Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prayers For Tim Tebow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ComfortEagle Wrote:I love, love, love the hit that was put on him, and I love that he got knocked out, however, I do not wish injury on anyone and hope this is no worse than just a mild concussion.

:Thumbs:
I loved the hit on him, I've never seen anything better. I laughed and have continued laughing about it, it couldn't have happened to a better person. He's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. Anyone can score as many rushing touchdowns as him if they were given the ball every time like that on the 1 or 2 yard line. He's not a very good passer either, a lot of his throws are bad, its the receivers that make him look good. How can Florida even be ranked number 1 when they haven't played a team that was even halfway decent. Charleston Southern, Troy, a not so good Tennessee team and the lowly, scared wildcats of UK. Florida hasn't earned the number 1 spot but Tebow earned that sack and the hit to the head, I hope to see it happen again soon. Get over the Tebow hype people, because that's all it is. I just wish it was me that hit him like that, that would have been even better.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:LOL. Tebow is one heck of a story,

When Tim Tebow makes a great play he points to the sky, when other players make a great play they point to Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow was late for practice one day.The rest of the team had to run laps for being early.
Whoever coined the phrase "defense wins championship" obviously never heard of Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow doesn't mow the grass.......He dares it to grow!
Tim Tebow told the NFL, "I'll be there when I'm ready. And dont ask me again!!!!!!!!
Tim Tebow set Adam and Eve up on a blind date.
When the President asks for the football to order a nuclear strike, the launch codes are Tim Tebow's cell phone number.

Tim Tebow walked into a McDonalds and asked for a whopper... so they went and got him one.:biggrin:
Sports_Fan28 Wrote:I loved the hit on him, I've never seen anything better. I laughed and have continued laughing about it, it couldn't have happened to a better person. He's not as good as everyone makes him out to be. Anyone can score as many rushing touchdowns as him if they were given the ball every time like that on the 1 or 2 yard line. He's not a very good passer either, a lot of his throws are bad, its the receivers that make him look good. How can Florida even be ranked number 1 when they haven't played a team that was even halfway decent. Charleston Southern, Troy, a not so good Tennessee team and the lowly, scared wildcats of UK. Florida hasn't earned the number 1 spot but Tebow earned that sack and the hit to the head, I hope to see it happen again soon. Get over the Tebow hype people, because that's all it is. I just wish it was me that hit him like that, that would have been even better.

And we wonder why CBS and the other networks are always doing those stories where they make fun of us eastern Kentuckians. Well here ya go,you all can wonder why no more!!!

What we have here is "Example #1".
This had to be a horrible day for Tim Tebow. He got a respiratory illness, had to play a football game that involves guys constantly tackling him, and then he gets a bad concussion. Thankfully, that day for him is over and he can rest for the next week.

You could tell he was tired on the football field. The times he usually celebrates on big plays he was just celebrating only a little bit. I'm not sure where he got so much energy to play football.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Some say they are tired of hearing about Tebow, some say they are not the greatest fans of Tebow, etc.

The thing is IMO, Tebow (just the person alone) is perhaps one of the greatest ambassadors of the college game in history, period. Then you thrown in his ability to play football to go on top of that.

The only reason why someone is tired of hearing about Tebow or is not a fan of him is because he doesn't play for the particular team they root for.

In a world where role models are desperately needed, be thankful there is a Tim Tebow out there.
:Thumbs:

Excellent post! Couldn't agree more.
Tim Tebow is the best thing to happen to college football, if not all college athletics, in a LONG LONG time. The way he carries himself off the field is not for publicity, that's the way he is. If you're a parent, you want your kid to be like Tim Tebow. He's younger than me, and I look up to him. He's what this world needs as far as role models for younger generations of athletes. I hope he recovers fully over the next few weeks and is on the field at 100% against LSU.
I think it is funny how everyone who is a DIFFERENT sec team fan hates him just because he is good and beats the **** out their team. You can say what you want about his passing, but everyone has bad throws, but he normally is pretty accurate and can throw it a mile. And for the people that says "he isn't the great person you guys think he is"... well you must know something that nobody else in the country knows, please enlighten everyone on what he has done that makes him such an awful person. If you watch him, you can't help but to like him and the way he plays and acts, unless like I said you are a fan of a DIFFERENT sec team. It isn't his fault the media hypes him up the way they do. And how has Florida NOT earned the #1 spot? They won the championship last year, and return everyone except Harvin and Murphy pretty much. Tim Tebow has been NCAA football for the past 3 years, and he is probably one of the best players to ever play. And to the guy who said "I wish it was me that hit him" I would LOVE to see you say that to his face if you ever got the chance. He would probably just laugh, but he would probably have the ability to break your neck if he wanted to. Tim will have a speedy recovery hopefully, and be able to play against LSU in 2 weeks. By the way, I am a Texas fan, not a Gator fan. I just think it is stupid the way everyone acts just because he beats up your team.
Also... yes it was a hard hit that he took, but it was the knee to the head by his own teammate was probably what knocked him out. And it isn't too hard to drill somebody like that when he doesn't even see you coming. It was the offensive line's fault for not blocking the UK lineman. You can't bench your starters after 1 quarter. You have to at least let them play 2-2 1/2 quarters so you make sure the other team isn't coming back. All the UK fans are just mad because it wasn't even a game after the first quarter.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Care to explain? I mean what has he done wrong?

Ah nothing really. I just don't like the guy, don't like the way he plays. I was joking around as far as I just hope he doesn't die. I obviously wouldn't wish serious injury on anyone. I'm glad he got hit hard because I don't like him as a football player.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Ah nothing really. I just don't like the guy, don't like the way he plays. I was joking around as far as I just hope he doesn't die. I obviously wouldn't wish serious injury on anyone. I'm glad he got hit hard because I don't like him as a football player.

LOl, Smile,
[B]Meyer hopeful Tebow will play vs. LSU[/B]

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Tim Tebow could be back in the huddle in time for Florida's biggest game of the season.

Coach Urban Meyer said Monday that his star quarterback was feeling better and eating well two days after sustaining a concussion at Kentucky. Although Tebow still has "a little bit of a headache," Meyer hopes he will be able to play when the top-ranked Gators (4-0) return to the field Oct. 10 at LSU.

"I think so, but I don't know that," Meyer said.

The 2007 Heisman Trophy winner was put through a battery of tests Monday and was scheduled for more Tuesday, Meyer said. Meyer said he did not know what grade concussion Tebow has.

"Tim's doing good," Meyer said. "All the tests are coming back positive and I'm going to leave it up to the medical staff to update you guys because I don't want to give you information I don't know. But he's doing good. I talk to him all the time. Feeling better."

Tebow spent Saturday night in a Lexington, Ky., hospital after his helmet struck teammate Marcus Gilbert's leg as he was being sacked. Tebow was slammed to the ground and lay motionless as teammates and trainers rushed to him.

Tebow eventually sat up with help and slowly made his way off the field. He started vomiting on the sideline -- a common symptom of concussions -- and was carted off the field.

He spent the night at the University Medical Center in Lexington -- with Meyer and his parents at his side. He was released Sunday morning, then flew back to Gainesville. Meyer said they passed the time watching football and talking about Saturday's 41-7 victory over the Wildcats.

"You do that with any player, but Tim's a special guy," Meyer said. "His family's there. I just wanted to make sure he was all right. He was actually responding very well to everything."

Florida returned to practice Monday, but the session included mostly freshmen, so Tebow had the day off.

Meyer said Tebow had no neck or spine issues, and added that he remembers the hit that knocked him out of the game. But it remains unclear when he will be able to return to practice.

The Gators certainly won't count him out to be ready for No. 4 LSU.
"He's the toughest guy in college football, without a question and without a doubt in my mind," offensive coordinator Steve Addazio said. "I've been around this game a long time and a lot of places and I've never seen a guy like him. Who he is as a person, his mental and physical toughness is just superior. Certainly you know you always have your best shot with a guy like Tim Tebow.

"He is just tough as nails mentally and physically. We're lucky we've got him on our side."

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=4512322"]Urban Meyer: Tim Tebow 'feeling better,' could play vs. LSU - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=4512723@@AMEPARAM@@4512723[/ame]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:LOL. Tebow is one heck of a story,

When Tim Tebow makes a great play he points to the sky, when other players make a great play they point to Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow was late for practice one day.The rest of the team had to run laps for being early.
Whoever coined the phrase "defense wins championship" obviously never heard of Tim Tebow.
Tim Tebow doesn't mow the grass.......He dares it to grow!
Tim Tebow told the NFL, "I'll be there when I'm ready. And dont ask me again!!!!!!!!
Tim Tebow set Adam and Eve up on a blind date.
When the President asks for the football to order a nuclear strike, the launch codes are Tim Tebow's cell phone number.
ok none of those are funny at all...good luck tebow
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Some say they are tired of hearing about Tebow, some say they are not the greatest fans of Tebow, etc.

The thing is IMO, Tebow (just the person alone) is perhaps one of the greatest ambassadors of the college game in history, period. Then you thrown in his ability to play football to go on top of that.

The only reason why someone is tired of hearing about Tebow or is not a fan of him is because he doesn't play for the particular team they root for.

In a world where role models are desperately needed, be thankful there is a Tim Tebow out there.

:Clap::Clap::Clap:
logmountainboy64 Wrote:ok none of those are funny at all...good luck tebow

You obviously have no sense of humor Sad
Wildcatk23 Wrote:You obviously have no sense of humor Sad

If that was a joke, don't quit your day job....

:biggrin: JK
Stardust Wrote:If that was a joke, don't quit your day job....

:biggrin: JK

:redboxer:
Pages: 1 2