Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: AP Poll 9-28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
CLASS 6-A
1. St. Xavier (4-1)
2. Trinity (2-3)
3. Fern Creek (4-1)
4. Henry Clay (4-1)
5. Simon Kenton (4-1)
6. Bryan Station (5-0)
7. Scott County (4-1)
8. Ryle (4-1)
9. Manual (2-4)
10. Shelby County (4-1)
Game of the Week: St. Xavier and Trinity will meet at 6 p.m. Saturday at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

CLASS 5-A
1. Highlands (6-0)
2. Bowling Green (5-1)
3. John Hardin (3-0)
4. Owensboro (4-1)
5. Anderson County (5-0)
6. Christian County (4-2)
7. Letcher County Central (4-1)
8. Ashland Blazer (6-0)
9. Pulaski Southwestern (4-2)
10. Covington Catholic (3-3)
Game of the Week: Owensboro will play at Christian County on Friday.

CLASS 4-A
1. Boyle County (5-0)
2. Bell County (4-1)
3. Lone Oak (6-0)
4. Lexington Catholic (4-2)
5. Allen County-Scottsville (5-0)
6. Franklin-Simpson (4-1)
7. Holmes (5-0)
8. Fairdale (4-1)
9. Lawrence County (5-0)
10. LaRue County (4-1)
Game of the Week: LaRue County will host Central Hardin (5-0) on Friday.

CLASS 3-A
1. Mason County (5-0)
2. Somerset (6-0)
3. Belfry (3-2)
4. Russell (4-2)
5. Central (1-5)
6. Sheldon Clark (3-2)
7. Western Hills (4-1)
8. North Oldham (4-2)
9. Breathitt County (1-5)
10. West Carter (3-2)
Game of the Week: Breathitt County will try to end a five-game skid when it hosts Hazard on Friday.

CLASS 2-A
1. Fort Campbell (6-0)
2. Corbin (5-0)
3. Prestonsburg (6-0)
4. Monroe County (6-0)
5. Green County (5-1)
6. DeSales (3-2)
7. Murray (6-0)
8. Shelby Valley (4-1)
9. Christian Academy (4-1)
10. Newport Central Catholic (1-5)
Game of the Week: DeSales will meet Fern Creek on Friday at Manual Stadium.

CLASS A
1. Lexington Christian (4-1)
2. Mayfield (6-0)
3. Crittenden County (5-0)
4. Beechwood (2-3)
5. Fairview (5-1)
6. Hazard (3-2)
7. Frankfort (3-2)
8. Bellevue (3-2)
9. Holy Cross (3-3)
10. Pikeville (2-3)
Game of the Week: Pikeville will travel to Belfry on Friday.
-Good to see Shelby Valley moving up to ladder, from 10th to 8th
-Lawrence is way underrated, 8th in 4A, IMO they are somewhere between 3-6th.
-3A Russell beats West Carter by 2 and moves ahead of Central( who lost only 20 to ST.X
-Pikeville Moves into the 1A top 10 after beating previouslly ranked AC
The Iceboxx Wrote:-Good to see Shelby Valley moving up to ladder, from 10th to 8th
-3A Russell beats West Carter by 2 and moves ahead of Central( who lost only 20 to ST.X

- Shelby Valley moves ahead of Newport Central Catholic in the rankings for what is certainly the first time in school history.

- Disagree about Lawrence. They may be undefeated but who do you move them over? The teams ahead of them with one loss have played a much stiffer schedule and the 2 loss team in LexCath.

-I agree with the Russell statement. Even though their record doesn't reflect it, until a 3A team can actually play them competitively Central is the #1 team IMO. Plus, they have played pound for pound the toughest schedule in the state based on size.

-Pikeville's Top 10 stay will probably be short lived as they take on Belfry this Friday.
The Iceboxx Wrote:-Good to see Shelby Valley moving up to ladder, from 10th to 8th
Need to look again Lawrence is ranked 9th.:igiveup:
How did the tomcats win by 30 and drop so far? But we all know these polls mean nothing anyway
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:How did the tomcats win by 30 and drop so far? But we all know these polls mean nothing anyway

That my friends I coudn't tell you. I don't think Letcher Central should be above Ashland. But others have an argument.
Like I've said before I can't stand polls. I wish Lawrence wasn't even ranked. Makes a kid just a bit more hungry for respect.
Newport Catholic 1-5 is still ranked in the top 10 is justified by the 5A and 6A schedule that they have played. Just like Beechwood, once they begin playing teams in their division, they should do fine.
Stardust Wrote:Newport Catholic 1-5 is still ranked in the top 10 is justified by the 5A and 6A schedule that they have played. Just like Beechwood, once they begin playing teams in their division, they should do fine.

I agree. Both teams are still one of the best in their respected classes.
I still think Bell Co is #1 in 4A!
Breathitt Co is 1-5 and still ranked. What will they have to do to drop out of it go 1-9? Hazard will beat them too this week.
Good to see Lawrence County in the polls. We will see if they are the 9th best team in 4a come playoff time.
Nice to see 8 different NKY teams in the rankings:

1A- #4 Beechwood, #8 Bellevue
2A- #10 Newcath
4A- #7 Holmes
5A- #1 Highlands, #10 Covcath
6A- #5 Simon Kenton, #8 Ryle

Cov. Holy Cross is another team in NKY that I think should be ranked somewhere in the top 10 of 2A. They have stuggled recently against bigger schools but they're a legit top 10 team for their class.
I kinda agree with the statement about Ashland except I need to know who all they beat. I know they beat Belfry in a close game, but we lost to Belfry in a close game. Who else has Ashland beat. Also what district does district 8 play in the first round of the playoff? Last year it was Pulaski and Mercer's district. Do we play that district every year now? I still want to know who all Ashland has beaten except Belfry.
cougarpride08 Wrote:I kinda agree with the statement about Ashland except I need to know who all they beat. I know they beat Belfry in a close game, but we lost to Belfry in a close game. Who else has Ashland beat. Also what district does district 8 play in the first round of the playoff? Last year it was Pulaski and Mercer's district. Do we play that district every year now? I still want to know who all Ashland has beaten except Belfry.

Ashland defeated one of the top programs in SE Ohio (Ironton).
That's not the AP Poll. That is how one person voted.
Ashland also has defeated Russell and the victory over Belfry needs to be noted thta it happened AT Belfry.
Quote:CLASS 3-A
1. Mason County (5-0)
2. Somerset (6-0)
3. Belfry (3-2)
4. Russell (4-2)
5. Central (1-5)
6. Sheldon Clark (3-2)
7. Western Hills (4-1)
8. North Oldham (4-2)
10. West Carter (3-2)
Game of the Week: Breathitt County will try to end a five-game skid when it hosts Hazard on Friday.

CLASS 2-A
1. Fort Campbell (6-0)
2. Corbin (5-0)
3. Prestonsburg (6-0)
4. Monroe County (6-0)
5. Green County (5-1)
6. DeSales (3-2)
7. Murray (6-0)
8. Shelby Valley (4-1)
Newport Catholic and Breathitt County should not even be in the top 20 with the way they are playing. who ever makes these polls does not know what they are doing.
ROCKSOLID69 Wrote:Newport Catholic and Breathitt County should not even be in the top 20 with the way they are playing. who ever makes these polls does not know what they are doing.

I don't know about Breathitt Co, but Newcath has played a pretty tough schedule. Their losses have come to the following teams:

5A #10 Covcath (28-14)
6A # 5 Simon Kenton (29-8)
6A # 8 Ryle (45-0)

Their other two losses have come to:

NKY #6 Dixie (19-7)
NKY #8 Campbell Co (21-17)

Newcath will be fine against 2A competition and are still a legit 2A team. I don't know any other 2A team that would have fared any better against the same schedule as the Breds. All of their losses have come to the top 5A and 6A programs here in nky that are ranked statewide for their respective classes. Outside of the loss to Ryle, none of their losses have been blowouts.
thank you for dumping west Jessamine out of the top ten theres no way they deserved to be there. especially with the best defense in the state and one of the most complicated offense,s around-only firing at about 70%. great voting. p.s western hills how you doin:devilflam
Somthing is wrong here, the AP Poll I saw on the local news was different
I don't understand how Letcher Central is ahead of Ashland in 5a?
The Iceboxx Wrote:CLASS 6-A
1. St. Xavier (4-1)
2. Trinity (2-3)
3. Fern Creek (4-1)
4. Henry Clay (4-1)
5. Simon Kenton (4-1)
6. Bryan Station (5-0)
7. Scott County (4-1)
8. Ryle (4-1)
9. Manual (2-4)
10. Shelby County (4-1)
Game of the Week: St. Xavier and Trinity will meet at 6 p.m. Saturday at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

CLASS 5-A
1. Highlands (6-0)
2. Bowling Green (5-1)
3. John Hardin (3-0)
4. Owensboro (4-1)
5. Anderson County (5-0)
6. Christian County (4-2)
7. Letcher County Central (4-1)
8. Ashland Blazer (6-0)
9. Pulaski Southwestern (4-2)
10. Covington Catholic (3-3)
Game of the Week: Owensboro will play at Christian County on Friday.

CLASS 4-A
1. Boyle County (5-0)
2. Bell County (4-1)
3. Lone Oak (6-0)
4. Lexington Catholic (4-2)
5. Allen County-Scottsville (5-0)
6. Franklin-Simpson (4-1)
7. Holmes (5-0)
8. Fairdale (4-1)
9. Lawrence County (5-0)
10. LaRue County (4-1)
Game of the Week: LaRue County will host Central Hardin (5-0) on Friday.

CLASS 3-A
1. Mason County (5-0)
2. Somerset (6-0)
3. Belfry (3-2)
4. Russell (4-2)
5. Central (1-5)
6. Sheldon Clark (3-2)
7. Western Hills (4-1)
8. North Oldham (4-2)
10. West Carter (3-2)

CLASS 2-A
1. Fort Campbell (6-0)
2. Corbin (5-0)
3. Prestonsburg (6-0)
4. Monroe County (6-0)
5. Green County (5-1)
6. DeSales (3-2)
7. Murray (6-0)
8. Shelby Valley (4-1)

CLASS A
1. Lexington Christian (4-1)
2. Mayfield (6-0)
3. Crittenden County (5-0)
4. Beechwood (2-3)
5. Fairview (5-1)
6. Hazard (3-2)
7. Frankfort (3-2)
8. Bellevue (3-2)
9. Holy Cross (3-3)
10. Pikeville (2-3)
Game of the Week: Pikeville will travel to Belfry on Friday.
how is bell in 2nd boyle is good but they have not played antbody in there class they have all been 1A schools..Yes bell has been beat but Alcoa could have beat any team in the state of Kentucky...Just dont get it...
logmountainboy64 Wrote:how is bell in 2nd boyle is good but they have not played antbody in there class they have all been 1A schools..Yes bell has been beat but Alcoa could have beat any team in the state of Kentucky...Just dont get it...
So your saying Alcoa could beat Highlands I don't think that would happen.
logmountainboy64 Wrote:how is bell in 2nd boyle is good but they have not played antbody in there class they have all been 1A schools..Yes bell has been beat but Alcoa could have beat any team in the state of Kentucky...Just dont get it...

actually boyle thrashed a really good 5A johnson central team
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:actually boyle thrashed a really good 5A johnson central team

:please:.....I personally think boyle is better this year....but I dont think that JC is a good measuring stick I believe Bell would have done the same.
This poll is not correct, Mayfield is #1
EKUAlum05 Wrote:- Shelby Valley moves ahead of Newport Central Catholic in the rankings for what is certainly the first time in school history.

- Disagree about Lawrence. They may be undefeated but who do you move them over? The teams ahead of them with one loss have played a much stiffer schedule and the 2 loss team in LexCath.

-I agree with the Russell statement. Even though their record doesn't reflect it, until a 3A team can actually play them competitively Central is the #1 team IMO. Plus, they have played pound for pound the toughest schedule in the state based on size.

-Pikeville's Top 10 stay will probably be short lived as they take on Belfry this Friday.
I agree, your statements you made are very interesting and to the point, it all comes down to who you play.:Thumbs:
cougarpride08 Wrote:I kinda agree with the statement about Ashland except I need to know who all they beat. I know they beat Belfry in a close game, but we lost to Belfry in a close game. Who else has Ashland beat. Also what district does district 8 play in the first round of the playoff? Last year it was Pulaski and Mercer's district. Do we play that district every year now? I still want to know who all Ashland has beaten except Belfry.
They have beat Greenup County Russell, Ironton, Ohio, Wavelley Ohio, Belfrey and probaly beat Johnson Central this week.:Clap:
kywldcat01 Wrote:Newcath will be fine against 2A competition and are still a legit 2A team. I don't know any other 2A team that would have fared any better against the same schedule as the Breds. All of their losses have come to the top 5A and 6A programs here in nky that are ranked statewide for their respective classes. Outside of the loss to Ryle, none of their losses have been blowouts.

I think they'll do okay in the district, but I don't see them being anything of a 2A threat in the playoffs. They'll be back, but this year might be one to chalk up to rebuilding.
Pages: 1 2