Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin County @ Powell County 10/9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This may be a shoot out.
What are your thoughts and predictions?:popcorn:
Magoffin should win this one. I am not sure about making a score because I hear that Powell Is not having any practice this week because of no school. So that is going to really set them back.
I hear they are gonna try to get this game played on Sat. Any truth?
big blue fan Wrote:Magoffin should win this one. I am not sure about making a score because I hear that Powell Is not having any practice this week because of no school. So that is going to really set them back.
Powell County boys and Coach Burchett can't catch a break this year.
big blue fan Wrote:Magoffin should win this one. I am not sure about making a score because I hear that Powell Is not having any practice this week because of no school. So that is going to really set them back.

Lewis County isnt having any school either but were practicing everyday, no school isnt an excuse for not having practice.:dontthink
Powell county has made all practices canceled till Friday October 9th, because if the sickness is going around in school, it wont help at all for us being off if we are still around each other practicing. So yea it will effect them, Kudos to Powell County for using common sense.
MC
neverwas Wrote:Powell County boys and Coach Burchett can't catch a break this year.
Here at Greenup County we practiced Friday morning before we played Rowan Friday night, wish Coach Burchett had stayed at GC, but I do not blame him for leaving, he only bettered himself by becoming a head coach, good luck Pioneer's.
mc wins
Magoffin with the win the coaching staff is doing a great job.
mc 35
powell 18
MC by 3 TDs. Good luck to both teams.
goms33 Wrote:This may be a shoot out.
What are your thoughts and predictions?:popcorn:

Shoot out?:please:More like a blow out.MC wins BIG.
We scrimmaged Powell and I saw Magoffin play. I think it will be a good game but Morgan beat Powell handily and Magoffin beat Morgan. Magoffin 42 Powell 28. Powell just wont be able to stop #1 for Magoffin.
MC-42 Powell-18
Magoffin 42 Powell 8
Mc 24-17
I coached with both of these guys, when we were all in Johnson Co. The class level will be huge. Both coaches are great guys. Both are very knowledgable about football. I see Powell doing well in another year or two, if Coach Burchett is allowed the time that it takes to build.
Powell County boys have been through a lot the past year. Whitaker left them and took two of his staff. Their "star" player's father by chance got a good job in Whitesburg and moved. They have had key injuries this season. The freshmen and sophomores will be okay if they do not get discouraged. You have to feel badly for the seniors. They are great young men and work hard. It is very hard to build excitement and get other athletes out with this going on. Coach Burchett is a great guy and knows his stuff. He will get it done.
The game has been moved to Saturday night @ 7:30... @ Powell Co.

Powell has not been allowed to practice, this week. They will get to practice Friday. Not a lot you can do when a bunch of your kids are sick.
Magoffin in a blow out
bigcoachallen Wrote:The game has been moved to Saturday night @ 7:30... @ Powell Co.

Powell has not been allowed to practice, this week. They will get to practice Friday. Not a lot you can do when a bunch of your kids are sick.
magoffin is playin with sick and hurt players sometimes u gotta toughin up and just play ball
buckeye21 Wrote:magoffin is playin with sick and hurt players sometimes u gotta toughin up and just play ball

It has nothing to do with gettin tough. The school Admin. canceled all after school activity. If you cant practice there is nothing you can do about it.
VLW53 Wrote:It has nothing to do with gettin tough. The school Admin. canceled all after school activity. If you cant practice there is nothing you can do about it.
That is correct. The coaching staff cannot have contact with the team until Friday. Most of the boys are running and lifting on their own off campus. Tough blow but what else can you do?
28-14.Magoffin.