Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Sep. 28)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Prestonsburg
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Lawrence County
7. Letcher Central
8. Southwestern
9. Perry Central
10. Sheldon Clark
A_Ray #5 :];842188 Wrote:Mountain Football Top Ten brought to you by Alice Lloyd College:

1. Bell County
2. Corbin
3. Prestonsburg
4. Belfry
5. Somerset
6. Lawrence County
7. Letcher Central
8. Southwestern
9. Perry Central
10. Sheldon Clark

I believe SC might be little low they have only lost to Lawrence Co and P'burg, both close games. I think they are better than this ranking.
I honestly believe Corbin is overrated.
Yeah, i agree Corbin is overrated
This poll is like their sports, a joke
Down and Out Wrote:This poll is like their sports, a joke

How should it look in your opinion?
Looks pretty good too me.
How is Corbin overrated? They have lost 1 regular season game in the past 2.5 years. That was to Belfry to open the 07 season. The two other losses were to Newport Catholic in the playoffs. I know they don't play a loaded schedule but you have to blame the KHSAA for that district.

I wish Jewell and Dudley would get over their fued and play each other again. That was a good matchup. North and South Laurel are on the schedule because those are local rival games. They play #1 Lexington Christian every year and just beat a very tough Hazard team. Not to mention perenial power Danville. Ya can't help Danville has players not playing to their ability.

They are 29-3 in their last 32 games with victories over Knox Central, South Laurel x3, North Laurel x3 (this is year is only year NL was good), Hazard, LCA x2, Danville, Hazard, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro x3. No it's not Trinity, Male, Moeller, St X, St. Thomas Aquines but its still pretty solid.
HAROLD Wrote:How is Corbin overrated? They have lost 1 regular season game in the past 2.5 years. That was to Belfry to open the 07 season. The two other losses were to Newport Catholic in the playoffs. I know they don't play a loaded schedule but you have to blame the KHSAA for that district.

I wish Jewell and Dudley would get over their fued and play each other again. That was a good matchup. North and South Laurel are on the schedule because those are local rival games. They play #1 Lexington Christian every year and just beat a very tough Hazard team. Not to mention perenial power Danville. Ya can't help Danville has players not playing to their ability.

They are 29-3 in their last 32 games with victories over Knox Central, South Laurel x3, North Laurel x3 (this is year is only year NL was good), Hazard, LCA x2, Danville, Hazard, Prestonsburg, Middlesboro x3. No it's not Trinity, Male, Moeller, St X, St. Thomas Aquines but its still pretty solid.
Very nice arguement...
I said last week that Corbin is overrated: should be about #5

i agree it is a joke

my opinion

1. Bell County
2. Prestonburg
3. Corbin
4. Belfry
5. Lawrence County
6. Somerset
7. Southwestern
8. Sheldon Clark
9. Letcher Central
10. Perry Central

bell and pburg in my opinion is hands down the two best teams!

:rockon:
well 1st Corbin is way overrated they should be about 4 or 5, 2nd IMO Sheldon Clark should not be in top 10 there a good team but should be about 11 or 12 if it went to say top 15 and 3rd letcher central should be ahead of belfry and lawrence county, and Hazard should be 10th well crap since i went this far here is my top 10 and a few extra

1. Bell County
2. P'Burg
3. Somerset
4. Letcher Central
5. Corbin
6. Lawrence County
7. Southwestern
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Hazard
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Clay County
13. Pulaski County
14. Rockcastle
15. Knox Central
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:and 3rd letcher central should be ahead of belfry and lawrence county,

You definitely ruined your arguement right here. You do know Belfry went on the road a couple weeks ago to Letcher Central and defeated them don't you?
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:well 1st Corbin is way overrated they should be about 4 or 5, 2nd IMO Sheldon Clark should not be in top 10 there a good team but should be about 11 or 12 if it went to say top 15 and 3rd letcher central should be ahead of belfry and lawrence county, and Hazard should be 10th well crap since i went this far here is my top 10 and a few extra

1. Bell County
2. P'Burg
3. Somerset
4. Letcher Central
5. Corbin
6. Lawrence County
7. Southwestern
8. Belfry
9. Perry Central
10. Hazard
11. Sheldon Clark
12. Clay County
13. Pulaski County
14. Rockcastle
15. Knox Central

You do know that Belfry beat Letcher Central @ LCC, don't you?
I know you can't get into the past but Corbin beat Prestonsburg by 2 or 3 touchdowns last season and really didn't lose much. Corbin beat this same Somerset team 56-10. Something just doesn't add up. I'm sure Somerset and Pburg returned a lot of their team but so did Corbin.
HAROLD Wrote:I know you can't get into the past but Corbin beat Prestonsburg by 2 or 3 touchdowns last season and really didn't lose much. Corbin beat this same Somerset team 56-10. Something just doesn't add up. I'm sure Somerset and Pburg returned a lot of their team but so did Corbin.

Corbin beat Prestonsburg 20-6, if I recall correctly. It was a defensive battle. Prestonsburg couldn't move the ball on the ground which really hurt them because they where a smashmouth style of a team last season, but this season we brought in the the spread and its done wonders for our offense. With the looks of things right now the two should be able to meet up again - this time @ Prestonsburg.
The poll is accurate. Bell and Corbin are consistently winning games. It really is a shame they don't have to play each other.
Agree - this makes it tough to argue about...
What amazes me is how quickly Letcher Central built a powerhouse team. Howard has the Midaz touch I guess. I remember when Whitesburg and Neon where small little schools that noboby really noticed. Now combined, with a good coach, they are excellent.
Football1 Wrote:What amazes me is how quickly Letcher Central built a powerhouse team. Howard has the Midaz touch I guess. I remember when Whitesburg and Neon where small little schools that noboby really noticed. Now combined, with a good coach, they are excellent.

He has a reputation that preceeds him, of making the talent in " his town " better. Thats all i'm saying.

I can understand that statement about a poll because it is subjective in nature, but I don't see how anyone can make the comment that their sports is a joke. It is tremendous how they cover high school sports in the mountains.
Football1 Wrote:The poll is accurate. Bell and Corbin are consistently winning games. It really is a shame they don't have to play each other.
You know that Corbin should really play Bell. Last time they played it was a great game....
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:I can understand that statement about a poll because it is subjective in nature, but I don't see how anyone can make the comment that their sports is a joke. It is tremendous how they cover high school sports in the mountains.

I have lived in areas around Lexington, Louisville, and Atlanta. I have also been in numerous areas in the South in North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi on a Friday night. I have also been able to see the coverage from west Virginia, Ohio, and Southwest Virginia and I have yet to see any coverage which remotely comes close to what WYMT does. The only "joke" is anyone discrediting what that station has done for athletes in an area of Kentucky that has long been ignored as much as possible by the media.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:I have lived in areas around Lexington, Louisville, and Atlanta. I have also been in numerous areas in the South in North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Florida, and Mississippi on a Friday night. I have also been able to see the coverage from west Virginia, Ohio, and Southwest Virginia and I have yet to see any coverage which remotely comes close to what WYMT does. The only "joke" is anyone discrediting what that station has done for athletes in an area of Kentucky that has long been ignored as much as possible by the media.

I think WYMT does a heck of a job especially with the resources they have. It's the best sports program for high school sports in the state of KY. And the mountain top 10 could be debated every week. Without head to head match ups all we have is what teams do against other teams on friday nights. With that being said I think you have to put Bell, Pburg, Corbin, Belfry, and Letcher or Lawrence as your top five for now.
I just wish there were some way that WYMT could follow a game every Friday. I am sure that the ratings would be HIGH! Brian (Milam), could you tell us why WYMT can't cover a game every Friday? I had heard that there was a reason but forgot..
who really cares,lol, see who is standing come playoff time
I agree with Bell Co. at number 1 but I like Belfry at number 2.
Football1 Wrote:What amazes me is how quickly Letcher Central built a powerhouse team. Howard has the Midaz touch I guess. I remember when Whitesburg and Neon where small little schools that noboby really noticed. Now combined, with a good coach, they are excellent.
who has lcc beat to make anyone think they are a powerhouse.
We will find out in 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs. If P-burg got a better team then Corbin. I don't think they does.

As of right now, i would put Somerset and Lawrence County over Belfry. Only because both of the don't have a lost yet.
HAROLD Wrote:How is Corbin overrated? They have lost 1 regular season game in the past 2.5 years. That was to Belfry to open the 07 season. The two other losses were to Newport Catholic in the playoffs. I know they don't play a loaded schedule but you have to blame the KHSAA for that district.

Belfry's district is Pike Central, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark... Yet they play teams like LCC, Ashland, P-burg, Whitley County and Johnson Central... A weak district is no excuse for a weak schedule.
Pages: 1 2