Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Players being Recruited
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been on any visits or committed from your school/area?
Prestonsburg's Michael Burchett, Austin McKinney and (JR) Alex Griffith have either been on official visits or have them coming up.

Burchett visited Purdue this past Saturday. Michael is also being recruited by Duke, Miss. State, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Wake Forest and EKU.

McKinney has visits coming up to Cincinnati, Marshall and EKU. Austin is also being recruited by Ohio, Elon, Pittsburgh, Louisville and Kansas.

Griffith is being recruited by EKU, Marshall, West Virginia and Rice.
Caleb Watkins has made or is making unofficial visits to UK, Western, Vandy, Marshall, EKU, Georgetown, and Wofford (who has offered him a full ride)
I remember someone saying that WKU came to see Cole Abney and Derrick Thacker, but I am not positive.
Zac Koenenger - Campbell County visited UC. Two weeks ago he blew out his ACL, MCL and Miniscus. Likely will lose interest in any of the schools recruiting him until the see how his recovery goes.
Bell Co:
SR Matt Raines visited Tennessee twice this year. WKU and UCLA games. Also visited UK this past weekend for the Florida game.

JR John Dudley Hilton visited UK this past weekend for the Florida game.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Prestonsburg's Michael Burchett, Austin McKinney and (JR) Alex Griffith have been on either been on official visits or have them coming up.

Burchett visited Purdue this past Saturday. Michael is also being recruited by Duke, Miss. State, Vanderbilt, Cincinnati, Wake Forest and EKU.

McKinney has visits coming up to Cincinnati, Marshall and EKU. Austin is also being recruited by Ohio, Elon, Pittsburgh, Louisville and Kansas.

Griffith is being recruited by EKU, Marshall, West Virginia and Rice.

That's pretty good for some P-Burg kids...I hope they go big.
mines being recruited but he,s only a Jr.---and not a play maker just a solid player, but we got Memphis, western KY, Georgetown, Cumberland, Minn, st., Ashland(Ohio) showing a lot of interest. and i think its Adams st. who wanted him to make an official visit lmao. there in Colorado, i think well save the official ones for next year. coaches orders. cant give his name because we want our team to be a sleeper. want to surprise some of the dynasty teams. but i can tell you he only plays defense which is even odder in my opinion to be getting interest From anyone. but I'm happy none the less.
QB from Williamsburg is supposedly being looked at by D1 schools. He is good.

Casey Gambrel and Chad Merida are both propects at Louisville from KC.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Bell Co:
SR Matt Raines visited Tennessee twice this year. WKU and UCLA games. Also visited UK this past weekend for the Florida game.

JR John Dudley Hilton visited UK this past weekend for the Florida game.
hope both end up there would love to see teamates play at next level....
Wow. I'm glad to see the Prestonsburg boys getting some recognition for their excellent play thus far. I say Michael Burchett has the best shot at making it a D1 college as of right now though.

Anyone have any stats for those three P'burg players?

Also, I heard about the visits to Tennessee that Raines took. He may indeed make it, I wish him the best of luck.
MiddlesboroAlumni Wrote:Wow. I'm glad to see the Prestonsburg boys getting some recognition for their excellent play thus far. I say Michael Burchett has the best shot at making it a D1 college as of right now though.

Anyone have any stats for those three P'burg players?

Also, I heard about the visits to Tennessee that Raines took. He may indeed make it, I wish him the best of luck.

M. Burchett - 84-133 1308 yds. 14 tds. 3 ints. - 50 car. 276 yds. 5 tds.
A. McKinney - 36 car. 215 yds. 5 tds. - 50 tacks. 8.3 tacks./game 1 sack.
A. Griffith - 49 tacks. 9.8 tacks/game
BlackcatAlum Wrote:M. Burchett - 84-133 1308 yds. 14 tds. 3 ints. - 50 car. 276 yds. 5 tds.

That is 218.0 passing yards per game and 46.0 rushing yards per game for Burchett according MaxPreps.
I heard junior cody marcum was at the florida game to...
logmountainboy64 Wrote:I heard junior cody marcum was at the florida game to...

To just be there or did UK ask him to come?
Junior Alex Griffith will be attending the UK Alabama game as a guest of UK.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:M. Burchett - 84-133 1308 yds. 14 tds. 3 ints. - 50 car. 276 yds. 5 tds.

outdoorsman43 Wrote:That is 218.0 passing yards per game and 46.0 rushing yards per game for Burchett according MaxPreps.

Very impressive numbers for Burchett.

Glad to hear that news about Griffith too cat86.
logmountainboy64 Wrote:I heard junior cody marcum was at the florida game to...

You mean Senior.
Matt Raines visited Tennessee during the Western Kentucky game.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:You mean Senior.
Yea i did don't know what i was thinking played with him for three years.....
Junior Lamar Dawson at Boyle County will be attending a game at Notre Dame later this month as a guest. Lamar is a multi-threat at WR, RB, and LB. Great player and student and is playing great for BC this season.
Good luck to all !!!
Channing Fugate signed with Tennesse end of last year. Good luck Breathitt
BoyleRebel Wrote:Junior Lamar Dawson at Boyle County will be attending a game at Notre Dame later this month as a guest. Lamar is a multi-threat at WR, RB, and LB. Great player and student and is playing great for BC this season.

Lamar is a gifted athlete. Nice size and speed. I know MacShara is the "go to guy" but I think Boyle should get Lamar a little more involved in the offense. He catches a pass now and then and carries the ball a couple times a game but that's about it. He threw the TD pass from the HB position earlier this season against Johnson Central. We'll see that again at some point I suspect. He's a beast on the defensive side of the ball.