Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 4 game Septemberfest Bowl weekend?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think Lawrence County should start holding a Septemberfest Bowl weekend. Play anywhere from two to four games. Each year Lawrence County would play host to one game, while Tolsia could host another. They could have two additional games and try to have two other locals teams in those games. This could bring in more people for the Septemberfest and allow Lawrence County to generate more funds for the program.

I would like to have either Ashland, Sheldon Clark or Johnson Central be the other two host schools since they will bring several fans. If we were going to look at West Virginia schools then Spring Valley usually has great attendance as well.

As for the two to four opponents those teams could be changed up each year either have the same ones but playing different matchups or go with a totally different set of teams to play the host teams each year.

This would take tons of work from volunteers in order to pull it off but I'm sure it could be done with the LC support. If anyone is afraid this would hurt Septemberfest by taking away volunteers they could have the games be the weekend before and kind of be the kickoff to an entire Septemberfest week. I remember going to Clay County for the bowl game there several years ago and they really pulled off a great atmosphere for football. That's when I originally thought of this and Batpuff and I came up with the potential matchups.

So what does everyone else think. :Thumbs:
I think its a great idea..rotate the home field between Lawrence County and Tolsia and bring in Sheldon Clark and Wayne, WV or Johnson Central..Have 2 games per night with each of the 4 surrounding area teams playing against an opponent not from this area.
Or instead of the week before, how about on the thursday before or the sunday after.
say for instance you had...Jc, Sc, Lc and tolsia
it could be Jc play the first game
Sc play the second
Tolsia for the third
and Lc for the last game since they are the home team
and as for taking it to tolsia...that should be a no since septemberfest is for louisa.
raise ticket price a little bit since there are four games, has potential to bring in big bucks
and to add on to this, i was VERY disappointed that there wasnt a home game during sept fest this year, i am friends with some of the players and they seemed upset about this to..
Actually Fort Gay has their mountain hertiage day festival the week prior so I'm sure the sides could try and work something out to make it one great week of games surrounding these two festivals.
i live in louisa and have never heard of this...but its the Septemberfest Bowl...
Tolsia can do their own thing if they want
A winning team can really get us thinking!
Been thinking on it for years but just hadn't really thought what anyone else would think besides Batpuff and myself. Mountain heritage day is the weekend prior but they don't doing anything related to football.
Didn't we use to have a septemberfest bowl?
They use to have one game on the Friday before or during and called it that.