Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 27 - Hazard 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Excellent win for the Hounds. I caught the tail end on the radio. They said Caleb Watkins barely played the first half but once he came in after the half, he ran wild. I don't doubt Corbin is cleary the better team and probably by the same margin on a dry field. However, I think this rain really slowed down Hazards offense. This game would probably be a 35-17 or 42-20 game on dry. Again, great win for the Hounds and best wishes to the Dawgs in blue and gold.
Corbin was on there game tonight it would appear. Two primo class football teams and a great meeting for these warriors.
Good job redhounds.
Congrats Corbin. Bulldogs, wash that mud off and let's get ready for Breathitt next week!
corbin keeps rollin
Corbin 27Hazard 7
Hazard 7 0 0 0 7
Corbin 0 21 0 6 27
Scoring summary:
H--Jordan Olinger 12 pass from John Combs (Austin Delpont kick); C--Ben House 65 pass from Matthew Taylor (Saxon Okuma kick); C--Caleb Watkins 28 punt return (Okuma kick); C--Aaron Manns 4 pass from Roman Mitchell (Okuma kick); C--Watkins 15 run (kick failed).
Records: Corbin 4-0, Hazard 3-2.

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/900839...PIorderBy=
Congrats Corbin
Nice win for Corbin
Let me begin by congratulating Corbin on their win. Corbin has a storied program and remains near the top in their class year afterr year. It is always a challenge to go onto their field and expect to come away a winner! Now, that brings me to another point. The first half of this game was one of the worst called games I have seen in years and I am not the only one that feels that way! There were so many missed calls against Corbin while Hazard had flags thrown at every turn. Our fans were very vocal in their displeasure and I believe our boys got down on themselves when they had a touchdown called back late in the second quarter. It is also my understanding that an assigning secretary was in the stands observing this game, and at halftime he went into the referee's room and blistered the walls telling them he was amazed and disgusted with their inexcusable missed calls. Then in the second half things straightened up, somewhat. Granted, the condition were poor due to all the heavy rain that fell prior to the start of the game, but the rain had stopped and there was no visual factor involved in these missed calls. I would like to see these two teams meet again under more equitible conditions and see how things would progress. Perhaps Corbin would still win, but I think the score would not have been 27-7 under better circumstances, Maybe 17-14, or so, and you pick the winner.

In closing, congratulations to Corbin and keep up the good work. You always represent the mountains well. Also, congratulations Bulldogs. You have nothing to hang your heads about! Tine to move on to Breathitt County and show your mettle!!
Good post. It's about time someone voices their displeasure in a classy manner. Well put diva!
The touchdown that was ruled fumble was a horrible call!! Corbin still wins this game, would have been a much better game though.
divadawg Wrote:Let me begin by congratulating Corbin on their win. Corbin has a storied program and remains near the top in their class year afterr year. It is always a challenge to go onto their field and expect to come away a winner! Now, that brings me to another point. The first half of this game was one of the worst called games I have seen in years and I am not the only one that feels that way! There were so many missed calls against Corbin while Hazard had flags thrown at every turn. Our fans were very vocal in their displeasure and I believe our boys got down on themselves when they had a touchdown called back late in the second quarter. It is also my understanding that an assigning secretary was in the stands observing this game, and at halftime he went into the referee's room and blistered the walls telling them he was amazed and disgusted with their inexcusable missed calls. Then in the second half things straightened up, somewhat. Granted, the condition were poor due to all the heavy rain that fell prior to the start of the game, but the rain had stopped and there was no visual factor involved in these missed calls. I would like to see these two teams meet again under more equitible conditions and see how things would progress. Perhaps Corbin would still win, but I think the score would not have been 27-7 under better circumstances, Maybe 17-14, or so, and you pick the winner.

In closing, congratulations to Corbin and keep up the good work. You always represent the mountains well. Also, congratulations Bulldogs. You have nothing to hang your heads about! Tine to move on to Breathitt County and show your mettle!!

Quite honestly, there could have been more penalties on Hazard and Corbin. The refs missed numerous horse collar tackle violations against Hazard, they also missed an interference call against our tight end in the second half. They also did not call a couple of facemask calls-whenever you grab another player by the helmet, that's a penalty, and if there ever was a penalty that needs to be called, that one does because its a safety issue. It's easy to get on here and say the assigning secretary was in the stands....he blistered the refs.....where is your proof? There were displeased fans on Corbin's side also.

Hazard has a good team and some very nice players and they will do good in class A.
mountain_music Wrote:The touchdown that was ruled fumble was a horrible call!! Corbin still wins this game, would have been a much better game though.

How was it a touchdown? He was not in the endzone. The player from Corbin made a heck of a play, didn't give up, chased the kid down, stripped the ball, and recovered the fumble. That was not a missed call.
He kept possession of the ball. It was then stripped while already in the endzone. Clearly a TD. Horrible calls on both sides of the ball. But congrats corbin, both teams are strong and should have an awesome season
hhslinebacker9 Wrote:He kept possession of the ball. It was then stripped while already in the endzone. Clearly a TD. Horrible calls on both sides of the ball. But congrats corbin, both teams are strong and should have an awesome season

If you were sitting on Hazard's side it would have been hard to see, from were I was sitting he was on the 1 yard line and stripped of the ball. It appeared that he never made it to the endzone. We will be able to see it on the film.
Good luck the rest of the year.
i figure hazard would have won this game, good match up tho
You fans are something else..... I would like for either one of you who has reported above to define a horse collar rule?

It's also my understanding that the officials that called that game were championship caliber and also called the Clay game last week. I know for a fact, a fact that no one blistered the officials at halftime.

Fans always must blame someone.
I work with a guy that was at the game. He said Hazard played Corbin a lot closer than the score indicates. He also mentioned that Hazard was getting hosed with a lot of missed calls.
WildDawg Wrote:I work with a guy that was at the game. He said Hazard played Corbin a lot closer than the score indicates. He also mentioned that Hazard was getting hosed with a lot of missed calls.

Congrats Corbin
WildDawg Wrote:I work with a guy that was at the game. He said Hazard played Corbin a lot closer than the score indicates. He also mentioned that Hazard was getting hosed with a lot of missed calls.

please explain, still waiting on you fans to explain the horse collar. I am sure your trying to find the definition. Anyways, a horse collar is when the defense grabs inside the shirt collar or the shoulder pads and pulls the runner and subsequently to the ground. Now, understand, this is the rule.
Game over !!
firechief Wrote:please explain, still waiting on you fans to explain the horse collar. I am sure your trying to find the definition. Anyways, a horse collar is when the defense grabs inside the shirt collar or the shoulder pads and pulls the runner and subsequently to the ground. Now, understand, this is the rule.

I have no clue. I'm a Lawrence County fan and don't care either way who won the game. I didn't go into details with him because i'm not a fan of either school.
firechief Wrote:please explain, still waiting on you fans to explain the horse collar. I am sure your trying to find the definition. Anyways, a horse collar is when the defense grabs inside the shirt collar or the shoulder pads and pulls the runner and subsequently to the ground. Now, understand, this is the rule.

You are right and that is what was happening. It can be from behind or in the front of the shoulder pads. This is the first year it has been a penalty in high school football and I truly wonder if the players on many teams know that it is illegal. I also wonder if some of the refs realize its a penalty, and if they do, why don't they get that yellow flag out of their pocket and throw it on the ground when it happens?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:You are right and that is what was happening. It can be from behind or in the front of the shoulder pads. This is the first year it has been a penalty in high school football and I truly wonder if the players on many teams know that it is illegal. I also wonder if some of the refs realize its a penalty, and if they do, why don't they get that yellow flag out of their pocket and throw it on the ground when it happens?

no, this is not a fact, just as I stated it. Actually, you could have someone pulling a player down from behind as the rule states and another player come over to assist on the tackle and it would not be a foul. The problem here is that many folks want to add their .10 in on the rule as you did. I stated the rule to you. The only difference from HS to college rule is that in college it is defined that the player to be pulled down immediately. Also, the rule does not apply to anyone behind the line of scrimmage.

The crew that worked this game, is a solid crew who is going to call the game with a good football rules philosophy. The problem, someone always gets beat, someone has to blame the officials. Just because your tackle get held, does that mean a flag has to be thrown if the ball is ran to the opposite side of the field? good officials will not make this call......
firechief Wrote:no, this is not a fact, just as I stated it. Actually, you could have someone pulling a player down from behind as the rule states and another player come over to assist on the tackle and it would not be a foul. The problem here is that many folks want to add their .10 in on the rule as you did. I stated the rule to you. The only difference from HS to college rule is that in college it is defined that the player to be pulled down immediately. Also, the rule does not apply to anyone behind the line of scrimmage.

The crew that worked this game, is a solid crew who is going to call the game with a good football rules philosophy. The problem, someone always gets beat, someone has to blame the officials. Just because your tackle get held, does that mean a flag has to be thrown if the ball is ran to the opposite side of the field? good officials will not make this call......

Calm down. I don't know what your talking about my team won!

All I can say about that rule then, its stupid if its worded that way, and know one can really know what the foul is. If a player can be pulling someone down from behind by the collar part of the shoulder pads and it not be a foul then get rid of the rule or change the wording because it is idiotic as is.,
This sound like the game i wont to. I havn't went to that many games this year, but the 4 games i went to. 3 of the 4 games i have went to, there was alot of miss calls in them.

I just say that my coach told use. We will be playing 15 players in ever game. Play smart ball. If you do that, it take the game out of the refs hands.

Good win to Corbin, and Hazard keep ur heads up and get reald for Breathitt Co. this week.
Pages: 1 2