Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SK Ryle updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so far I am Impressed with Lawrence of SK, and SK's D. Very disappointed in the way Ryle's D is standing around and awful tackling. 14-0 early in the game, with SK on top.
It's now 22-0. Simon Kenton is moving the ball VERY easily against Ryle. Over 200 yards and it's not even halfway through the 2nd quarter.:popcorn:
I have to say that I'm a huge fan of SK and have never doubted their football team, but I'm surprised by how ugly this game is getting. It works well for me because I hate Ryle. Their kids talk way too much smack and I hate it. Ryle is getting torched! :flame:
I wouldn't count Ryle out just yet.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I wouldn't count Ryle out just yet.

You can't count any team out at halftime. However, as long as SK's offense can run the clock down and score some points, I don't think Ryle's new offensive surge will be much of a threat.
I think you can count Ryle out now. I yet to see anything promising.

SK 28 vs. Ryle 7
Simon Kenton 35

Ryle 7
I love it! SK - 35, Ryle - 7. This game is turning out to be ugly, but in a good way for me!
SK is clearly out coaching Ryle. SK is putting 8 in the box and Ryle has no answer (poor passing by Ryle QB). I am more impressed with Lawrence than Miles, the kid has some nice moves. Miles looks alot like Highlands Collingsworth, he makes alot of quick cuts and makes people miss. This is turning into a laugher, 42-7.
Forget this game switch it over to espn2 if you want to see a real high school football game!
Simpson is unbelievable. Lawrence is good, yeah...but Simpson is something else. Not to mention, I was a bit turned off by Lawrence's celebration after his TD..pointing at the sky, crowd, every which way he could, pounding his chest like George of the Jungle...eh, not my style. Simpson does it with class. Simon Kenton is the real deal...much better than last year. Wow. I really thought Ryle would give them more...it seems Ryle and Conner are just that much farther behind this year.

Elliott can't do everything on his own, and Ryle's blocking is absolute pathetic. Hempel is having trouble throwing the ball because A] it's wet. B] He has a man in his face the second he gets the ball. Can't blame him for all of that. I'm feelin for him. His line is awful. Eubanks has had glimmering moments, but you can't just rely on Elliott and that is the coaching staffs fault.
Simpson still in the game playing on D with 42-7 lead. Need to put him on the bench, no need for him to be out there and take a chance on getting hurt.
Sk's Defense is unreal and Simpson/Lawrence 1/2 punch is putting it to the Raiders. Elliot is one dimensional and Hempel cant get a good pass off. They had some success getting the ball in Keifer Eubank's hands early. He seems to be the only Raider with elusive moves. Elliot takes too many hits and it will catch up with him later in his career.
qryche11 Wrote:Sk's Defense is unreal and Simpson/Lawrence 1/2 punch is putting it to the Raiders. Elliot is one dimensional and Hempel cant get a good pass off. They had some success getting the ball in Keifer Eubank's hands early. He seems to be the only Raider with elusive moves. Elliot takes too many hits and it will catch up with him later in his career.

I'd have to say you're wrong. Elliott is a darn good RB. He is nowhere near Simpson. But he is darn good. I do agree Eubanks has had some good runs and they need to go to him more. It is the coaches fault not the players though...the coach chooses only to go to Elliott, and Elliott can only do so much.

Fugate needs to catch balls. Hempel has thrown some goooood balls, but they haven't been caught. He has thrown some bad ones too, but think of the elements? Obviously. And the blocking is awful.

Sk defense and offense is unreal, agreed.

And the Tate Nichols catch was pretty good just a second ago lol. Funny. They need to do stuff like that some more.
drizzy Wrote:I'd have to say you're wrong. Elliott is a darn good RB. He is nowhere near Simpson. But he is darn good. I do agree Eubanks has had some good runs and they need to go to him more. It is the coaches fault not the players though...the coach chooses only to go to Elliott, and Elliott can only do so much.

Fugate needs to catch balls. Hempel has thrown some goooood balls, but they haven't been caught. He has thrown some bad ones too, but think of the elements? Obviously. And the blocking is awful.

Sk defense and offense is unreal, agreed.

And the Tate Nichols catch was pretty good just a second ago lol. Funny. They need to do stuff like that some more.

Every time I have seen Ryle play this year, I have questioned the coaching. I guess Cov Cath knew what they were doing when they did not hire him. I am still questioning why Simpson is still in the game with under 4 mins to go, would hate to see him get hurt when the game has already been decided.
sstack Wrote:Every time I have seen Ryle play this year, I have questioned the coaching. I guess Cov Cath knew what they were doing when they did not hire him. I am still questioning why Simpson is still in the game with under 4 mins to go, would hate to see him get hurt when the game has already been decided.

Yeah, doesn't always make good adjustments.

Good to see Ryle make a better game of it than Conner did though.
Is Ryle's D that bad or is SK this good?
drizzy...I dont remember saying Elliot wasnt a good back. I said that he was one dimensional. Show me where he isnt tonight, especially. He runs with power and tries to run over everyone in his way. His lateral speed is so so but like Lapham is saying on the air, when he squares his shoulders he is a load. He will be a nice fullback in college but outside of that I dont see him having the Div 1 speed to be a RB. I think he packs on more pounds and muscle and is a very very good FB in college. JMO though.
He's nothing but a freight train. No moves. lots of power and steam. I agree that this kid won't last long with that type of running.
Miles Simpson is trying to make a statement tonight that he is the best RB in the Commonwealth. 21 carries for 258 yrds and 3 TD's midway through 4th...WOW
How did SK lose to Henry Clay at home?
I get bragging rights for the second time in high school! SK smoked Ryle. Ryle made the end interesting, but SK was subbing people in and out in the fourth quarter. Go Pioneers!
congrads SK! You looked very good tonight, D shut down the run and Ryle had no answer. You are the number 1 6A team in NKY. What grade is Lawrence in? Number 50 on D for SK also played a good game. Would like to see SK take out the starters earlier and let next years players get some experience, that is what will help keep your team on top year after year.