Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: SV RB BJ Roberts named WYMT Player of the week
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley SR RB/OLB BJ Roberts has been named the WYMT student athlete of the week.

BJ is a dynamic athlete that has help lead the wildcats to a #5 ranking in the latest AP poll on offense with 764 rushing yards and 14 total tds.

Last week BJ led the wildcats to a 49-14 region win over Leslie co. BJ led the always strong SV rushing attack with 140 yards/2 tds on only 5 touches. He also caught a 29 yard TD strike from Cody Varney , while also playing hard on Defense for 14 tackles and 2 QB sacks.

The Wildcats are now 5-1, they're best start since 1999, and only loss on the season was to undefeated and 4A power Lawrence Co.

This week is the biggest of the season to date, and SV takes on the 6th ranked team in VA, in Clintwood VA.
Congrats to BJ and the rest of Valley!! keep it up
congrats to BJ. To his teammates this is your award also. In Football it takes all 11 guys to make it work.
Congratulations Mr. Roberts from one of the Sports Guys.
Congrats BJ! Your hard work and dedication to your team is paying off. :Thumbs:
Good luck with the rest of the season and your college visits.

The Valley is proud of you!
all-or-nothing Wrote:Congrats BJ! Your hard work and dedication to your team is paying off. :Thumbs:
Good luck with the rest of the season and your college visits.

The Valley is proud of you!

Who's looking at/showing interest in him?
So far, he has been invited by recruiters to visit EKU, UVA-Wise, Campbellsville, Georgetown, U of Cumberlands, and some others I can't remember.

There's a highlight video on youtube right now, too.....I'm guessing the SV coaching staff created it as a tool for recruiting, but I've not heard that officially. There's one on Dillon Hughes, too. Nice videos....check 'em out.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb-fxxjgB0U"]YouTube - Bj Roberts[/ame]
Congrats BJ!
Congrats BJ
Congrats BJ, great season so far
great job B.J and the rest of the wildcats.good luck friday night.
Liked the interview on WYMT last night....Roberts gave the credit for his rushing yards to the O-Line....said he couldn't get in the end zone if everyone wasn't doing their jobs.......nice :Thumbs:
Great interview on WYMT last night. Congrats even if everyone in Greenup Co. thinks you guys area overrated those of us in LC know better.
Way to go BJ! You and all of the others are making us Valley Fans Proud! Good Luck Friday Night!!! :Thumbs:
congrats BJ...good luck sv!!!
Thanks to everone. This was a great honor but without the team doing their job i would be nothing. But we are ready for tomorrow night and i CAN NOT wait, everyone try to be there, pretty sure that clintwood will bring the entire town
Good luck tomorrow night B.J.!!!