Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rowan County 29 Greenup County 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
final
WOW! Talk about come from behind! a 20 point turn around AT LEAST
yell i know, last i heard it was Greenup up..
this will be a tough for Greenup to get over
Closer than I expected and I sure didn't expect Greenup to be up like they were.
Congrats RC
Wow i thought Greenup had this one won. Great come back for Rowan
Greenup still surprised me I didn't think they would be within 14. Heartbreaker for GC. Any stats from this one?
Rowan didn't score on us until late in the third quarter. We were up all night, Rowan scored late in the fourth quarter to win the game. This is a tough one to swallow. Keep your heads up Musketeers. Go out and get it done next week.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:Greenup still surprised me I didn't think they would be within 14. Heartbreaker for GC. Any stats from this one?

Not no stats to report, but a great game, Carter had 4 td runs, with one called back, Hardin also had a long td. run, GC up 22-2 at the half, GC got 2nd. half kickoff and was driving, on a 3rd. and short, Coach did not get play in time, penalty and the momenteumn shifted to RC from that point, the :ref2: also had a bad game also, it will be reviewed by the khsaa next week, with 1:05 to play, RC scored on 4th down from maybe the 20 yd. line, on a ahlfback pass, 2 sacks and a interception, game over, GC missed a extra pt. kick and also a 2 pt. conversion, that could of helped, football is alot of what if,s, well next week LC, Coach Copley took the blame for the loss, the boy,s left it out on the field, great effort Musketeers.:Clap:
Old warrior remember we aren't suppose to say the ref. had a bad game, it makes us look like cry babies! But for real I was pulling for you after the first half I had my crow ready for the grill! I thought it would be a tight game. 20 point lead first half was very good. they'll be okay after a weekend off, I am picking Greenup over L.C. next week in another tight game.
congrats to Rowan County who had the never die and never give up attitude! Good Competive Game i like that. Greenup county you almost held on but no Cigars for you guys!!:dontthink
old warrior Wrote:Not no stats to report, but a great game, Carter had 4 td runs, with one called back, Hardin also had a long td. run, GC up 22-2 at the half, GC got 2nd. half kickoff and was driving, on a 3rd. and short, Coach did not get play in time, penalty and the momenteumn shifted to RC from that point, the :ref2: also had a bad game also, it will be reviewed by the khsaa next week, with 1:05 to play, RC scored on 4th down from maybe the 20 yd. line, on a ahlfback pass, 2 sacks and a interception, game over, GC missed a extra pt. kick and also a 2 pt. conversion, that could of helped, football is alot of what if,s, well next week LC, Coach Copley took the blame for the loss, the boy,s left it out on the field, great effort Musketeers.:Clap:

Sounds strange the refs had a bad game. I thought that could never happen. Getting serious I said that I would come on here and say I was wrong about Greenup having a chance to win this game I would like to say I was wrong I did not think that Greenup would have a chance in this one. Carter is a very good player that has helped this team alot without him I do not think it would be close or even a chance to win this one.
So what needs to be reviewed?
CatDawg Wrote:So what needs to be reviewed?
Carey Lyle who grades out the officating crews in our area, told this to Coach Copley and alot of the parents standing around at the fieldhouse last night, when I get further information, I will pass it on to you.
Thanks for the info. I was pulling for you guys this week but not next. LOL
I would like to say #6 Cam Crum made a great play in the 1st qtr., with GC holding a 8-0 lead he was back in punt formation, the ball sailed over his head, instead of falling on the ball at RC 28 yd. line, he picked up the ball and ran it in for a safety, possibly saved a td., also his directional punting kept the ball away from D. Cross. I would say GC had close to 350 yds. rushing tonight, not offical, and the line blocked good and should get the credit also, and yes R. Carter has elevated our play. he is a game changer.:Clap:
Wow, i didnt expect this to come of it. I thought Rowan would get at least a 3 td lead in the first half and cruise from there on out, and after i heard that it was 22-2 at half, i figured it was over, now i wake up today and hear of RC winning it, congrats RC, way to fight GC.
I bet GC had 15 flags on them, 10 in the second half.
Talked to one of the coaches last night, Copley tried to call a timeout twice before the ref threw the flag for the delay of game. The pass inteference call was a receiver and a db getting their feet tangled up and falling on an uncatchable ball. Not blaming it on the refs here, gc blew a big lead, but the flags sure didnt help any.
heartbreaker...tough weekend to be a musketeer....chew on it boys and get better from it
We can pick this game apart from the refs to all our silly mistakes but in the end,it' still a loss.Time to get over it,suck it up,and get back out on the feild.This is heartbreaking for everyone involved but it's not the end of world,it's a stepping stone to take us to to the top, where we know we belong.We just have work a little bit harder.
HANGTOUGH Wrote:We can pick this game apart from the refs to all our silly mistakes but in the end,it' still a loss.Time to get over it,suck it up,and get back out on the feild.This is heartbreaking for everyone involved but it's not the end of world,it's a stepping stone to take us to to the top, where we know we belong.We just have work a little bit harder.

:ilikeit:
I was told this game was one heck of game. I missed it due to being sick. I wish I would have went! I am very proud of the Musketeers. Now let's get ready for Lawrence County! Smile
Southern Rocker Wrote:Sounds strange the refs had a bad game. I thought that could never happen. Getting serious I said that I would come on here and say I was wrong about Greenup having a chance to win this game I would like to say I was wrong I did not think that Greenup would have a chance in this one. [B]Carter is a very good player that has helped this team alot without him I do not think it would be close or even a chance to win this one.
[/B]

Ok I just had to quote you here... Why can't people just get over the fact that Carter is on the TEAM? Are you guy's jealous? yes Carter is a great player, he has great talent. He is a great addition to the TEAM. I think you are trying to say that Carter is the TEAM. No he's an addition to the TEAM and we are glad to have him. One person doesn't make up the TEAM. Now for the last part saying we wouldn't have a chance if it wasn't for him. Wrong, I feel the score would be the same even if Carter wasn't playing. Greenup works hard for what they want and they don't give up.:HitWall:
Wild at Heart Wrote:[/COLOR][/B]

Ok I just had to quote you here... Why can't people just get over the fact that Carter is on the TEAM? Are you guy's jealous? yes Carter is a great player, he has great talent. He is a great addition to the TEAM. I think you are trying to say that Carter is the TEAM. No he's an addition to the TEAM and we are glad to have him. One person doesn't make up the TEAM. Now for the last part saying we wouldn't have a chance if it wasn't for him. Wrong, I feel the score would be the same even if Carter wasn't playing. Greenup works hard for what they want and they don't give up.:HitWall:

Amen very well said,I believe people are just jealous about Carter. But without those other 10 boys on that field what could Carter do:dontthink. We are a TEAM and that's is what makes a threat. Everyone from the start said that we did not have a chance against RC,well guess what we held our own despite what everyone thought. Yes we lost by one point but I could not be any prouder to be a Musketeer.
And FANS you deserve a shout out,:Clap: what a way to cheer for the team I think everyone knew we were there. Now lets get even LOUDER Friday night and help these boys with a WIN :Cheerlead
Congratulations Rowan.

Greenup you came so close.
Wildcard,I don't want to step on your post but the noise hurt a little when on offense.QB couldn't hear play call and line couldn't hear cadance.But you guys were awsome, the rumble of the bleachers and the confident cheers, sent chills down my spine from excitment.You guys are the best fans a team could have.
One thing for certain Rowan County knew they were in a war last night, and yes our fans were awesome and made alot of noise, our cheerleaders did not make the trip, but the fans were leading cheers from the stands, they were up and down and mostly standing the whole game, we do travel with a good fan base.:Wave::Clap:
Who is going to win this district?
Pages: 1 2