Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals 23, Browns 20 (OT)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought I'd make a thread in case anyone wanted to discuss yesterday's game.

As for my thoughts on the game, let's just say a win is a win. I had been worried about this game ever since the Browns named Derek Anderson the starter, and it turns out I was right. But I had no clue it would have been this close.

The Bengals' entire team played bad yesterday. The offense looked almost as bad as in the season-opening game against Denver. Out of 14 possessions, nine ended with a punt (including seven 3 -and-out's), and there was also an interception. Including the overtime, Cincy had only four drives on which they gained more than 27 yards. Considering they were going against the Browns' defense, this was pitiful.

The defense was disappointing. Despite Cleveland starting their backup RB, Cincy easily had their worst defensive effort of the year. They gave up 146 yards on the ground and 395 overall, against one of the worst offenses in the league.

And the special teams? Ugh. Between getting both a field goal and an extra point blocked, to letting Josh Cribbs run for over 220 return yards, this unit may have been the worst of all.

I suppose in the end it's nice to know the Bengals played like garbage and still got out of the Dump by the Lake with a win. But if they play like this next week, Baltimore will embarrass them.
This game had me upset
game was sloopy. I though both teams played awful. The Bengals are lucky to have won this game. But like you said Cowbell. if they play like this againts the Ravens, then its gonna be nasty!!
I hate the **** Bengals...

Man, we're never goin to win a game Sad...
Brad St. Louis needs to be let go. Thats like 4 bad snaps that couldve cost us the game aready this year.
Bengals are killing me with the late game, 4th down heroics.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Brad St. Louis needs to be let go. Thats like 4 bad snaps that couldve cost us the game aready this year.
Agreed, thats just uncalled for. Next on the list is J Joesph, I'm not a fan of his at all. I hold my breath anytime the ball is thrown to the right side of the field.
The pick he had for a td was basically a blown route thrown right to him. I will give him credit on the pick against Anderson this week on the goal line though.
Not only does St. Louis need to be let go, so does their offensive coordinator, Bob Bratkowski. If you notice, when Carson Palmer is given the ability to call his own plays in the hurry up offense, the Bengals have no problem moving the ball. When Bratkowski is manning the play calling, the Bengals go 3 and out. In Sundays game, after the 2nd possesssion, on 2nd down, every second down we had thru the rest of the game until overtime here is our playcalling:

We ran the ball everytime on 2nd down,except twice.

On 3rd down, every single 3rd down we threw the ball.

You have to mix it up. Our playcalling is like clock work now. It is getting way too predictable.

This all comes from Bob Bratkowski until the 2 minute offense where Carson is the one calling the plays.
Close call for the Bengals. :flame:
You make the call on the Bengals FG to win the game. It's at the 5:20 mark:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2S7XG36nDM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Cincinnati Bengals vs Cleveland Browns 23-20 || Week 4 Highlights[/ame]
Stardust Wrote:You make the call on the Bengals FG to win the game. It's at the 5:20 mark:

Wow he def. missed that lol