42-14,:yikes: and I have no idea how it happened. My hat is off to Simon Kenton, but I'm going to donate my meal to a food bank.
Ok lets call this all a truce you have your team I have mine. I agree your team is great and mine is on the right path to that level. Truce between us?:igiveup:
neerfan Wrote:Ok lets call this all a truce you have your team I have mine. I agree your team is great and mine is on the right path to that level. Truce between us?:igiveup:

:ChairHit::ChairHit: But I enjoy this so much.:HitWall::HitWall:
Sure. Works for me. Best of luck in 6A.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Yup, I sure do. This time I'm convinced. SK outplayed Ryle in all areas of the game tonight. Offensively and defensively they were the better team. At one point I walked downstairs to talk to my wife and when I came up the score had gone from 28-14 to 42-14,:yikes: and I have no idea how it happened. My hat is off to Simon Kenton, but I'm going to donate my meal to a food bank.

I second that, SK has proved it to me. I was real impressed with their play tonight, I'll jump on the band wagon with you now.
Congrats SK!
It looks like SK is the top dog in NKY out of the 6A schools.

Congrats!
This was a win-win for me. I didn't care who won. Simon Kenton dominated...particularly Simpson and Lawrence. Simpson is a man among boys. Ryle has their bright spots, but they have a lot to work on. I still think they are 2 in NKY 6A. Coaching staff has some stuff they need to reevalutate. Elliott is great, really. But you have to have other options. When you go to Eubanks, or pass to Fugate *who needed to catch those balls!*, or go to Nichols *wow, that works!?* it opens up Elliott. Hempel had some issues passing tonight, but again, his line has issues with the big D of SK and the conditions weren't stellar for a passing game. For any game really lol. So there are things to work on as far as the coaching staff goes and obviously as far as the players go, but I see hope in Ryle. SK is dominating at this point though...
Other things I wanted to address:

Qryche when you read this, I agree with you. Elliott will make a great fullback. I don't see him at RB at the D1 level. I've said that for a while. Put on 35-40 pounds and he's good to go at FB in college. But he's a really good high school RB. He isn't Simpson status, who is leaps and bounds the best RB in KY I don't care who says otherwise, and he isn't Collinsworth who is behind Simpson by a margin. But he is third, and he is good. Call it one dimensional, but I'd take it anyday.

Also, SK and Highlands would be an amazing matchup. I'd love to see it. Too bad it isn't happening lol.
drizzy Wrote:Other things I wanted to address:

Qryche when you read this, I agree with you. Elliott will make a great fullback. I don't see him at RB at the D1 level. I've said that for a while. Put on 35-40 pounds and he's good to go at FB in college. But he's a really good high school RB. He isn't Simpson status, who is leaps and bounds the best RB in KY I don't care who says otherwise, and he isn't Collinsworth who is behind Simpson by a margin. But he is third, and he is good. Call it one dimensional, but I'd take it anyday.

Also, SK and Highlands would be an amazing matchup. I'd love to see it. Too bad it isn't happening lol.

It would be a fun match up, But SK would not be able to put 8 in the box agianst HHS.
neerfan Wrote:HOWS THE CROW TASTE BOYS? You know who you are. :lmao:

I am a believer now. I still cant believe they lost at home to Henry Clay. I know Clay has speed but I was really impressed with the speed of the SK defense.
congrats to sk
great win, but what's with the chest thumps and first down signals? on T.V....Still, Miles is the premier back in NKY. No doubt about it.....
drizzy Wrote:This was a win-win for me. I didn't care who won. Simon Kenton dominated...particularly Simpson and Lawrence. Simpson is a man among boys. Ryle has their bright spots, but they have a lot to work on. I still think they are 2 in NKY 6A. Coaching staff has some stuff they need to reevalutate. Elliott is great, really. But you have to have other options. When you go to Eubanks, or pass to Fugate *who needed to catch those balls!*, or go to Nichols *wow, that works!?* it opens up Elliott. Hempel had some issues passing tonight, but again, his line has issues with the big D of SK and the conditions weren't stellar for a passing game. For any game really lol. So there are things to work on as far as the coaching staff goes and obviously as far as the players go, but I see hope in Ryle. SK is dominating at this point though...

I'm having a tough time understanding this. Ryle put up 29 points, and you are stating that they need to do something differently on offense? Scoring 29 does not tell me the change needs to be on the offensive side of the ball. Last night was a continued demonstration of Ryle's inability to stop the other team. No one was going to stop Simpson last night, but last night was just another example of the holes on the defensive side of the ball.

Hats off to both teams. Ryle did prove that they are an exceptional offensive team. Elliott is a gifted a runner as anyone in the state. Ryle competed for a period of time before the Pioneers exposed the Raider's D. Simon Kenton is for real. I've been impressed with this "team" not just Miles for a long time. Chad Lawrence has proven he is a leader. Much of the publicity will go to Simpson and all the numbers that he is racking up, but to me the real glue is Lawrence.
Simpson leads Pioneers
By Ryan Ernst • [email]rernst@enquirer.com[/email] • October 8, 2009

• • Print • ShareThis • Type: A A • Click-2-Listen
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...310080075/

During last season’s storybook season, the Simon Kenton football team snuck into the playoffs on its way to a Class 6A state runner-up finish.

Nowadays, the Pioneers aren’t sneaking up on anybody.

Simon Kenton cemented its place as Northern Kentucky’s big school to beat with a 49-29 victory over Ryle on Thursday night.

• Photos: Pioneers 49, Raiders 29

“It’s kind of scary,” Simon Kenton coach Jeff Marksberry said of his team’s position. “We have to stay focused and we have to make sure nobody sneaks up on us. Complacency’s a bad thing. And now we’ve got to fight it. We’re in a good place, but we can’t be too happy.”

The Pioneers and Raiders entered the game ranked second and third respectively in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll. But from early in the game, it was obvious that much more separates the teams than one spot in the polls.

Behind a record-breaking performance from senior running back Miles Simpson, the Pioneers led 42-7 heading into the third quarter.

The Mr. Football candidate ran for 275 yards and scored four touchdowns. In the process he broke the school career rushing record of 3,637 yards set by Daniel Morrison in 2000. Simpson now has 3,824 career yards

He gained his yards through gaping holes and on exhilarating make-’em-miss runs. The highlight came midway through the third quarter. Facing a third-and-8 from the Ryle 22-yard line, Simpson took a handoff, broke three backfield tackles, then sprinted down the Simon Kenton sideline for a touchdown.

“Miles Simpson,” said Ryle coach Bryson Warner, “is unreal.”

“He’s ridiculous,” said Marksberry. “At one point (assistant coach), Steve Burns said, ‘I don’t even know why we design things. We just need to turn around and hand him the ball.”

Simpson, who was hampered by an ankle injury earlier in the season, has rushed for 704 yards and scored 14 touchdowns in his last three games.

“When I was injured I was kind of down because I didn’t know if I’d make it back,” Simpson said. “... It’s great to get some of those yards back.”

Simpson and quarterback Chad Lawrence provided most of the offense. Lawrence ran for 187 yards and two scores and threw for two more touchdowns.

But the defense also shined. The Pioneers sacked Ryle quarterback Conner Hempel seven times. Junior linebacker Austin Baldwin had 3.5 of the sacks.

“All week in practice we ran what they were going to run,” Baldwin said. “We went out and executed. Those plays gave us confidence and took some of their confidence away.”

The Pioneers, who entered last year’s playoffs as a No. 4 seed, sit in sole possession of first place in the Class 6A district. After losing a key district matchup 42-7 to Boone County on their home field, they won seven straight games – including a playoff upset of Boone County – to reach the state finals.

After Thursday’s loss, Warner reminded his team how Simon Kenton rebounded from a lopsided district defeat.

“They’ve done a great job as a program,” Warner said. “They started believing last year after that Boone County loss. And they haven’t stopped since.”
Ryle 0 0 7 22 –29
Simon Kenton 14 8 20 7 –49

SK – Lawrence 4 run (Repka kick)
SK – Reilly 36 pass from place Lawrence (Repka kick)
SK – Simpson 26 run (Carroll run)
R – Hempel 1 run (Pederson kick)
SK – Simpson 22 run (run failed)
SK – Simpson 42 pass from Lawrence (Repka kick)
R – Eubank 2 pass from Hempel (Pederson kick)
R – Eubank 10 run (Elliott run)
SK – Simpson 55 run (Repka kick)
R – Eubank 9 pass from Hempel (Pederson kick)
 Records: SK 6-1; R 5-2

Kentucky.com
I said earlier that I felt SK will win state this year. I said that after thier state game last year and I hope they can do it.