Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prop 20--Is There a Potential Backlash on the Horizon???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the proponents of Prop 20--they may have a potential windfall on their hands with the football state championships.

As of now--it looks like all classes with be represented by at least 1 non public school (actually there will be 5 out of the 8 teams that are non-public).

Does this put the Board of Education on the spot?

This could definitely get interesting . . . .
I also found it interesting that there will be more private schools(5) than public schools(3) playing in Louisville next week for a state title. I really don't try to get to involved with all of the prop 20 discussions. I think there are probably some positives and negatives either way. I wouth rather see the KHSAA expand to 5 or 6 classes than seperate private and public schools. THe private schools left are: NewCath-A, O'boro Catholic-AA, LexCath-AAA, St. X-AAAA, and Trinity-AAAA. We could very easily have 4 state champions this year that are private schools.
That wouldn't surprise me at all.
I didnt think Russell was public????
Public just an Independent.
it will be all messed up!
17 of the 30 state champs last year were private
A: NCC
AA: O-Cath
AAA: Lex Cath
AAAA: Trinity, St. X

Russell isn't private. I don't think that anyone alluded to that.

Either way--Lex Cath's roll in this is also fairly interesting at this point. I am not for the split--but it seems like quite a coincidence that Lex Cath was fined, and now all of these Private schools are in the championship.
Russell, just as Ashland, are public schools that operate within counties that already have county schools (Greenup County - Russell and Boyd County - Ashland). I really don't know what the exact differences between county public schools and an independent school district, but I know there isn't much difference at all. Maybe they don't get money to help run the school from the county? But still get all of the same assistance from state and federal institutions?
3 independents
5 private
0 public county schools

RED FLAG my friends.

There must be something in the states water. LOL
I think this one is going to get very interesting.

Also--even if the privates won 17 out of 30 state championships last year, people need to remember that there are significantly fewer private schools. That speaks to a much higher success rate versus the public or independent schools.

I hadn't ever thought about it like that until now. . .
42 or 48 private schools 17 championships
275 public and independent 13 championships
Can we smell the coffie
Personally, I am not in favor of the split--simply because the teams that I am (and have been) associated with have never had an issue beating any of the private schools in the area.

But it is really starting to become a little more clear in regard to how some of the other schools feel.

I wonder if anything will be done. Espeically if the majority of private schools win.