Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bell County 42 Rockcastle County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats Bell.
I promised the BGR world that it would not be a 40+ win :biggrin:
It could have been worse.
lwc Wrote:I promised the BGR world that it would not be a 40+ win :biggrin:
got any stats? I'm pretty sure that Mr. Rowe,defense,Bishop in company played alright. As always, "Game of the Mountains" could go either way
Rockcastle recovers at least 2 fumbles and can't get scores off of them. I think they forced one turnover and eventually scored off of it. Other than that stupid penalties (mostly self-inflicted) and poor execution (half Rock's fault and half Bell's defensive line's fault) killed the Rock tonight.

The rain did not seem to harm either team, both came out and played their game. Rock tripped up in the backfield a few times and Bell bobbled the ball a few times, but it was equal and did not significantly impact either team. I was hoping it would be the great equalizer but it wasn't Sad

Rock's seniors will graduate knowing they beat Bell County but the Juniors may graduate next year without a win because Bell is good, they haven't lost a step from last season and I think they have 16 juniors!!!! I am glad to see that Matt Raines, Fuson and Lawson are graduating but there are not a lot more than that! :yikes:

Bell County has officially tied the series at 8 games to 8.

I tip my hat the Bobcats. I am very pleased that you did not overlook us and you took the game seriously. You proved on the field tonight that you respected the Rock! Great effort tonight!
rocket01 Wrote:got any stats? I'm pretty sure that Mr. Rowe,defense,Bishop in company played alright. As always, "Game of the Mountains" could go either way

I know that one of the Bell RB's had at least 3 TD's and I think it was Davenport.

I know for a fact that Bishop had a TD pass to Todd for Rock's only score.
Way to go Bobcats on another win...........(from an Alcoa and Bobcat fan)
yea was a hard hitting contest! Bell sophmore back corey davenport had a big game, Freshman ryan collett had a 35 yard td run too. Raines caught nice td in the corner. Cody davenport had a 50 yard td catch too.
Yea this game could of and should of been worse. Dudley put in the JV Offense with 4 min left in the 3rd quarter. Didnt understand why Rock left there Varsity offense in during the whole 4th quarter while Bell had there JV defense in. Anyone from Rock care to explain?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Yea this game could of and should of been worse. Dudley put in the JV Offense with 4 min left in the 3rd quarter. Didnt understand why Rock left there Varsity offense in during the whole 4th quarter while Bell had there JV defense in. Anyone from Rock care to explain?

He probably felt that they needed the practice.
So would some Rock fans care to tell who's better Boyle Co or Bell Co?

Boyle Co 42
Rock 22

Bell Co 42
Rock 6
Great win bobcats the rain kind of held off but i stood right there on the sideline and hooped and hollerd with every other bell county fan GO CATS
I think Bell Co deserves to be #1 in State in 4A imo. The 1 loss to Alcoa is killing us right now. Let Boyle Co play them and the outcome would be the same. I hope the voters take this game and compare it to when Boyle Co played Rock into consideration before they vote this week.
Bell Co. had 3 turnovers early on that hurt them, 1 leading to Rock only score. Rock as always played hard but had a hard time moving the ball. Bell looks to be improving every week. Lawson, Carton, Hilton, Brown and everyone else played really good defense.

Bell nearly laid an egg against Knox last year in the playoff's and almost cost themselves a CHAMPIONSHIP. I hope they get ready to play next friday night against KC!!!!!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:yea was a hard hitting contest! Bell sophmore back corey davenport had a big game, Freshman ryan collett had a 35 yard td run too. Raines caught nice td in the corner. Cody davenport had a 50 yard td catch too.

Cody Davenport also had a nice TD catch.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:So would some Rock fans care to tell who's better Boyle Co or Bell Co?

Boyle Co 42
Rock 22

Bell Co 42
Rock 6

I still would not say ethier team. Rock Brought there A game vs Boyle. they didnt play to well vs Bell. for the one talking about speed. after tonight i still felt like PC is faster the Bell (could have been cause of the wet field). Bell is still a whole lot better ball club tho Congrats to Coach Hilton and Bell. Bell is VERY good football team.
way to go bell
When does the carton kid get to play?
bac2369 Wrote:When does the carton kid get to play?

He played tonight. did a good job on D. I only remember him playing D tho. I dont know much about the story just know he was gone and now he is back. Usally it take the KHSAA a couple of weeks to make a judgment, and he was back very quickly. i would say he didnt transfer schools. But I dont know. Can a Bell Fan clear this up
Rock didnt play to well becuase of Bell's D! When will people learn Bell's D is for real and Defense wins Championships! Bells D is fast!
Final! Congrats Bobcats!

Bell Co. 42Rockcastle Co. 6
Rockcastle Co. 6 0 0 0 6
Bell Co. 7 14 14 7 42
Scoring summary:
B--Corey Davenport 59 run (John Dudley Hilton kick); R--Jamie Todd 11 pass from Dustin Bishop (kick failed); B--Corey Davenport 2 run (Hilton kick); B--Matt Raines 19 pass from Ben Madon (Hilton kick); B--Corey Davenport 3 run (Hilton kick); B--Cody Davenport 50 pass from Madon (Hilton kick); B--Ryan Collett 35 run (Hilton kick).

Records: Bell Co. 4-1, Rockcastle Co. 2-3.

http://www.kentucky.com/813/story/900839...PIorderBy=
Congrats BC
BLUECAT89 Wrote:It could have been worse.

Wow, really. I was already surprised by the margin. Congrats BC
[quote=lwc]

Bell County has officially tied the series at 8 games to 8.

Where are you getting your 16 game series at I know they have played more times than that. They used to be in the same district back in the 80's. You are just going back to when Rock started beating them in 2000.
Stardust Wrote:Wow, really. I was already surprised by the margin. Congrats BC

Yes it could have been worse. The lone Rock TD was scored directly from a Bell turnover deep in thier own territory. Bell could have thrown the ball all night. Madon was 8-10 passing for close to 150 yards and 2 TD's, those numbers could have been much higher. The Deep ball was there all night, Rock had no anwer for Cody Davenport, Raines and Lowe. Also Bell had 3 total fumbles lost in the game (2 in the 1st half) and all were unforced coming on the QB/Center exchange. Bell's Center (Marcum) I was told missed some practice time this week.

But as a I said earlier Rock competed from the 1st snap to the last. They just could not move the ball with any consistency. Lawson, Carton, Brown, Patterson, Hilton, Marcum, Mills and Lowe were in the backfield all night. :worthy:
well the bell d won this game. the front 4 was all over the rock backs...this d is very strong and not only strong but fast...and dont forget the hard hitting linebacker:flame:
Congrats Bell Co.