Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: McCreary Central 50 -- Powell Co. 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats MC.

whats wrong with Powell??? i thought they was gonna have a good year from what everyone was saying?
I can’t believe McCreary gave up 30 points to Powell. I knew they would score around 50 but i didnt think they would give up 30 points. sounds like Powell gave them all they wanted. McCreary will have a big game next week when Madison Southern comes to town. the winner of that game will make the playoffs and the loser will not.
Mccreary is a really good team....Congrats...
Powell's offense is not that bad. Defense has been primary problem.
Nice win for MC
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I can’t believe McCreary gave up 30 points to Powell. I knew they would score around 50 but i didnt think they would give up 30 points. sounds like Powell gave them all they wanted. McCreary will have a big game next week when Madison Southern comes to town. the winner of that game will make the playoffs and the loser will not.
Their defense is not very good. Their offense on the other hand is pretty darn good. #21 runs very hard & #23 is quicker than a cat. He didn't play the 2nd half. They said he cussed one of his coaches or something. Coach Gay sat him down.
Strikeout King Wrote:Congrats MC.

whats wrong with Powell??? i thought they was gonna have a good year from what everyone was saying?

Their problem is that 95% of their starters are either Freshman or Sophmores. Their defense is not very good because they are weak and slow right now. But these 15 and 16 year old kids are trying to play against 17 and 18 year old kids. It is just lack of experience both on the field and in the weight room. Powell will have a great program once Coach Burchett has time to build it. Within the next 2 years, I see Powell as a district contender instead of a pretender.
When we scrimmaged Powell I spoke with someone from Powell and they said Powell's best player had went to Harlan Central(transfer) but Powell had alot of experience back from underclassmen who played last season. IDK but just what was said. Powell was not bad at all IMO.
richardhead Wrote:When we scrimmaged Powell I spoke with someone from Powell and they said Powell's best player had went to Harlan Central(transfer) but Powell had alot of experience back from underclassmen who played last season. IDK but just what was said. Powell was not bad at all IMO.

it was Letcher Central and Jesse Rose
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Their problem is that 95% of their starters are either Freshman or Sophmores. Their defense is not very good because they are weak and slow right now. But these 15 and 16 year old kids are trying to play against 17 and 18 year old kids. It is just lack of experience both on the field and in the weight room. Powell will have a great program once Coach Burchett has time to build it. Within the next 2 years, I see Powell as a district contender instead of a pretender.

Thanks for the Info. i think that powell and estill both will only get better.

is it true that Coach Burchett kicked some of the players off the team???
Strikeout King Wrote:Thanks for the Info. i think that powell and estill both will only get better.

is it true that Coach Burchett kicked some of the players off the team???

Burchett kick 3 or 4 STARTERS off the team for not coming to practice. I think a couple of them were seniors.
Mr. Sandwich Wrote:Burchett kick 3 or 4 STARTERS off the team for not coming to practice. I think a couple of them were seniors.

:thanks: for the info
Coach Burchett warned them and they still missed another practice, so in my opinion that isn't him kicking them off... it's them quitting on their team. I have no doubt that Coach Burchett did what was best for his team. If he would have allowed those guys to stay on, it would have undermined everything he is trying to build. Good call.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:I can’t believe McCreary gave up 30 points to Powell. I knew they would score around 50 but i didnt think they would give up 30 points. sounds like Powell gave them all they wanted. McCreary will have a big game next week when Madison Southern comes to town. the winner of that game will make the playoffs and the loser will not.

McCreary is not really that good of a team. I watched them against Knox Central and was not at all impressed. They've gone 5-1 against a schedule that includes a lot of Powell County types. Looks good for the fans and on message boards but does nothing to get your team ready for district play. They're very fortunate Madison Southern is struggling also.