Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes 49 Pendleton Co 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dogs improve to 5-0 on the season and 2-0 in district play after a road victory at Pendleton Co.

Junior running back Damian Oden rushed for 170 yards on 13 carries to lead Holmes to the easy victory.

Holmes 14 7 14 14-- 49
Pendleton Co. 0 6 0 0-- 6

H– Oden 16 run (Ghanbar kick)
H– Clemons 2 run (Ghanbar kick)
H– Oden 73 run (Ghanbar kick)
P– Harrison 10 run (kick failed)
H– Oden 36 run (Ghanbar kick)
H– Jenson 9 run (Ghanbar kick)
H– H– Clemons 51 run (Ghanbar kick)
H– Gipson 42 run (Ghanbar kick)

Records: H 5-0, P 3-2

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309250097/
Nice win for Holmes
I'll be very surprised if Holmes doesn't win their district. It's very reasonable that they finish the season 8-2 or 9-1. Dixie and Withrow (OH) seem to be the only remaining challenges on their schedule. They should take care of Franklin Co, Scott, and Harrison Co.
Is Franklin really the only test for them in the District?
^^Pretty sure Harrison Co came in this year as the favorite to win the district (before Holmes being inserted in the district). With their loss to Scott last week, it doesn't look like Holmes should be tested in district play. As it stands, Holmes district looks like this:

Pendleton Co 3-2 (loss to Holmes 49-6)
Bourbon Co 3-2 (loss to Holmes 47-21)
Franklin Co 1-4 (@ Holmes 10/2)
Harrison Co 2-3 (@ Holmes 10/30)

Holmes has the advantage of playing their two toughest opponents at home, so they should walk through district play and finish undefeated.
Holmes will win the district.
kywldcat01 Wrote:^^Pretty sure Harrison Co came in this year as the favorite to win the district (before Holmes being inserted in the district). With their loss to Scott last week, it doesn't look like Holmes should be tested in district play. As it stands, Holmes district looks like this:

Pendleton Co 3-2 (loss to Holmes 49-6)
Bourbon Co 3-2 (loss to Holmes 47-21)
Franklin Co 1-4 (@ Holmes 10/2)
Harrison Co 2-3 (@ Holmes 10/30)

Holmes has the advantage of playing their two toughest opponents at home, so they should walk through district play and finish undefeated.

Ky how does Holmes stack up against Boyle or Bell? Can Holmes compete with the top 4a teams around the state? I think we will know more after the Dixie Game. Just curious what you think at this point in the season.
tezzy859 Wrote:Ky how does Holmes stack up against Boyle or Bell? Can Holmes compete with the top 4a teams around the state? I think we will know more after the Dixie Game. Just curious what you think at this point in the season.

I think Holmes speed could give both teams some problems, but I think they'd struggle in the trenches. Teams like Bell and Boyle are power teams, whereas Holmes is a finess team that uses it's speed and athleticism.

Holmes could compete with any 4A team in the state, but I think in the end Boyle and Bell would be about 2 td's better. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Does anyone know who Holmes' district matches up with in the playoffs this year?