Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Biggest turn around of the year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which team has had the biggest turn around this season (good or bad) in your opinions?
No doubt Lawrence County on the good side.

I would have to say Breathitt or Johnson Central for the worse.
As of today I would say for the positive Lawrence County and for the negative Breathitt County. Now the bobcats have time to change this. The other possible negative might be Johnson Central but with their schedule I'm not sure that would hold much water. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens at the end of the month.
LCbulldogs Wrote:No doubt Lawrence County on the good side.

I would have to say Breathitt or Johnson Central for the worse.
Looks like we're thinking the same.:Thumbs:
Estill County (Good)

Breathitt County (Bad)

Powell County (Bad)
Johnson County does have a hard schedule. They made the jump up in school size and scheduled a lot of hard opponents, but they lost a lot of good players. I've never personally liked JC's coaching staff; apparently a lot of JC players didn't either... and quit.
what about valley they have a high powerd offense and 3 of the best backs in the state.........bj roberts who won wymt player in the state last week...and dillion hughs who leads the state in rushing in 2a and has already broke the 1,000 yard mark....they also have tanner tackett a very tough back that starts middle linebacker....and hits very hard....and their qb cody varney has a very strong arm and can run the ball like a back.....the whole wildcats team is impressive and have improved since last year...mark my words they could very well suprise alot of people...and mabey even a state championship....if they play like they r capeable of.
somerset......new coach,great team...thought they might struggle this year but they get better each game.
Allen Central (Very Good)
Johnson Central (Bad)
Breathitt County (Bad)
I think Lawrence County has done the best in turning around their seasons.
I think East Ridge and Phelps have had better seasons then in the past. Im sure the sucess wont stop this season either.
This is a no-brainer. Lawrence Co has had the best turnaround of any team this year or maybe even in several years. Not many teams can say they went 0-whatever and start the following year out at 6-0 and could possibly run the table until the playoffs. I realize their schedule may not be what it was the past couple of years but that still shouldn't take away from the season that LC is having this year.

On the bad end you have to say Breathitt Co. This is a team that was ranked pre-season #1 in the mountains and was a hands down favorite to make it to Bowling Green in 3A. With Fugate and Haddix running the show, everyone figured BC to blow eastern KY teams out of the water. Sadly enough, it just didn't happen. BC became too dependent on Fugate and things went downhill early.
East Ridge...I know the win column doesn't show it, but they are leaps and bounds beter that last year. They have played some really stiff competition, and I think they have played well. Lawrence ran through them but besides that, East Ridge has played with everybody else. Grundy won 27-0 but I do believe if they played now it would be a lil different....

No Doubt the bad side has to be Breathitt....but the season isn't over yet.
king360 Wrote:Which team has had the biggest turn around this season (good or bad) in your opinions?

I would have to say Butler - they were 2-9 last year - this year are 6-0 - but the Bears have St. X this week.
Homer Time.:Clap: umm West Jessamine ohhh wait we haven't played any one right? ask spencer county uk was there looking at there #11, ask punky Western Hills whos punk coach wont post the stats for that game we did take a look he,s humiliated and needs to be fired, btw the do have Dylon Mcurry i think thats his name didnt he sghn with lousivile? ask Madison southern dont laugh Rico Brown is the real deal western kentucky stole him. great kid great parents yeah i talked to them there not haters. well coached just not enough horses in the stable but the always play hard.
rebel84 Wrote:Allen Central (Very Good)
Johnson Central (Bad)
Breathitt County (Bad)

While I think AC has made a great turnaround- it has been more gradual- over the past 3-4 years. Lawrence on the other hand has gone from 0-11 to 6-0 -- definitely a turn around. Breathitt may not be doing what was expected of them- but the season ain't over yet. The slow start may fool some teams come play off time when they overlook the bobcats.
no body showing the commodores any love?? perry central to be mentioned in this thread. would also like to brag on shelby valley, theyve showed lots of improvement.
Lawrence County with the biggest turn around.
Breathitt-Bad
Perry-Good
Johnson Central-Bad
North Laurel-Good
Whitley Co.-Bad
ballin23 Wrote:what about valley they have a high powerd offense and 3 of the best backs in the state.........bj roberts who won wymt player in the state last week...and dillion hughs who leads the state in rushing in 2a and has already broke the 1,000 yard mark....they also have tanner tackett a very tough back that starts middle linebacker....and hits very hard....and their qb cody varney has a very strong arm and can run the ball like a back.....the whole wildcats team is impressive and have improved since last year...mark my words they could very well suprise alot of people...and mabey even a state championship....if they play like they r capeable of.

they have all that because they have played NO ONE but LC and then got spanked, no way even close could they win state, p-burg will spank them like a red headed step child, if they beat them, then come and talk to me and i will say i am WRONG, but dont get ur hopes up, cause it wont happen..
lawrence county biggest turn around
breathitt bigest bust as of now.
good luck turning it around
BCF4L Wrote:This is a no-brainer. Lawrence Co has had the best turnaround of any team this year or maybe even in several years. Not many teams can say they went 0-whatever and start the following year out at 6-0 and could possibly run the table until the playoffs. I realize their schedule may not be what it was the past couple of years but that still shouldn't take away from the season that LC is having this year.

On the bad end you have to say Breathitt Co. This is a team that was ranked pre-season #1 in the mountains and was a hands down favorite to make it to Bowling Green in 3A. With Fugate and Haddix running the show, everyone figured BC to blow eastern KY teams out of the water. Sadly enough, it just didn't happen. BC became too dependent on Fugate and things went downhill early.
I agree 100%!!!!
cuppett777 Wrote:they have all that because they have played NO ONE but LC and then got spanked, no way even close could they win state, p-burg will spank them like a red headed step child, if they beat them, then come and talk to me and i will say i am WRONG, but dont get ur hopes up, cause it wont happen..
well if u think about it lc is a 4a school aginst valleys 2a .....and i have no doubt that they can beat p-burg....by the way who has p-burg played other than belfry which was a very close game....and hopefully u do know that there r 5 state championships 1 for 1a, 1 for 2a , 1 for 3a , 1 for 4a and 1 for 5a ....valley is only a 2a school and can probably match up with any other 2a school in the state......they will win the 2A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP....i cant wait 2 see them play....:ChairHit:
You have to throw Holmes in the conversation. They haven't won more than 4 games since I believe 2003 and they are currently 6-1 and SHOULD finish the season 9-1 and win their district. Pretty solid if you ask me.
Perry Central-Good
Breathitt Co-Bad