Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I thought when a team kicks a FG, the ball is dead once it crosses the goaline?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What a horrible way to lose a game.:yikes:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1JpJ53FbXg"]YouTube - WCAX 2609200917590128098 6225726B[/ame]
I'm not sure on the high school rule, but in college & NFL you can return a short field goal attempt. I know that in high school on kickoffs if the ball crosses the goal line whether the player catches it or not, its a touchback.
No you can return a field goal if you catch it. They consider that as of him running it out the the spike was a fumble. there has been a few times when a field goal was returned for a touchdown.....
That was awesome...lol.

BTW why isn't this in the High School Football forum? That was a high school team...
I wasn't sure on the rule but the video was hilarious! You can tell the guy felt stupid because he turned to try to tackle the other guy, then just dropped to his knees. :Sad04:
That was hilarious lol
Wow, just wow.

Reminds me a bit of the Eagles' Jackson last year when he dropped the ball right before the endzone. You have to remember the fundamentals even when you're about to win.
that is funny
Why in the world did they even have anyone back there. I would have had everyone at the line trying to block the darn kick and then when it came up short it would have just been short. Nothing to be gained when you have the lead by having guys back.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I'm not sure on the high school rule, but in college & NFL you can return a short field goal attempt. I know that in high school on kickoffs if the ball crosses the goal line whether the player catches it or not, its a touchback.
According to NFHS rules....any kick that crosses the goal line becomes a touchback...kickoffs, punts...AND missed field goals. This does not say which state this happened in...but my understanding is that all states except Texas and Massachusetts (they go by NCAA Rules) adhere to this rule. Therefore, the announcers state that it is in endzone....but if you look closely at film it would appear that he catches it in the playing field and starts to advance....hence it is a live run and a fumble when he spikes the ball. Feel sorry for the kid....although NFL scouts might be impressed with the "spike"!:lmao:
wow i would hate to be that kid
The guy on the video said MMU?
In HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL IT SHOULD BE DEAD! Just like a kick-off. You can return a FG miss but not if it goes in the endzone. A FG is treated the same as a PUNT! If you miss it and it lands on the one yard line, the other team gets it there.:Thumbs:
Wow, what do you think has happened to the kid who threw the football down?????
its only dead on kickoff, hmm kickoff if the coach cant teach his players the rules and take advantage of them maybe he should try teaching home economics---not as much pressure.
that's right Wrote:In HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL IT SHOULD BE DEAD! Just like a kick-off. You can return a FG miss but not if it goes in the endzone. A FG is treated the same as a PUNT! If you miss it and it lands on the one yard line, the other team gets it there.:Thumbs:
no disrespect intended but high school rules should mimic the next level as much as safety allows. its part of the learning process and for the fortunate few that make it. it will do nothing but help them out. cliché---always gonna be bigger stronger faster got to be smarter. prime example all the major private schools.----smarter than most opponents because they were taught properly.