Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who is the most under-appreciated player?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who do you think is the most under-appreciated player?

I want to nominate Lone Oak Quarterback Cameron Looper.

51 rushes for 292 yards and 7 TD's
89/137 65% 1281 yards 12 TD's 1 INT

1573 yards 19 TD's and 1 INT combined! More importantly he is the leader of the highest scoring offense in 4A and he has led his team to a 6-0 record. :yikes:

What say you?
I don't know who is now but I know who used to be..lol
charliez Wrote:I don't know who is now but I know who used to be..lol

Just think, I posted this before the Lone Oak thrashing of Green County! :1: Give LWC the credit for that one :biggrin:
Good Call
Duke Brown
97rushes 735yards 6td,s good kid plays within the team concept his numbers could be way higher. but the boreing--truth be told most dont run it becouse of the complexity of it spread option offense doesn't need but what he gives.
Thomas Varney - Belfry
Michael Burchett - Prestonsburg
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Thomas Varney - Belfry

Good post. I agree.

Couldn't agree more. Neither get any credit outside of the the Mountains.

Dead on.The best QB noone outside of EKY knows about, and the best HB noone is aware of either.
Austin Mckinney from Prestonsburg. Prehaps the best defensive player in the mountains possibly the state.
For Varney and Burchett are they REALLY that unknown outside of the Mountains/EKY? Burchett is the QB for an undefeated P-Burg team and I think Varney is the State leader in rushing yards!
Lamar Dawson- Boyle co- young man is a BEAST. Do all on offense and maybe the best LB in the state. Tons of D-1 contact.
Brandon Creasp of Shelby Co. I don't know is numbers, he throws the prettiest ball that I have ever seen on the High School level, he is accurate. He has led Shelby Co. to 5 victories so far this season after they won just 1 game all of last year. He was WAVE 3 player of the week 2 weeks ago for the Louisville metro area.
Jostan Helton of Magoffin County. He is leading 3A in both rushing and scoring with 200 yards per game and 17 touchdowns on the season.
Id like too nominate every lineman they ever has been, and ever will be. Because with out them, all the pretty little running backs and quaterbacks wouldnt be nothing. Time too give credit due when credit is due..
Real Badman Wrote:Id like too nominate every lineman they ever has been, and ever will be. Because with out them, all the pretty little running backs and quaterbacks wouldnt be nothing. Time too give credit due when credit is due..

Agreed. There are a few RB's that act like they don't need one sometimes! (Reggie Bush at USC and Barry Sanders....everywhere) :lmao:
64black&gold Wrote:Lamar Dawson- Boyle co- young man is a BEAST. Do all on offense and maybe the best LB in the state. Tons of D-1 contact.

:Thumbs: Is Dawson the really big LB? I mean the kind of big that makes you poop your pants in a dark alley big?

Varney is outstanding. I havn't seen Burchett.
lwc Wrote::Thumbs: Is Dawson the really big LB? I mean the kind of big that makes you poop your pants in a dark alley big?

Lol that would be him. if im not mistaking hes a Jr in high school and only 15.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Lol that would be him. if im not mistaking hes a Jr in high school and only 15.

Actually he turned 16 a couple of weeks ago. Could be a soph. Great kid. He don't even know how good he is yet. He's a man-child.
In my opinion, the most underrated player is Chad Lawrence of Simon Kenton. He can throw the ball pretty good, can scramble very well, and is just flat-out underappreciated by many people who watch northern Kentucky football.
P.S. He is also a winner. The team only has one loss in the regular season with him as a starting quarterback.
Noah Reid of Clay County. He gives every team they play fits.
Simon Kenton's Chad Lawrence. The QB is the true glue to this team.
lwc Wrote::Thumbs: Is Dawson the really big LB? I mean the kind of big that makes you poop your pants in a dark alley big?

And from what I herd the college coaches are drooling over his 4.0 GPA. Very brite student.
:Clap:
It's impossible to say who the most underrated is; but Lamar Dawson at Boyle County is near the top of the list.
themoses526 Wrote:In my opinion, the most underrated player is Chad Lawrence of Simon Kenton. He can throw the ball pretty good, can scramble very well, and is just flat-out underappreciated by many people who watch northern Kentucky football.
P.S. He is also a winner. The team only has one loss in the regular season with him as a starting quarterback.
Chad only has two losses his entire life as a starting quarterback. One was the loss against Trinity last year in the state finals and the Henry Clay game this year. Which they could have won just were not in the game that night.
Real Badman Wrote:Id like too nominate every lineman they ever has been, and ever will be. Because with out them, all the pretty little running backs and quaterbacks wouldnt be nothing. Time too give credit due when credit is due..

Could not agree more without the Studs blocking the Qb's and Rb's wouldnt get nothing and they need to be praised way more and given credit where credit is due,usually if you got a good line YOU WIN!! if not you loose and thats in every game Linemen is very important too every team,just watch the next game you go to if the line blocks and tackles it means all the differance to the team if not you loose or gets someone hurt,this is same way in College and Pro,good example is Tim Couch at Cleveland if he would have had Payton Manning's line he would been playing today!!!Go Bobcats!!
Caleb Watkins- Corbin
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Caleb Watkins- Corbin

I agree
Travis Canady from Knox Central. One of the best blocking recievers I have ever been around.He also can catch any ball thrown to him. Travis is also a head hunter on defense.
Pages: 1 2