Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands 42 Simon Kenton 0 Frosh Final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wow, I didnt expect a blowout. This was played at Highlands and the Birds are also still without he services of Jac Collinsworth their star RB.
wow, so much for a SK dynasty......Looks as if they are riding on Simpson's coat tails.....
Let me take you back in time. To a time that Highlands fans like yourself sstack, can u dig it and whackem and stackem all said a great freshman team means nothing to a program. That was a time when SK had its first undefeated team is school history, a time when SK had beat Highlands not once but twice in the same season, also a time when Miles Simpson and Jordan Hansel were all ready gone from the freshman program. That year was the 2007 season. Our freshman were undefeated 11 and 0, they beat Highlands in the regular season easily, they beat Highlands in the freshman championship easily(under Mueller calling the shots in that game also), they showed very poor sportsmanship when losing in the championship game. But the funny part was they way people like you guys all posted that it means nothing and Highlands just beat themselves. Now all of a sudden it means something? So hypocritical just like most people would expect from fans from this school. This group of freshman will be together again as sseniors next season with all but one of them still playing. No Simpson,no Hansel and no problem.:lmao:
neerfan Wrote:Let me take you back in time. To a time that Highlands fans like yourself sstack, can u dig it and whackem and stackem all said a great freshman team means nothing to a program. That was a time when SK had its first undefeated team is school history, a time when SK had beat Highlands not once but twice in the same season, also a time when Miles Simpson and Jordan Hansel were all ready gone from the freshman program. That year was the 2007 season. Our freshman were undefeated 11 and 0, they beat Highlands in the regular season easily, they beat Highlands in the freshman championship easily(under Mueller calling the shots in that game also), they showed very poor sportsmanship when losing in the championship game. But the funny part was they way people like you guys all posted that it means nothing and Highlands just beat themselves. Now all of a sudden it means something? So hypocritical just like most people would expect from fans from this school. This group of freshman will be together again as sseniors next season with all but one of them still playing. No Simpson,no Hansel and no problem.:lmao:

Hey, I've got no problem with you taking the mentioned posters to task. They irritate the heck out of me also at times with some of the posts they make. It's almost like they relish making Highlands' fans look arrogant. I don't know who those folks are, but their posts make me wonder if they ever donned a Highlands football uniform. I did and we were taught to respect our opponents, regardless of whether we lost to them or beat them. But don't lump every Highlands fan in their category. They are not the typical Highlands fan.

Lose with class, win with class.
SK has a very athletic Frosh class with Swanson at QB and Sampson at LB I'm assuming. I believe they had a few 1's out due to sickness including Sampson but still a nice victory by the Birds. They too are without the services of their top ball carrier Jac C. Neerfan I remember that 2007 team and didn't SK lose the best player on that team to another school?
How dare you lump me in with the likes of double stack and diggit. And I'm glad Chuck gave all of us the criteria for being classy poster's; chin straps, highlands uniforms, kids must play, review game tapes, talk to Dale daily for updates and be politically correct so as not to tarnish the vision of who he wants this team to be. If we could all be Chuck, just think of how much fun it would be reading these posts... yeah, exactly....Like Sgt. Hulka said, "Lighten up, Francis."
:eyeroll:
neerfan Wrote:Let me take you back in time. To a time that Highlands fans like yourself sstack, can u dig it and whackem and stackem all said a great freshman team means nothing to a program. That was a time when SK had its first undefeated team is school history, a time when SK had beat Highlands not once but twice in the same season, also a time when Miles Simpson and Jordan Hansel were all ready gone from the freshman program. That year was the 2007 season. Our freshman were undefeated 11 and 0, they beat Highlands in the regular season easily, they beat Highlands in the freshman championship easily(under Mueller calling the shots in that game also), they showed very poor sportsmanship when losing in the championship game. But the funny part was they way people like you guys all posted that it means nothing and Highlands just beat themselves. Now all of a sudden it means something? So hypocritical just like most people would expect from fans from this school. This group of freshman will be together again as sseniors next season with all but one of them still playing. No Simpson,no Hansel and no problem.:lmao:

Highlands showed poor sportsmanship? Wasn't it that freshman championship game that one the ref's had to quiet Simon Kentons announcer for being completely obnoxious?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:How dare you lump me in with the likes of double stack and diggit. And I'm glad Chuck gave all of us the criteria for being classy poster's; chin straps, highlands uniforms, kids must play, review game tapes, talk to Dale daily for updates and be politically correct so as not to tarnish the vision of who he wants this team to be. If we could all be Chuck, just think of how much fun it would be reading these posts... yeah, exactly....Like Sgt. Hulka said, "Lighten up, Francis."

You may not like it but "Chuck" certainly makes a good point.:Thumbs:
Lets keep this thread civil please.
charlie22 Wrote:Hey, I've got no problem with you taking the mentioned posters to task. They irritate the heck out of me also at times with some of the posts they make. It's almost like they relish making Highlands' fans look arrogant. I don't know who those folks are, but their posts make me wonder if they ever donned a Highlands football uniform. I did and we were taught to respect our opponents, regardless of whether we lost to them or beat them. But don't lump every Highlands fan in their category. They are not the typical Highlands fan.

Nope, lacked anything resembling size until midway through my freshman year of college. BUT, I did learn to fight fire with fire, both on the field and off. Hence my "relationship" with Neerfan.
Oh, yeah. Sorry if I sullied your saintly vision of yourself as a Highlands fan, Chuckles.:eyeroll:
Bottom line: Whoever honestly believes that one man's opinion on Bluegrass Rivals is representative of an entire fan base is an idiot.....Including the individuals who try and protect the image of that fan base.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Bottom line: Whoever honestly believes that one man's opinion on Bluegrass Rivals is representative of an entire fan base is an idiot.....Including the individuals who try and protect the image of that fan base.

That is a great point.
How bout that freshman game? Lol
get your facts right! I never said anything about freshmen football meaning nothing. The only comment I have ever made about freshmen football is about HHS QB looking good.
charlie22 Wrote:Hey, I've got no problem with you taking the mentioned posters to task. They irritate the heck out of me also at times with some of the posts they make. It's almost like they relish making Highlands' fans look arrogant. I don't know who those folks are, but their posts make me wonder if they ever donned a Highlands football uniform. I did and we were taught to respect our opponents, regardless of whether we lost to them or beat them. But don't lump every Highlands fan in their category. They are not the typical Highlands fan.

Yes I donned a HHS football uniform (only 5 loses, and state championship during my 3 years of varsity and yes I started my senior year), but I did not know that was a requirement to be a high school football fan. I would love to know what I have posted that has ticked you off so much? I know I must have hit a nerve over the Towles posts, But I was respectfully giving my opinion.I was not overly hard on this kid and even gave him credit for improving and being able to lead this team the rest of the year. I have not been arragent about HHS either and ask you to show me where I have. I have not been rude like others have been to me (NCC who you are standing up for was calling me ignorant among other names, and Neerfan has had rude comments before also). I do not always agree with others opinions,but I do not start name calling. Sounds like you now dislike me because I do not agree with you. At least I state my thoughts and do not sugar coat everything like you. You make every opponent of HHS sound like world beaters before they play. I have 2 daughters who play soccer and run cross country (HHS's top varsity runner)and I always tell them 2 things before each game/race;have fun and always tell the other team/runner good game/race wether you win or lose. I teach them respect and I have shown respect on this site. I know this is not the place, but maybe you can PM and let me know what it is that you think I did that was so bad?
Get the message here, Chuck? You do have a tendency to twist words.
tradition Wrote::eyeroll:

Highlands showed poor sportsmanship? Wasn't it that freshman championship game that one the ref's had to quiet Simon Kentons announcer for being completely obnoxious?

Yes it was that game. But I guess you forgot what got Mr. Deters so upset? Maybe it was the 3 personal fouls in the last few minutes of the game. Maybe it was the last one where Cody Harold kick the point after, the whistles blew and he turned to walk back to the sidelines and a lineman hit him in the back at the knees well after the whistles blew. Yes that is bad sportsmanship. Yes Mr. Deters voiced his opinion over the speaker more as a concerned parent who had achild on the field. That is irrelevant to the fact of the personal fouls one after the other against Highlands when they realized the had lost the game. And Dale was right there on the sidelines.
sstack Wrote:Yes I donned a HHS football uniform (only 5 loses, and state championship during my 3 years of varsity and yes I started my senior year), but I did not know that was a requirement to be a high school football fan. I would love to know what I have posted that has ticked you off so much? I know I must have hit a nerve over the Towles posts, But I was respectfully giving my opinion.I was not overly hard on this kid and even gave him credit for improving and being able to lead this team the rest of the year. I have not been arragent about HHS either and ask you to show me where I have. I have not been rude like others have been to me (NCC who you are standing up for was calling me ignorant among other names, and Neerfan has had rude comments before also). I do not always agree with others opinions,but I do not start name calling. Sounds like you now dislike me because I do not agree with you. At least I state my thoughts and do not sugar coat everything like you. You make every opponent of HHS sound like world beaters before they play. I have 2 daughters who play soccer and run cross country (HHS's top varsity runner)and I always tell them 2 things before each game/race;have fun and always tell the other team/runner good game/race wether you win or lose. I teach them respect and I have shown respect on this site. I know this is not the place, but maybe you can PM and let me know what it is that you think I did that was so bad?

Here was my post you are referring to. "This was probably the most inaccurate post I've ever seen on this site. It makes you wonder what the motivation of the poster was. First of all Towles throws bullets. Even the most novel of observers would tell you that. His arm strength is certainly indicative of someone who could play at the next level. If Highlands cuts him loose in the first half of that game he may have thrown for 5 or 6 touchdowns. I think Mueller was very smart to get him acclimated before he took the reigns off. Perhaps what is more indicative of your bias or ignorance in judging talent is your comment that he will be a fair QB. If I'm correct he had only 4 days of practice as the number one QB. He's good right now. I've heard people in "the know" at Highlands call him a young Bardo. I think when Towles is a senior those comparisons will certainly be able to be made. I give your comments and judgment little credence, but that's up to the people who read the post on this site to make those judgments. Austin Collinsworth's statement, "Patrick had a heck of a game,” said Collinsworth. “He’s going to be our quarterback and we believe in him,” carries significant more weight.

Look at what I posted and look what you posted. What name did I call you? Where are the other names I called you?
tradition Wrote::eyeroll:

One more thing I dont know where you are from, but where i am from the comment made and I quote was "come on Highlands you need to get this under control" is not in any way obnoxious. This was made after the third personal foul within minutes of the game ending and there was no chance for Highlands victory. If you are gonna bring it up make sure you got it right. i have it on DVD if you would like to see and hear it for yourself.
You all are being silly.

Charlie22 makes a valid point.

And lumping all fans into one group isn't right.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lets keep this thread civil please.

As you request.
Just kill it. Not much on the game that I missed.
Congrats Birds