Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry vs. Hazard - They Finally Meet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Last years deal banned Hazard and Perry from playing each other in any sport during the regular season for four years. This will be the first meeting of these two teams since that deal.

Everyone needs to come out for this rivalry match up. Its gonna be a great game between two evenly matched teams.
Great to know they will be playing.
When do they play?
October 5, its on a Monday.
I believe they're the opening game for the District tournament.
Mr. Big Time Wrote:October 5, its on a Monday.
I believe they're the opening game for the District tournament.

Hmmmm...from what I'm seeing on the KHSAA scoreboard some teams have regular season games scheduled up to October 10. And it's my understanding that the district is held at Hazard this year.
I'm lost if something occurred last year to ban them from playing for the next four years how are they playing this year?
CatDawg Wrote:I'm lost if something occurred last year to ban them from playing for the next four years how are they playing this year?

They don't play any regular season games. They only play when they meet in tournaments such as district, regional, etc. They don't play at all in football because they are in different classes.
No way am I missing these games.:devilflam
Ohh Im sorry its not October 5, but October 12. Its still on a Monday and it starts at 6 i think.
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:They don't play any regular season games. They only play when they meet in tournaments such as district, regional, etc. They don't play at all in football because they are in different classes.

yeah thats so the reason they dont play in football onsidering they did up untill last year but anyways to fully answer your question CatDawg.

The rivalry was basically getting to heated between the two schools to many fights were starting at games and such. Nail in the coffin was last year in soccer a coach from Perry went after a kid during some issues during the game. Then also Last year I believe or the year before that in basketball a Perry faculty member was arrested during an altercation, some say he pushed some one some say he was attempting to break up the fight all in all it was mud on the rivalry. The football games were pretty calm though not to bad. But now the schools do not play at all for I think 4 years unless it is due to tournament games.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah thats so the reason they dont play in football onsidering they did up untill last year but anyways to fully answer your question CatDawg.

The rivalry was basically getting to heated between the two schools to many fights were starting at games and such. Nail in the coffin was last year in soccer a coach from Perry went after a kid during some issues during the game. Then also Last year I believe or the year before that in basketball a Perry faculty member was arrested during an altercation, some say he pushed some one some say he was attempting to break up the fight all in all it was mud on the rivalry. The football games were pretty calm though not to bad. But now the schools do not play at all for I think 4 years unless it is due to tournament games.
Thanks, that makes more sense. See what happens when you disappear from here for a year you miss to much. LOL.
CatDawg Wrote:Thanks, that makes more sense. See what happens when you disappear from here for a year you miss to much. LOL.

son we are going to have to strap a computer to your hands from here on out so you dont miss out lol...We've needed some of your wise knowledge on here. I noticed you were gone for a while but had no idea what happened to you.
Um.... I pick .....Uum .... Hard one ... Perry Central Boys and Hazard girl's
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:yeah thats so the reason they dont play in football onsidering they did up untill last year but anyways to fully answer your question CatDawg.

thats about like it is with Estill/Powell and Estill/Montgomery. theres usually something happening at them games!
This is one not to miss !!!! Boys and Girls !!!!:Cheerlead:argue:
District tournament will be on turf. You have got to love it.
I am going with Perry in boys and Hazard in girls !
cougarpride08 Wrote:District tournament will be on turf. You have got to love it.

the thing is though for a player turf kind of sucks to play on...especially for the kids in this area because alot of them dont realize turf speeds the game up some when you take a touch that you would on a regular grass field it goes 30 yards infront of you...Im just really partial to grass fields for soccer it changes the game so much
They are suppose to build a new soccer field next year, but don't know when. I just think that it is cool that the football team let's the soccer team play on the field. That to me is a class act by any school.
I know you're not talking about LCC letting the soccer team use thier field cause its a fight to even get to practice on it for tournament....lol
You know what I am talking about, and I think it is a shame.
but to get back on the topic, good luck to all the teams.
cougarpride08 Wrote:They are suppose to build a new soccer field next year, but don't know when. I just think that it is cool that the football team let's the soccer team play on the field. That to me is a class act by any school.

well yeah...Didn't knwo you meant that. LCC is the only program where their football program does not let them use turf if they need it...Pikeville, Sheldon Clark, Johnson Central, Shelby Valley, Hazard and even Belfry lets their programs use the turf if need be...Its a shame how the kids at Letcher have been done IMO...Go figure though...
I was being sarcastic, you know how I feel about that. Know good well that the lines will not hurt the field. They are just being stubborn, and know that this program is just getting as far as the football one is. There is nothing going on that field on Saturday's, so what is the problem?
Perry does have Hazards number, but it is going to take a flawless effort by the Bulldogs to come away with a "W".
Hey blue and gold how is mikael doing on the team?
Hazard girl's beat Johnson Central girls tonite !!
that is a good win to get them ready for district play.
bac2369 Wrote:Hey blue and gold how is mikael doing on the team?

Mikey is doing pretty good. I've seen him kick the ball like a football a couple of times and send it all the way down the field. lol You need to try to come Monday night at 6 and watch them in the district game.

[Image: 2074272060069226593S200x200Q85.jpg]
soccerlover Wrote:hazard girl's beat johnson central girls tonite !!

Congrats Hazard!!!!
Pages: 1 2