Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin Co. @ Holmes 10/2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who wins and why?
Holmes wins by 14.
I like the Dogs in this one. Their speed and athleticism has proved to be too much for the teams in their district thus far and I don't see that changing this week. Holmes improves to 6-0 heading in to their showdown with Dixie next week:

Holmes 42
Franklin Co 7
Not much offense from Franklin this year. Doesn't bode well for them against the Dogs.
49-0 Holmes.
I asked in the other thread but got no reply...does anyone know who Holmes' district matches up with this year in the playoffs? Or where I can find it on the KHSAA site?
kywldcat01 Wrote:I asked in the other thread but got no reply...does anyone know who Holmes' district matches up with this year in the playoffs? Or where I can find it on the KHSAA site?

I'm like u, trying to find out as much as I can about this team... I know they were 5A last yr did'nt do to good... Now they are doing much better in 4A and looks to be a really good team, so I'm really looking for this team to be contenders.....
Holmes
They worked the numbers at Holmes to get into 4a, they were a 5a doormat the last several years, they will fair well the next few years due to the other teams in the district being down, If Franklin County and Harrison were like they were in the past 5 or so years holmes would be a non factor. They will not fair well once out of the district.
BobCatFan29 Wrote:I'm like u, trying to find out as much as I can about this team... I know they were 5A last yr did'nt do to good... Now they are doing much better in 4A and looks to be a really good team, so I'm really looking for this team to be contenders.....

After looking on the KHSAA website, it looks like Holmes' district matches up with District 6 in the playoffs. That district consists of Boyle Co, East Jessamine, West Jessamine, and Lexcath.
whats-it-2u Wrote:They worked the numbers at Holmes to get into 4a, they were a 5a doormat the last several years, they will fair well the next few years due to the other teams in the district being down, If Franklin County and Harrison were like they were in the past 5 or so years holmes would be a non factor. They will not fair well once out of the district.

Worked the numbers at Holmes to get in to 4A? You're kidding right. You need to do a little research because Holmes was actually one of the smallest 5A schools in the state when they were classified where they were. Enrollment has gone down over the past few years which was the reason for the drop to 4A. As a 4A school Holmes is an average size school.

Also, I disagree they won't fair well once they get out of the district. They'll likely get the #1 seed and advance to at least the second round of the playoffs. They can beat both East Jessamine and West Jessamine, but would struggle against Boyle and Lexcath. Holmes has an athleticism advantage over every team in their district and the success this year will breed success in the future. Holmes will continue to be one of the top teams in the future in their district regardless of whether Harrison and Franklin are up or down.