Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Comeback Player of the Year
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear about some kids that have comeback from setbacks such as injury or what have you.

A strong candidate so far this season is Brandon Roller LB for the Highlands Bluebirds. He unfortunately went down in the playoffs last year with a knee injury and had to watch the Birds win the State Crown.

He has had a fantastic year thus far from his LB position with numerous double digit tackle games and several sacks. He is one of the hardest hitters in the state and he hasnt seemed to lost any speed.
Bell Co's RB Cory Davenport broke his arm last year as a freshman starting Varsity that ended his season. He now imo the best RB in the Mountains and maybe the state. He doesnt have large total rushing yards because he never plays a whole game. When he does touch the ball he can always make you think he will be headed to the endzone each and every time. This year Cory has rushed for 801 yards on 97 carries and 14 TD's. Out of 6 games he has only played in the 4th on 2 games. He avg 8 ypc.
That is pretty impressive for a sophomore. Nice story and hope he stays healthy the rest of his career.
Bryan Rankin was out with I think a knee injury last year and has came in and is rushing close to 100 yrds a game for the Commodores
Rashard Carter at Greenup.
Kosar Wrote:Rashard Carter at Greenup.
I agree, after leaving Ashland and coming to Greenup, alot of players would of really been a let down, but he has accepted the challenge and made everyone around him better, he gives 110%, and every time I talk to him, it is yes sir and no sir, and he is a very likeable kid, no he is not Superman, but maybe Flash. :biggrin: