Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Verizon Wireless
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Could you use it around here?
Yes you can, I just started using Verizon about 2 months ago (sorry BCF4L) and so far it has been great. They do in fact use Appalachian's towers so your service is every bit as good if not better nearly everywhere. The only downfall is if you get a Blackberry you have to wait to go to either Lexington, Cincy, Huntington, Louisville, etc. to have the internet connect because here it is technically under roaming at first but that doesn't affect your bill. Once you go into one of those cities because it is already a verizon coverage area it will automatically send you a message saying it has been activated and so forth.
i use verizon here in irvine. get okay service
Verizon is great here. Excellent service.
I have been thinking about going to Verizon, I have At&t right now
BlackcatFootball Wrote:Yes you can, I just started using Verizon about 2 months ago (sorry BCF4L) and so far it has been great. They do in fact use Appalachian's towers so your service is every bit as good if not better nearly everywhere. The only downfall is if you get a Blackberry you have to wait to go to either Lexington, Cincy, Huntington, Louisville, etc. to have the internet connect because here it is technically under roaming at first but that doesn't affect your bill. Once you go into one of those cities because it is already a verizon coverage area it will automatically send you a message saying it has been activated and so forth.
It's all good my brotha. Verizon customers coming into our area really helps our company out as well considering they pay us for every minute used in their time in our area. Same thing goes for when we have customers going into Verizon's area, we have to pay them a rate for our customers using their towers. So technically, we are more partners than competitors.

As far as the Blackberry deal, that's kind of odd because they can also roam data off of us so I don't understand why the Blackberry wouldn't work in this area. Everything should work as if you were using a Verizon tower. May want to check with Verizon to see what may be the problem there.
It works now just had to get to one of those areas to where it would activate, don't know why but its all good.