Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dorton 62 Virgie 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final in the A team.

I will post stats later on.

B Team

Dorton 40
Virgie 11

C Team

Dorton 25
Virgie 12

D Team

Virgie 18
Dorton 2

*I'm not sure if this is the correct score in the D team because we didn't keep a book. Maybe New O can correct me if I'm wrong.
I think that was the score in the D-team game. Good luck the rest of the season Lady Cats. Keep your heads up Virgie.
Up a little late? Always hard to sleep after a game for me.

When do you play again? We have Feds Creek on Thursday. I sent you a pm.

You have a lot of young talent coming up. SV looks to have a good amount of talent coming up and there are some nice players in almost all age groups.
C Team:

For Dorton:

Savannah Belcher 13 points
Shelby Jones 4 points
Cassidi Wright 4 points
Kyleigh Tackett 2 points
Haley Coleman 2 points

For Virgie:

Summer Rose 5 points
T. Newsome 4 points
T. Hampton 2 points
M. Bonn 1 point

B Team

For Dorton:

Savannah Honaker 9 points
Taylor Rowe 5 points
Lakyn Mullins 4 points
Abby Smallwood 4 points
Sydney Jones 4 points
Ashley Akers 4 points
Toni Johnson 2 points
Savannah Belcher 2 points
Haley Gullett 2 points
Shelby Jones 2 points
Leslie Stewart 2 points

For Virgie:

B. Coleman 6 points
M. Bonn 3 points
#30 11 points

A Team

For Dorton:

Taylor Rowe 12 points, 5 steals, 3 assists
Courtney Wright 11 points, 5 steals, 2 assists
Savannah Honaker 10 points, 2 steals
Mariah Newsom 6 points, 4 steals, 3 assists
Abby Smallwood 8 rebounds, 3 steals
Lakyn Mullins 7 points
Savannah Belcher 6 points, 3 assists, 3 steals
Toni Johnson 4 points, 2 rebounds
Kennedy Tucker 2 points
Ashley Akers 2 points, 4 rebounds
Allie Belcher 2 points

For Virgie:

Brittany Coleman 4 points
#35 4 points
#34 2 points
#5 2 points
Summer Rose 2 points
#45 1 point
#30 1 point
Both schools have some good talent.I am just trying to get a system at Virgie where they are top 3 or 4 in the county every year. Dorton is solid top to bottom.
You are on the right track. The girls are playing hard and I can see the enthusiasm in them that has been missing the last few years. I can see a huge difference already.
I hope we can get there. I have a long way to go but have some kids willing towork.
Virgie has come along way this year.

Everyone predicted Virgie to be at the bottom of the county this year and coach you have them playing good enough to make an impact. They aren't Dorton but then again there is no team in the county like Dorton.
The d & c team games was very entertaining and lots of fun to watch. Looks like the future of Shelby Valley is going to be a great one! There is tons of talent in that bunch of younger girls for both schools. The Belcher girl for Dorton is an amazing ball handler and is going to be a great asset to Dorton and Valley as she gets older. The Rose girl for Virgie does an amazing job as point guard for Virgie and is also going to be a great asset for Virgie and Valley! Looking good girls! Keep up the hard work! :Thumbs:
new o Wrote:Both schools have some good talent.I am just trying to get a system at Virgie where they are top 3 or 4 in the county every year. Dorton is solid top to bottom.
Can't agree more both schools have some good young talent and all the coaches involved seem to do a good job with both teams. I have seen most of these younger girls play and if they keep improving like they have the future looks bright for SV. Keep up the hard work girls (both teams)and good things will happen, and good luck to both on the rest of the season.:Thumbs::Thumbs:
what a great night of basketball
the future of sv looks bright
All Sports Fan Wrote:The d & c team games was very entertaining and lots of fun to watch. Looks like the future of Shelby Valley is going to be a great one! There is tons of talent in that bunch of younger girls for both schools. The Belcher girl for Dorton is an amazing ball handler and is going to be a great asset to Dorton and Valley as she gets older. The Rose girl for Virgie does an amazing job as point guard for Virgie and is also going to be a great asset for Virgie and Valley! Looking good girls! Keep up the hard work! :Thumbs:

The Belcher girl made one of the best moves I have seen this year, young or old.
Big Wiggles 1331 Wrote:The Belcher girl made one of the best moves I have seen this year, young or old.

I would have to agree with you, it was quite awesome!
Big Wiggles 1331 Wrote:The Belcher girl made one of the best moves I have seen this year, young or old.
It was a great move and finished it !
Guys, ease up.... Misty Dawn's head is not going to be able to fit through our office door!!! JK

She is going to be a great lil' ball player!

Valley girls should represent well for years to come. We have several very impressive young ladies at both schools!
Belcher(5th grader) and Rose(4th grader) in the backcourt will be fun to watch. Several other players in that range can make very good players if they keep working. Every one of them better keep working because if they don't someone may pass them up. Nothing like a little competition to make you better.
NewO

You are doing great job! Keep it up!

That Rose girl, where did she get all of that talent?
Not her parents....lol.
If she starts acting like Rocky, we know she got that from her mom! LOL