Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am sure that this is a frequent topic on the boards:

How many people are completely sick the joke currently known as UK Football?

After having a great chance to beat Tenneessee in a down year (after Vanderbilt was able to accomplish that feat AT Tennessee), they completely tanked yesterday.

Whats worse--it that we definitely have to sit through another year with Rich Brooks and Mitch Barnhardt.

How many people are ready to jump off the bandwagon in regard to UK football?

I, for one, am tired of this mess. :Skull03:
Well don't come cryin trying to get back on the bandwagon in two years when they are playing in a Janurary bowl game........:BigLaugh: .....in all seriousness, the Cats are trying to rebuild in what many consider the toughest conference in all of college football. Coach Brooks has his work cut out for him and in my humble opinion, if some HUGE strides arent made next season and with recruiting , he will find himself looking for work. I am not a Brooks hater, I hope he can turn things around in Lexington, he has done it before, there is some talent in place they just need a few key positions filled and they could perhaps begin to climb from the cellar of the SEC. With the schedule they have in place next year, they should win 5-6 games, not great but a start hopefully.

BTW, you know I was joking about the Janurary bowl game, right
Do you really, HONESTLY, see Kentucky playing in a bowl game in two years? Heck--do you see it in 5 years?

I don't. And it has lot to do with the fact that football is treated like a second class citizen at Kentucky.

If Kentucky stays with its current leadership--I can't see a bowl in the near or distant future.

Also--part of the issue hear is that Kentucky can not attract top flight, 4 star players. Everyone is under the impression that Kentucky needs to go after Kentucky kids--well--I beg to differ. That is a huge part of the issue. There are not enough solid recruits in Kentucky to build a program around. But to that point--who (from any other state) is going to want to come to Kentucky when this deal is over?

Coaching has a lot to do with it. But the fact that football will always play second fiddle to the round ball has a lot more to do with it. I guess UK leadership hasn't figured out that the oblong ball can bring in the dollars as well.
I'm not ready to jump off....I love UK football!! :dance: I mean who else gets these highs and lows all through the season?

I'm not ready to get off yet...and don't plan to ever get off :thumb:
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Do you really, HONESTLY, see Kentucky playing in a bowl game in two years? Heck--do you see it in 5 years?

Hmmmmmm, maybe he should have actually read my post before he responded to it.
I think he means any bowl game at all not just a January bowl game lol
There again--Is any bowl game an option? As of now--I don't see it.

If there is a major change with a better coaching staff/athletic administration--it is more than possible if football becomes more of a priority at UK.

The worst thing is--there are a lot of great fans at Kentucky who will stick with UK through thick and thin--even if the AD/coaching staff are miserable. They are TOO loyal--and what they need to do is miss a few games so the money quits rolling in. I bet the president will notice then. . . . .